Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    NO. We are NOT special. We are NOT unique. A long time ago - perhaps - but no longer. And this decision will only diminish our presence on the world stage, we need the EU as much as it needs us. And now everyone will suffer. You say that businesses will still love to invest, yet evidence doesn't really support that viewpoint. Morgan Stanley alone has already cut 2000 jobs and more will likely follow. Not to mention all those in the public sector whose jobs are directly related to the EU, and are now non-existent. Oh but don't worry, if we BELIEVE in it hard enough then it will all magically get better! I'm ashamed to call Brexiters my countrymen...
    That Morgan Stanley thing isn't true. They have now denied it. Have faith in God and have faith in ourselves. We can!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Why do you need to study abroad? The UK has some of the east universities in the world. Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL and many others are world renowned. Also, as far as I know, the Erasmus scheme will still exist and many universities have been doing year abroad schemes with countries outside the EU so Brexit won't have a massive impact.
    It's not so much studying for myself but rather travelling, I plan to do Biomedical Science and I know a lot of people in those fields who have to travel and a lot of people want to study abroad for the experience, you can't tell someone they don't need to study abroad, everyone has their reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Exactly. Norway and Switzerland were doing pretty well last time I checked.
    This argument drives me crazy.:rolleyes:

They both pay into the EU budget and they both allow free movement as part of the single market, it would be largely pointless to mess around leaving just to adopt similar arrangements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    No. This is absolutely terrifying. Scotland is leaving. The pounds crashed. Businesses don't have faith in us anymore. Even the most positive of leavers are saying it will be a bumpy couple of years. What happens when your supposed solutions fail to appear then? We don't have a strong political leader and the country is more divided and at its throats that ever.

We should be trying to fix this mistake ASAP. Also can the nationalism back in the past where it belongs, we are Britain is propaganda, I want security which we just threw out the window on xenophobia and the lies of Nigel Farage.
    The hysterical left are the most irrational and hateful people in this country, not the right.

Why are you still calling those who voted to leave xenophobes and racist even though it was this decree of condescension which has led to an exodus of working class Britons from progressive parties like Labour?

The most volatile period of Britain's exit was always going to be the first week, and to be fair, the markets haven't been as bad as anticipated. Stop crying and try and burst your idealistic bubble, because your bias is making you incessant on labelling and demeaning anyone who disagrees with you, and making you outcry falsifies which are both incoherent and wildly exacerbated.

ReputationRep:
    No, I will not accept this. It is a mistake, mistakes should not be accepted. I will not be optimistic. There is nothing to be optimistic about. You Leave people have ruined this country because of your selfish, xenophobic egos. There is nothing to be optimistic about. Economy, politicians, Scotland, businesses - all insecure, all looking bad. You have ruined any greatness this country might have had. Stop being positive, this is a disaster. Britain sucks and you made it worse.
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    This argument drives me crazy.:rolleyes:

They both pay into the EU budget and they both allow free movement as part of the single market, it would be largely pointless to mess around leaving just to adopt similar arrangements.
    But we voted leave, so whether or not it is pointless is no longer relevant :lol: I'm just stating the fact that we'll be okay and a future outside of the EU could give good concessions to both Outers and Remainers. Not the end of the world. The sky is not falling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squish562)
    That Morgan Stanley thing isn't true. They have now denied it. Have faith in God and have faith in ourselves. We can!
    That one might not be. Others will be though. Quit it with this faith junk. I don't want your nationalism or believe. I want a stable economy. I want to feel confident in my country. I would have wanted Scotland not to leave but I can't blame them after this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    It's not so much studying for myself but rather travelling, I plan to do Biomedical Science and I know a lot of people in those fields who have to travel and a lot of people want to study abroad for the experience, you can't tell someone they don't need to study abroad, everyone has their reasons.
    I also want to study Biomedical science,maybe we could go overseas to America instead ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squish562)
    I hadn't seen that, but upon investigation it actually appears to be more of a 'not just yet' measure as they wait and see what happens, but it's coming soon. And not just them, all the major banks will be moving jobs elsewhere
    http://fortune.com/2016/06/24/london-brexit-jobs/

Speaking to an atheist, your argument of asking me to put faith in God is not exactly convincing. I don't make my judgements based upon faith - I make them based on evidence. And thus far, all the evidence suggests that this country is heading to oblivion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord.
    OK, stop with this junk please. The country is in crisis, you do what you want but don't force mumbo jumbo onto people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    The hysterical left are the most irrational and hateful people in this country, not the right.

