Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Jeremy Corbyn stand down? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    No.

Despite all my reservations against him he is the best man to put forward a vision for a progressive exit and the type of society we can become outside of the EU.
    A stronger leader could really exploit the divisions in the Tory party with the prospect of another election looming.

ReputationRep:
    The Labour heartlands have voted against their official stance and he was nowhere to be seen, I don't see how he can reasonably carry on.

He looked like he was literally about to cry when he was walking along and ignoring the media yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    No. He kept quiet over this referedum because he isnt really a IN supporter. His got a long history of beinf eurosceptic. He judt looks like he was in becayse his party needed their leaders face on the propoganda material.
    The medida is just focusing on him because they need someone to attack instead of focusing on the real issue. This divert the masses attention to something else, is just a carrot on a stick tactic. When they do this, we should all be looking at what the others news they are trying to take our focus are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    A stronger leader could really exploit the divisions in the Tory party with the prospect of another election looming.
    I'm still under the belief that this Conservative government will serve it's full term, or at least not have an election until after the re-negotiation with the EU. Long term I don't see Jeremy being Prime Minister, but at the moment he is the right man to calm down Labour members and show them a vision for a better life outside the EU. That said the PLP probably won't listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    With a long history of being eurosceptic, it's hard to believe that his heart was in the remain campaign, which could be to blame for the close result and the outrageous Brexit. He does not plan to stand down, but should he? Who would replace him?
    I think he wanted us to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    I think he wanted us to leave.
    I think Boris Johnson wanted us to stay. Neither he nor Gove seem very happy; only Farage does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Let's have Boris, who might be dramatic and funny, but will wreck our countries equality, in place of a life-long principled, honest, and determined leader.
    Well yes basically that's how people's minds work. So we need someone who personality wise can combat Boris and Corbyn isn't that person.

Corbyn is so unmemorable, so undramatic it's painful. What are people going to remember? Corbyn reeling off a boring (albeit relevant) list of solutions to our problems or awkward Boris in a harness waving a union flag? I'm sorry but personality, manner, energy are things that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I think Boris Johnson wanted us to stay. Neither he nor Gove seem very happy; only Farage does.
    Its the choas its causing in short-term, they obviously didn't want us to stay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.