The Student Room Group

England vs Iceland - 27/6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hopefully you still have Wales. :rofl:
Reply 21
Set pieces are terrible. I can't believe that England is that bad.
England are out of europe...for the second time in a week. Another great result for the brexiteers.
Well this is pretty hilarious.
About as competent as the Labour party at the moment.
Original post by sr90
Surely we can't mess up against Iceland. Surely?

:biggrin:

I am seething ffs.
Wales for the Euros! Always had a soft spot for the Welsh...
HAHA :woo:

ÍSLAND ÍSLAND ÍSLAND
England are actually shockingly bad!
How can players plucked from the top premier league clubs POSSIBLY lose to Iceland, I mean seriously their coach is a part-time dentist!

We had an easy group and barely scraped through that, got (in theory) a super easy last 16 draw, and LOST?! We're actually the worst team in Europe fml
This country is ****ing terrible.
Lol they score from a throw-in set piece.......hmm guys they keep trying that what do we do adapt? A-what? Rooney you mark those...5 players...and everyone else stand around looking busy...this cannot go wrong.
Hahahaha unbelievable.

Absolutely pathetic. Everyone knew Hodgson wasn't the man 4 years ago yet here we are tonight. He's done the absolute bare minimum ever since he was appointed and finally the chickens have come home to roost.

Depressing thing is we'll probably give it to Pardew/someone similar, then wonder why we're in the same position again in 4 years time.
And just seen Gareth Southgate is the bookies favourite, oh my days the FA deserve everything they get if they appoint him.
"Only England can be knocked out of Europe twice."

"England squad costs £175m. If we exit, let's spend it on the NHS" :laugh:

:rofl:
Reply 35
Completely unsurprising defeat. What was surprising was just how bad they were. They turned into amateurs in the second half - couldn't even pass or receive balls.
England as usual. Whenever it matters, this team is not able to break mediocrity through. And whenever England is playing at a tournament, it ends with a dissapointment up. Before the tournament, the team was a secret favorite for the victory, and now it is out.

Moral of the story: England will never play a great tournament.
Original post by sr90
We haven't won a knockout game at a European Championship in 20 years.

Let's put that right.

Lol. England's gonna England. Wish I'd put a fiver on Iceland now.
I think it was Lee Dixon after the game who hit the nail on the head, the national team doesn't have an identity. Spain have tiki-taka, and Conte is taking Italy in the right direction by trying to make them feel more of a club team than international. Our build up play was far too slow and consistently using the same players rather than give Barkley a chance was atrocious management. Rashford was our only decent player, and when we have Bertrand and Clyne on the bench, and Walker and Rose can't find a cross it's criminal to not put at least one on.

F*cking genius starting a pace merchant like Sterling against a team who'll sit back like Iceland. Lack of a viable plan b, or at least employing it too late, was always going to be a bad sign.
Original post by Plagioclase
Well this is pretty hilarious.

Pretty hilarious?! no, that is the best joke in the history of English football. That is not pretty, that is very hilarious!! when it comes to make a fool of oneself, England does something totally unexpected. That is so funny! :rofl:

By the way anyone who is supporting the last British team, Wales? or another non-British country?

Quick Reply