Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We do what the minority want because the majority's majority isn't big enough?? This was more democratic than general elections (higher turnout & PR) so let's accept the result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I thought i told you to shut up silly carrot
    other ppl dont do exactly what i tell them its so cruel im triggered i need to go to my hugbox where im safe :cry:

(Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    other ppl dont do exactly what i tell them its so cruel im triggered i need to go to my hugbox where im safe :cry:
    Explain like I'm 5 i don't understand your rubbish and now you are a silly apple

ReputationRep:
    If this is a remain petition (to reconsider the results / to consider another EU referendum) please can people DDoS it.

ReputationRep:
    Explain like I'm 5 i don't understand your rubbish
    You're behaving like an immature child who hasn't got his own way, I am embarrassed for you. The election went the way of the leave camp, so we will leave the EU and your petition will not make an ounce of difference.

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    If this is a remain petition (to reconsider the results / to consider another EU referendum) please can people DDoS it.
    Government website excuse me

You're behaving like an immature child who hasn't got his own way, I am embarrassed for you. The election went the way of the leave camp, so we will leave the EU and your petition will not make an ounce of difference.
    I'm embarassed that you made a stupid choice.
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Government website excuse me
    I don't care your state of denial is getting pretty annoying.

(Actually I'm reveling in it. )

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?
    Actually I voted remain, but I respect democracy and I accept the outcome of this election.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?
    Why is age relevant to this debate?

Especially so as the TSR Bremain camp wants to lower the age of voting to 16 so that 16 and 17 year olds can vote.

I don't care your state of denial is getting pretty annoying.

(Actually I'm reveling in it. )
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Vote Remain

Actually I voted remain, but I respect democracy and I accept the outcome of this election.
    Ok cool! Stop arguing against me then 🙄
    You're supposed to agree

Why is age relevant to this debate?

Especially so as the TSR Bremain camp wants to lower the age of voting to 16 so that 16 and 17 year olds can vote.
    Of course it is relevant! Most old people are saying Leave because they probably won't be here as long
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Most leave voters voted on the basis of immigration, and didn't not base an intelligent opinion. There are loads of leave voters now regretting their decision. And if leave voters think we can be like Norway and Switzerland and agree on a trade deal, think again. We will have to accept the free movement act regardless. The leave campaign was run on a pack of lies.

ReputationRep:
    You're supposed to agree
    Do you know why it is we have voting?

ReputationRep:
    You're supposed to agree
    No she's not because she's a well-principled person.
    (Soz if I got gender wrong Gora The Xplorer; I tend to be bad at guessing.)

Do you know why it is we have voting?
    Yes of course . I love your name

No she's not because she's a well-principled person.
    (Soz if I got gender wrong Gora The Xplorer; I tend to be bad at guessing.)
    I am too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Most leave voters voted on the basis of immigration, and didn't not base an intelligent opinion. There are loads of leave voters now regretting their decision.
    The reasons are irrelevant, you don't need to be rich, or have a degree or whatever to have a vote, one person one vote.

And if leave voters think we can be like Norway and Switzerland and agree on a trade deal, think again. We will have to accept the free movement act regardless. The leave campaign was run on a pack of lies.
    We will get a deal, the EU is in bad shape and can ill-afford to screw us over. We'll get a trade deal and we'll get some form of free-movement.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is relevant! Most old people are saying Leave because they probably won't be here as long
    What a naïve thing to say.

And I thought people said immigration was the main argument?

Most leave voters voted on the basis of immigration, and didn't not base an intelligent opinion. There are loads of leave voters now regretting their decision. And if leave voters think we can be like Norway and Switzerland and agree on a trade deal, think again. We will have to accept the free movement act regardless. The leave campaign was run on a pack of lies.
    So let's not become like Norway or Switzerland.

You forget we hold a lot of leverage, being the biggest export market for the rest of the EU.
    So if they place high tariffs, we raise ours, and it's not in their interest to start a trade war.
    (And we have a trade deficit with them.)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.