Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stop telling people to "shut up and accept it" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    What consequences? The pound falling faster than any currency in history.

The long-term damage to UK science.

You know, the stuff that was predicted months ago but everyone had "had enough of experts". We haven't even left yet and this stuff is already starting.

Nah, I'm not whiny and entitled for not wanting my future to be dictated by a few lazy, stupid neanderthals that couldn't be bothered to do their research past reading the Daily Mail.

Because the worst case for Brexiters was that nothing changes. The worst case for the rest of us is that we get dragged through years of change, most of it bad, just to satisfy some nationalists.
    You epitomise the whiny arrogant remainers and the irony is too much.

Stop banging on about the pound when it's not even a week after the vote. If the currency stays like this over the next 6 months then let's talk about it then. Quit the knee jerk.

Explain your point about science. You know eu regulation on GM caused a biotechnology brain drain.

What other stuff? Like you've literally said nothing of substance at all. You're just scared of change and think wanting to be part of a political union means you are still superior.

Stop inciting fear and being divisive. it is not productive at all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Shut up and accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Btw your little partition there is bolloX

Just look at how many people from outside the uk have signed it

People who aren't even uk citizens and entitled to vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tool Box)
    Mate just **** off, yeah

Ordinary working class people like myself won the vote, people who are at the brunt end of immigration and how it's ruining the country

Students should not be entitled to vote as they do not understand how the real world works

So just be happy that ordinary people finally got the say after so long
    Hahaha right, you mean like the people in Sunderland, where 3% of the population are immigrants? They're going to lose more ****ing jobs when the Nissan plant closes than they had taken up by immigrants.

Ordinary working class people who thought £350m/week was going to go to their NHS?

Ordinary working class people protected by the expensive employment and consumer rights given by the EU, that the Conservatives are now free to amend and repeal?

I am working ****ing class, and I'm angry that people that know nothing about the EU were led to vote against their own interests by the very "elite" they think they've just saved themselves from.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm not whiny and entitled
    a few lazy, stupid neanderthals that couldn't be bothered to do their research past reading the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    Except it might not even be a majority anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

If people realise they've been lied to (so it wasn't democratic at all) and they start changing their minds, then the majority can change. Surely it's undemocratic to base our future on what a majority wanted yesterday if the majority want the opposite today.
    Well if you start holding referendums every time you get a feeling that public opinion has probably shifted you'll be holding them forever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    In b4 OP and some of the other teenagers on here call you uneducated and a pleb. :facepalm:
    Makes no difference to me love

Call me all the names you like, amuse me

Doesn't change the fact that the real working people of Britain won for a change

Now **** off and a get a proper degree and job instead of this liberal arts bollox

ReputationRep:
    You really do have to accept it. Moaning and groaning about the result will do nothing. You have to make the best of the situation, as you are a remainer you should be campaigning for similar policies to be implemented. This is our chance to change things, and it can be for the better.

On the flip side, moaning until a second referendum will literally tear this country apart (and not just geographically). I don't think the people calling for a second referendum quite understand the implications that will have. I'm talking a lot nastier than the poll tax riots. You'll see a rise in UKIP for sure, perhaps enough to get into government (even as a majority) - is that what you really want? No.

Be optimistic, campaign for what you want Britain to look like outside the EU.

ReputationRep:

Doesn't change the fact that the real working people of Britain won for a change

Now **** off and a get a proper degree and job instead of this liberal arts bollox
    Nah, I was saying that OP was probably gonna call you that. He's been insulting Leavers all day.

Suspecting a dupe though :sly:

ReputationRep:

Like the real working people in Wales, who voted out of the EU? The Tata Steel bidders have backed out over their Brexit vote. Hahahaha.

Who will they blame for having no jobs now????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I was saying that OP was probably gonna call you that. He's been insulting Leavers all day.

Suspecting a dupe though :sly:
    What reasons led you to that vote, pray tell?

I am literally all ears to hear your wisdom.

ReputationRep:
    What consequences? The pound falling faster than any currency in history.

The long-term damage to UK science.

You know, the stuff that was predicted months ago but everyone had "had enough of experts". We haven't even left yet and this stuff is already starting.

Nah, I'm not whiny and entitled for not wanting my future to be dictated by a few lazy, stupid neanderthals that couldn't be bothered to do their research past reading the Daily Mail.

Because the worst case for Brexiters was that nothing changes. The worst case for the rest of us is that we get dragged through years of change, most of it bad, just to satisfy some nationalists.

