Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Removing Sun Spots and pigmentation? :( Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Desi123)
    Thank you that looks great I'll give that a try as it's cheaper than most other things I've seen and the reviews are good too.

Does it lighten your whole face or mostly the spots? (Hope that makes sense lol ) Yeah I have acid in my cleanser lol nbd
    it lightens my whole face, when i go out, it's visibly clear that my face has gotten whiter than the areas where i have not used the soap on, but if you dont like that then just dab a little of the soap on the spots and leave it on for like 2 minutes since it's just a small area. my skin is really sensitive to almost anything and will break out , however this has not done that so it's really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    it lightens my whole face, when i go out, it's visibly clear that my face has gotten whiter than the areas where i have not used the soap on, but if you dont like that then just dab a little of the soap on the spots and leave it on for like 2 minutes since it's just a small area. my skin is really sensitive to almost anything and will break out , however this has not done that so it's really good
    Yeah I'll do the spot thing I think, my normal skin tone is OK Glad to hear it's good for sensitive skin cause mine is really sensitive too. Do you use it every day as or with cleanser?

ReputationRep:
    on a bmt get glycolic acid works in a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajaxkiller)
    on a bmt get glycolic acid works in a month
    thanks fam any particular product?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah I'll do the spot thing I think, my normal skin tone is OK Glad to hear it's good for sensitive skin cause mine is really sensitive too. Do you use it every day as or with cleanser?
    on the first week, i used it 6 out of 7 days before bed. when i use it i only cleanse my face with my normal cleanser in the morning and use the soap as the cleanser at night as you need to give your skin a break when using things like this you know
    now though, i use it every other day until it has gotten rid of the acne scarring

ReputationRep:
    on the first week, i used it 6 out of 7 days before bed. when i use it i only cleanse my face with my normal cleanser in the morning and use the soap as the cleanser at night as you need to give your skin a break when using things like this you know
    now though, i use it every other day until it has gotten rid of the acne scarring
    Good point, I'm kind of keen to get rid though haha

GL with dealing with the acne scars My twin uses Bio oil on hers and shes says it helps a lot
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Good point, I'm kind of keen to get rid though haha

GL with dealing with the acne scars My twin uses Bio oil on hers and shes says it helps a lot
    good luck to you too! oh god i can never use bio oil O_O or any oil in fact, they break me out just by thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    good luck to you too! oh god i can never use bio oil O_O or any oil in fact, they break me out just by thinking about it.
    That sucks Thanks for your advice anyway, hopefully that soap should do the trick :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    I wear sun screen all the time and I have Asian skin, but theres an obvious tiny dark sun spot on my cheek today

Anyone removed these before? Are creams like retinol or lasers good?
    I know your struggle, I have pityriasis versicolor which first appeared a few years ago on my chest and even on my face. They first prescribed me this dandruff shampoo which I had to rub on the white spots (who knows why lol).

Then, to fully get rid of this, you had to tan, so in perfect timing I went to Jamaica and got black as f*ck (I'm mixed race so I tan very easily) but it didn't work so I was prescribed a cream when I got back from Jamaica, which if I'm honest I haven't really used. I'm really not too bothered about it because it has definitely faded on my face. It's harmless as well so I cba to put that cream on for nothing

I'm not saying this is what you have, just saying I can relate lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I know your struggle, I have pityriasis versicolor which first appeared a few years ago on my chest and even on my face. They first prescribed me this dandruff shampoo which I had to rub on the white spots (who knows why lol).

Then, to fully get rid of this, you had to tan, so in perfect timing I went to Jamaica and got black as f*ck (I'm mixed race so I tan very easily) but i didn't work so I was prescribed a cream when I got back from Jamaica, which if I'm honest I haven't really used. I'm really not too bothered about it because it has definitely faded on my face. It's harmless as well so I cba to put that cream on for nothing

I'm not saying this is what you have, just saying I can relate lol.
    Thanks Glad to hear it faded for you

Why did you have to use dandruff shampoo? My housemate has some so I might borrow it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Glad to hear it faded for you

Why did you have to use dandruff shampoo? My housemate has some so I might borrow it.
    Because this pigmentation was caused by yeast or something, so they told me to use this dandruff shampoo lol. It was disgusting smelling shampoo. I recommend you go to your doctor, don't put shampoo on without getting advice because you probably won't have the same thing I had.

EDIT: The shampoo was antifungal and contained selenium sulfide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Because this pigmentation was caused by yeast or something, so they told me to use this dandruff shampoo lol. It was disgusting smelling shampoo. I recommend you go to your doctor, don't put shampoo on without getting advice because you probably won't have the same thing I had.

EDIT: The shampoo was antifungal and contained selenium sulfide
    Oh Yeah, it's a sunspot lol so nothing fungal. I'm seeing my GP next week so fingers crossed, thanks for your help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello

I have a few suggestions...

Exfoliating can help lighten your sunspots because the pigment from the spots are carried up from the living cells into the dead cells above. Exfoliating removes these dead cells - pigment and all. Either “physical” exfoliation (scrubs) or chemical exfoliation is used. Chemical exfoliation involves the use of creams like AHAs and BHAs to loosen the glue that holds the dead cells onto your skin. When you loosen the “glue” the cells come off better, giving you even greater results.

Retinoids also exfoliate skin. Additionally, they are powerful collagen-production stimulators, which means they help reduce wrinkles and other signs of skin raging.

Adding a topical vitamin C product can help to turn down pigment production, which lightens sunspots. The effect is mild, but vitamin C products have other anti-aging benefits, such as the ability to stimulate collagen formation.

Use Sun protection. Any UV ray from the sun will darken your sunspots. This means that the sun that comes through windows, that bounces off cement or water, or that passes through clouds will worsen your sunspots. Use minimum SPF 30.

If there is any doubt about the nature of the brown sunspot, do go to the doctor.

Hope this helps

Liz

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.