Why are you still calling those who voted to leave xenophobes and racist even though it was this decree of condescension which has led to an exodus of working class Britons from progressive parties like Labour?

The most volatile period of Britain's exit was always going to be the first week, and to be fair, the markets haven't been as bad as anticipated. Stop crying and try and burst your idealistic bubble, because your bias is making you incessant on labelling and demeaning anyone who disagrees with you, and making you outcry falsifies which are both incoherent and wildly exacerbated.
    The first week didn't need to be volatile because we didn't need to leave. You have led us into chaos for nothing, you people with your lies.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kadak)
    I also want to study Biomedical science,maybe we could go overseas to America instead ?
    Possibly, I guess the worst is that the funding we pay to the EU and any contributions they pay will be stopped, the EU paid more contributions to research in science than we did.

ReputationRep:
    OK, stop with this junk please. The country is in crisis, you do what you want but don't force mumbo jumbo onto people.
    We're not in crisis. We are emerging as a great economy and a great country again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    But we voted leave, so whether or not it is pointless is no longer relevant :lol: I'm just stating the fact that we'll be okay and a future outside of the EU could give good concessions to both Outers and Remainers. Not the end of the world. The sky is not falling.
    I'd be happy with a Norway type deal as it means ditching the Common Fisheries Policy.

But yeah, the Sun will still rise tomorrow regardless. I've never subscribed to these apocalyptic visions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Possibly, I guess the worst is that the funding we pay to the EU and any contributions they pay will be stopped, the EU paid more contributions to research in science than we did.
    Hmm,I guess we should just get a degree and leave the country tbh.Although Ill be worried to do a phD here as I have no idea where the funding will come from.

ReputationRep:
    The first week didn't need to be volatile because we didn't need to leave. You have led us into chaos for nothing, you people with your lies.
    Australia and Canada are both not members of a continental trading bloc and they're doing just fine, as too are Japan and as too are South Korea. The level of scaremongering you exude is unreal.

ReputationRep:
    We're not in crisis. We are emerging as a great economy and a great country again.
    Look at a graph of the pound. Look at the reports of business leaving. Look of twitter at the young people terrified by this decision. Britain will never be great again and if being great involves terrifying your citizens and repeating nationalist drivel, thats fine by me .

(Original post by rimstone)
    At least the old people that voted leave won't be able to afford gas this winter....
    Don't be so horrid.

No. This is absolutely terrifying. Scotland is leaving. The pounds crashed. Businesses don't have faith in us anymore. Even the most positive of leavers are saying it will be a bumpy couple of years. What happens when your supposed solutions fail to appear then? We don't have a strong political leader and the country is more divided and at its throats that ever.

We should be trying to fix this mistake ASAP. Also can the nationalism back in the past where it belongs, we are Britain is propaganda, I want security which we just threw out the window on xenophobia and the lies of Nigel Farage.
    No, I will not accept this. It is a mistake, mistakes should not be accepted. I will not be optimistic. There is nothing to be optimistic about. You Leave people have ruined this country because of your selfish, xenophobic egos. There is nothing to be optimistic about. Economy, politicians, Scotland, businesses - all insecure, all looking bad. You have ruined any greatness this country might have had. Stop being positive, this is a disaster. Britain sucks and you made it worse.
    Jesus Christ. We have a democracy and we voted out. GET OVER IT.

ReputationRep:
    Look at a graph of the pound. Look at the reports of business leaving. Look of twitter at the young people terrified by this decision. Britain will never be great again and if being great involves terrifying your citizens and repeating nationalist drivel, thats fine by me .
    Let's agree to disagree then. I think we're a great country and will accomplish great things outside the EU. You don't.

ReputationRep:
    Let's agree to disagree then. I think we're a great country and will accomplish great things outside the EU. You don't.
    No, I don't and its absolutely terrifying you people forced us into this position.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.