Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dear people who voted leave, how would you react if remain had won? watch

ReputationRep:
    They would have demanded a second referendum, arguing that unicorns arrived and rigged the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    They wouldn't react at it very dramatically as nothing would have been changed pretty much. Well most of them would not be celebrating today... That's how they would react..
    How do you know this? Is this an offense for the remainers??

ReputationRep:
    I would of expressed my disappointment explained why and accepted it leaving remainers to enjoy the win.

I believe we are better out long term but ahead of that I believe that the majority deserve their decision to be upheld as that is democracy.

I definitely wouldn't start a thread like I saw about leave voters saying remain voters should be burned.

ReputationRep:
    I would accept defeat. I wouldn't rush to social media and cry like a *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shapez)
    How do you know this? Is this an offense for the remainers??
    No, it is not an offence as I would have voted to remain if I was 18+. I don't know this, I just answer the question how I imagine people would react if we left EU. Therefore no one knows what would or will change because of this event so we can only guess and say our opinions. This is not psychics forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    No, it is not an offence as I would have voted to remain if I was 18+. I don't know this, I just answer the question how I imagine people would react if we left EU. Therefore no one knows what would or will change because of this event so we can only guess and say our opinions. This is not psychics forum.
    So based on the current situation of remainers you are thinking they should be more calm and possibly implying leavers would have dealt it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    (I feel the need to point out I am (nearly 17) and so could not vote)

I expected Remain to win. If they had, I would have thought 'As to be expected'. Been incredibly disappointed and, of course, upset, but would not have voiced such atrocious things as the Remain voters have today.
    More along the lines of 'I am disappointed in the vote today'
    And been gracious in defeat.

Alas, the majority of remain voters are lefties, and we have always seen such negative and horrendous reactions from the left when they lose (Note: the general election last year)
    Nah, stop pretending you're vastly superior to everyone else. It has nothing to do with being "lefties". All you had to lose was that things stayed the same. Remain supporters, upon losing, have to endure years of difficult change, undoing of decades of progress, potential economic decline, and it's all down to a 4% majority that was won based on a campaign that churned out lie after lie and manipulated the public.

You've also, in your self righteous tirade about "lefties", completely neglected to mention the taunting and vitriol coming from your own side after winning. Last night the leave campaign started making accusations that the vote was being rigged. Throughout the campaign their most prominent figures have been going as far as calling EU leadership Nazis.

The far right are far from perfect, and it seems your view of things isn't as clear as you like to think.

ReputationRep:
    I would have been very angry.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I had as a contingency measure to take a week's break from TSR so people do not wind me up
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I expected a remain result, I would have been annoyed that the lies that we could reform Europe were listened to, though. (Junker said on the day of the vote that Cameron had got the "Maximum" reforms possible, and no more reform was possible, an idiotic move Junker!)

I'm still keeping an eye on Turkey getting freedom of movement (even if it's not membership), it looks very likely with these talks, and the money we gave them to join.

ReputationRep:
    If Remain had won, I'd shrug and move on. I was, in fact, totally expecting an unanimous win for Remain last night actually.

ReputationRep:
    Fewer people voted for me than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    I would be disappointed but I wouldn't freak out. I had prepared for a remain win.

ReputationRep:
    I would have kept it civil and carried on as normal.

ReputationRep:
    My convictions were not overwhelmingly swayed to the leave side and honestly I'd probably be less stressed than I am now. However I knew there would be uncertainty and accepted that risk and would make the same choice again. I see the potential problems with remaining as more long-term ones and so probably would have been a little disappointed but mainly just chill and figure "eh, so we've remained, I'll worry about the negative consequences of that if and when they come along"

ReputationRep:
    All these people saying they would have been mature and accepted it...

The fact of the matter is: when the YouGov final intentions poll came out last night, predicting a Remain win, there were many "cucks and traitors have won" posts. I don't approve of those remainers who have been very hostile, and I do apologise for that and wish they accept the reality - but I have no reason to believe it would've been any different had Remain won...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.