Lib Dems Will Ignore Referendum Result If Elected! Watch

ReputationRep:
    If anyone votes the lib dems or labour back in, our country is screwed
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7103186.html

Lib Dems plan to ignore the Referedum result if elected to Government and get Britain back into the EU.

For all the Remain supporters who went cry baby mode you can vote Lib Dem.

They aren't interested in democracy. They've got a good record of being anti-democratic.
    Honestly doubt that the Lib Dems will ever get in again... And by the time we hold our next general election, we'll be out of the EU anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    It's actually more democratic to keep us in the EU as the EU is more democratic than the UK
    Quick question. Do you actually understand what the Eu is?
    28 unelected individuals get to tell us exactly what to do. The EU is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship and we need to leave as soon as possible and it appears we aren't the only ones who agree as now France, Italy, Holland, Austria and Denmark all want to follow us out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09craige)
    If anyone votes the lib dems or labour back in, our country is screwed
    Same goes for the Conservatives as well. They are mainly Pro-EU. Next election it is UKIP and no one else.

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for the Conservatives as well. They are mainly Pro-EU. Next election it is UKIP and no one else.
    Yeah but at least conservatives are working on the budget. I don't think ukip will win a majority though.
    If only we could bring back Margaret thatcher

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but at least conservatives are working on the budget. I don't think ukip will win a majority though.
    If only we could bring back Margaret thatcher
    Don't think you understand. We must get UKIP in else this country is over.

We don't have a choice anymore.

ReputationRep:

I understand that we need them, but I just doubt that they will win a majority as too many think that farage is racist
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    .........How is this anti-democratic? If people vote them into power, they keep us in the EU. If people want to leave, they won't get voted into power. That sounds democratic to me????
    Except they won't be voted into power and I somehow doubt it will be with about 60% of the popular vote (we need to factor in the lower turnout)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a lib dem supporter

Seriously? UKIP is a poisonous, xenophobic party; I hope to god their support diminishes now that we're out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by drowzee)

Seriously? UKIP is a poisonous, xenophobic party; I hope to god their support diminishes now that we're out.
    Is this xenophobic because you say they are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand that we need them, but I just doubt that they will win a majority as too many think that farage is racist
    Ye and so what? Half the people in this country think the Tories are murderers of the disabled yet they still got 34% of the vote.

I'm sorry but just because Farage isn't PC enough for you isn't a good enough reason to ignore the need for UKIP. If we had the AV system UKIP would have got many MPs in last election.

ReputationRep:
    Ye and so what? Half the people in this country think the Tories are murderers of the disabled yet they still got 34% of the vote.

I'm sorry but just because Farage isn't PC enough for you isn't a good enough reason to ignore the need for UKIP. If we had the AV system UKIP would have got many MPs in last election.
    I didn't say that I thought he was racist... Just too many other people do.

ReputationRep:

Oh my goodness UKIP is poisonous, xenophobic and racist! Well tell you what I'll take the poisonous, xenophobic racist MP's any day rather than anti-democratic self serving MP's who won't listen to the official EU referendum result.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe some of the names of the people you want to be elected omg

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness UKIP is poisonous, xenophobic and racist! Well tell you what I'll take the poisonous, xenophobic racist MP's any day rather than anti-democratic self serving MP's who won't listen to the official EU referendum result.
    The difference was marginal and under 49s voted to remain I doubt the Lib Dems will even get elected as a majority government, so pipe down. You seem paranoid; MPs are self serving, but they also have to deliver what the public want (or at least some) to prevent any backlash.

ReputationRep:
    Look at my avi.... hehe

ReputationRep:
    The difference was marginal and under 49s voted to remain I doubt the Lib Dems will even get elected as a majority government, so pipe down. You seem paranoid; MPs are self serving, but they also have to deliver what the public want (or at least some) to prevent any backlash.
    I am not a naive fool so I will carry on as I am thank you very much. Your problem is your generation where to lazy to go out and vote.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to Tim Farron, it may a good way to some more seats but they'll never win enough to make it happen.

After all the South East used to be one of their strongest areas and they favoured leaving.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.