Let me know if you do lose your job because of brexit - that is, if you ever wake up from fantasy land. Working people won, you lost. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james813)
    Let me know if you do lose your job because of brexit - that is, if you ever wake up from fantasy land. Working people won, you lost. Get over it.
    Tell that to the working people of Port Talbot.

http://news.sky.com/story/1717499/ta...et-over-brexit

I am working class, I'm just not stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    What reasons led you to that vote, pray tell?

Edited my post because his posts read suspiciously like a straw man

What reasons led you to the Remain vote though, pray tell?

Lots of whiny youngsters on here who can't accept different opinions :rolleyes: Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Mate just **** off, yeah

Ordinary working class people like myself won the vote, people who are at the brunt end of immigration and how it's ruining the country

Students should not be entitled to vote as they do not understand how the real world works

And when they finally did, oh did they **** up the country so well.
    Do you seriously think immigration problem is solved now? Do you seriously think now you'll find more jobs? I promise you, with all what I know, jobs will be much harder to find in the future and you'll be paid less.
    Yea you did have your vote, and you will suffer the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Mate just **** off, yeah

This is what upsets and angers me most about the result.

It is completely your democratic right to vote and have your say in the matter, however if this was just the working class British peoples way to "have a say" (not discriminating, I'm from a working class background myself) then that is the completely wrong way to go about exercising your democratic rights.

The result affects not only Britain now but generations to come, and if this was all to "have a say" and make your voices heard, despite expert advice, then I really begin to question democracy.

Yes I am bitter and angry, but mostly because I know this was many peoples way of rebelling against the establishment and those "evil" politicians, and "sharia law" (however that fits into it...), I'm not saying these were your reasonings and please don't take any offence, but I know this is true for many and it just deeply saddens me.

ReputationRep:
    Edited my post because his posts read suspiciously like a straw man

What reasons led you to the Remain vote though, pray tell?

Lots of whiny youngsters on here who can't accept different opinions :rolleyes: Grow up.
    Answering with a question...

Just as expected. Probably the product of DM.

ReputationRep:
    Edited my post because his posts read suspiciously like a straw manWhat reasons led you to the Remain vote though, pray tell?
    1. EU immigrants make a net contribution to the UK economy of 34% (UK natives are net receivers). They make jobs.

2. EU invests millions in the poorest parts of the country, like where I live. People in Wales that voted out are already crying for the government to guarantee them the few hundred million they'd have received over the next 4 years from the EU.

3. EU creates and protects most of our rights, especially the ones that benefit the poorest, that our government would repeal if able.

Why did you vote to leave?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha right, you mean like the people in Sunderland, where 3% of the population are immigrants? They're going to lose more ****ing jobs when the Nissan plant closes than they had taken up by immigrants.

Ordinary working class people who thought £350m/week was going to go to their NHS?

Ordinary working class people protected by the expensive employment and consumer rights given by the EU, that the Conservatives are now free to amend and repeal?

I am working ****ing class, and I'm angry that people that know nothing about the EU were led to vote against their own interests by the very "elite" they think they've just saved themselves from.
    You do realise the people voting out wasn't only because of what was spouted in the media do you

ReputationRep:
    This referendum was in no way democratic. If this had been a general election, the masterminds behind Vote Leave would be in prison for the blatant corruption in this campaign. People made their votes based on things that just weren't true - "we'll be £350m/week better off", "Turkey is joining and sending all their immigrants", and so on. Millions of pounds were spend on advertising LIES to scare people into voting.
    If reneging on the promises in your political manifesto was a crime, every government leader in British history would be a criminal. But it isn't. This was a democratic referendum and the result is clear and final.

Boris Johnson and Michael Gove won people over with this rhetoric, turning the EU into this monster representing the elites. Lots of people voted "against the establishment", and are now realising they've been played by the elites the whole time.
    Anyone who thought that Boris Johnson, Bullingdon Club associate of David Cameron and George Osbourne, former Mayor of London and long ago tipped as the favourite for next leader of the Conservatives, was anti-establishment, must have been living under a large rock at the back of an underwater sea cave in the deepest gully of the Mariana trench.

And also, anyone who thought that the man who was sacked from the Times for dishonest journalism in his position as EU correspondant, and was also sacked as vice-chairman of the Conservative party for dishonesty, the same man who 3 years ago said he would 'hesitate to vote for Britain to Leave the EU' due to the economic consequences and for the last 2 months has been promulgating the opposite position with a bunch of transparently misleading arguments that were picked apart by every interviewer and commentator going: anyone who thought that this man was not an inveterate compulsive liar needs to have a serious think about their ability to judge character. He couldn't be a less trustworthy person if he was the lovechild of Bill Clinton and Pinocchio.

Something being "democratic" doesn't mean that it's fair or right. Stop telling people how to feel and behave.
    If only everyone could reach your exalted level of abstention from telling people how to feel and to behave.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.