Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remain are free to go and live in another EU country Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    This is a bit rich coming from the remain campaign that is calling everyone with a different viewpoint anti-intellectual and wants another referendum so they can get the correct result this time. How very democratic of you. I'm sure Kim Jong-un has a similar understanding of the democratic process.
    Never said I was remain, just pointing out your hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Don't worry - a lot of competent, young, sensible, intelligent people will leave. Which leaves you with what? An ageing, prejudiced and increasingly impoverished population.
    Goodbye then. We'll just replace your entitled ass with more Indian doctors with actual skills. People said the same as you did years ago and the UK was still rejuvenated and has become one of the largest economies in the world. I see project fear chapter 2 is on shelves now.

Funny how you only mention the issues of the countries of the EU and don't mention those that are doing far better then you are - France, Germany, Denmark, the Nederlands and so on. Cognitive bias at its best (or worst?). You don't mention France's healthcare system, which makes the NHS look like a joke and which is the best in the world. You don't mention Germany's lead in all major categories - from the rights of women and minorities to the standard of living and free university education. You don't mention it because it will make the horror of your impending isolation and decline all the more real. It will make your own cognitive dissonance turn against you.
    All of which will go to complete **** when the Euro collapses in the next 5-10 years. Italy will be one of the first in complete despair but who cares right? As long as you and your supreme leaders can fulfil their ideological aims of a European superstate all is well.

In the end, quite ironically, Britain was not devastated by Napoleon's Grand Armee, Kaiser's U-Boats or Hitler's Heinkels and Dorniers. It was devastated by empty, senseless, dangerous jump into the abyss it will never be able to recover from.
    Utter nonsense. Other countries that offer far less are sustainable after initial shocks to their economy. We'll be just fine thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16characterlimit)
    I thought the entire UK has unanimously had enough of economists. The EU should be fine, its more of what could have been that grinds people's gears.
    The EU should be fine? Laughable. Any economist who's done the research, has any clout or respect in the area, knows that Italy will enter a state of chaos in the next several years and France is likely to join them. Thats the result of linking completely unbalanced economies with different cultural influences together.

ReputationRep:
    If you do not wish to live in a sovereign UK then you are free to exercise your democratic right and go and live out your European fantasy in another EU country.

You can apply for a temporary residency permit, then continue applying for extensions until you will eventually be granted indefinite leave to remain, which is most likely going to be one of the terms of negotiation agreed between the UK and EU.

You have a large window of time to save up some money, prepare and then leave the UK to go and live your EU fantasy elsewhere. Nobody is holding you back but yourself so why aren't any of you doing it? Why are you whinging at the outcome of a democratic referendum?

We'd like to get on with things here and reach out to our global partners, initiate free trade agreements, bring highly skilled migrants here who add pure value to our country and also, we'd like to remove the regulations and red tape that cripple small and medium sized businesses.

If you'd prefer joining the mass unemployment heap in Spain, austerity in Greece or far right religious extremism in Poland then you are free to leave the UK. Nobody is stopping you leaving, flying the European flag in your bedroom window and singing the anthem as you prepare yourself for life in your newfound European utopia.

The vast majority of the remain campaign will not do so because they are not as EU minded as they say they are and prefer to make the entire thing about them and how marginalised they are. This is not about the result but how they want to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. This is what they always do.

Oh well, no one cares about your tears. Get over it!
    Lmao, you're the plum who thinks Wales should both secede both from the EU and the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Lmao, you're the plum who thinks Wales should both secede both from the EU and the UK
    Yes. What part of a federal/devolved UK do you not understand?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. What part of a federal/devolved UK do you not understand?
    Your thought process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Your thought process.
    Strong retort. Maybe you should run for Labour leader. You appear to meet the required criteria.

ReputationRep:
    Strong retort. Maybe you should run for Labour leader. You appear to meet the required criteria.
    Not as strong as your isolationist Wales fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    "I don't have any logical, sensible arguments or valid information backed by experts and I can only rely on ultra-nationalism and isolationism - better resort to ad-hominem!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Sure, I'll just need to wait a few years for the pound to recover since it's currently worth less than it's been for 40 years.
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Just moments ago, Brexiters were complaining about people picking on them and now you decide to leave this brilliant comment here. Nice one, lad. :rolleyes:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    No need its about to get higher here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely you "people" would prefer to live in another country considering you feel like the UK is hell? Why don't you pack your bags and live a happy life in Germany? I honestly see nothing stopping you

ReputationRep:
    The EU should be fine? Laughable. Any economist who's done the research, has any clout or respect in the area, knows that Italy will enter a state of chaos in the next several years and France is likely to join them. Thats the result of linking completely unbalanced economies with different cultural influences together.
    Mentions economists but votes Leave lol.

And yes, contrary to your jingoistic view, the EU will pull through economically even Greece, give time, the only problem the EU faces is more Eurosceptiscm, but that's not a "haha we are so much better" reason, considering we just did the same.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit rich coming from the remain campaign that is calling everyone with a different viewpoint anti-intellectual and wants another referendum so they can get the correct result this time. How very democratic of you. I'm sure Kim Jong-un has a similar understanding of the democratic process.
    It has been a clash between the educated and the ignorant though.

Which part of Wales are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Cool. Maybe if you actually got out of your bedroom, nevermind Wales, you'd actually have a clue.

(Original post by Withengar)
    "I don't have any logical, sensible arguments or valid information backed by experts and I can only rely on ultra-nationalism and isolationism - better resort to ad-hominem!"
    Yes, of course, because he made no attack on me first......Nice cherry picking fallacy there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    Surely you "people" would prefer to live in another country considering you feel like the UK is hell? Why don't you pack your bags and live a happy life in Germany? I honestly see nothing stopping you
    Your vote has dropped our currency by 6% to the euro, so it's more expensive than ever to go and live abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Yawn. 1.3 million Brits already do.

I'll give you 3/10 as you tried your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    True that.

Wales have been an absolute joke with this referendum. And I say that as a Welsh woman.

It's so ironic that you go to the likes of Merthyr and are bombarded with Leave posters, how many migrants are even in Merthyr? How may people from Merthyr have ever even directly competed against a migrant for a job. Yet all they spout is the same nonsense about migrants taking jobs.
    It's an absolute joke.

Those who've had the least experience with immigration seem to oppose it to the most. And unfortunately for a lot of Welsh people I feel it comes from sheer racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16characterlimit)
    Mentions economists but votes Leave lol.

And yes, contrary to your jingoistic view, the EU will pull through economically even Greece, give time, the only problem the EU faces is more Eurosceptiscm, but that's not a "haha we are so much better" reason, considering we just did the same.
    http://www.cityam.com/239486/listen-...d-within-years

He predicted the financial crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Or better yet, start afresh and find some island and build it up and let us sort out the mess and let Britain and the EU unite once more.
    If you do not mind me ask why do you have a Swedish flag in your profile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    True that.

Wales have been an absolute joke with this referendum. And I say that as a Welsh woman.

It's so ironic that you go to the likes of Merthyr and are bombarded with Leave posters, how many migrants are even in Merthyr? How may people from Merthyr have ever even directly competed against a migrant for a job. Yet all they spout is the same nonsense about migrants taking jobs.
    It's an absolute joke.

Those who've had the least experience with immigration seem to oppose it to the most. And unfortunately for a lot of Welsh people I feel it comes from sheer racism.
    A large number of people work in factories or in the construction industry which is full of migrants. Stop talking rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cityam.com/239486/listen-...d-within-years

He predicted the financial crisis.
    I'll believe it when I see Germany and France, who are currently doing better than us, in trouble.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.