Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Can't find one but I know someone who is Italian and he is mad af that we're leaving.
    You're playing innocent and being sly. You tried to say only thirty percent of Italy voted to leave, latest poll is 48%. Then you backtrack to an anecdote about one person.

It's happening across Europe too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    You're playing innocent and being sly. You tried to say only thirty percent of Italy voted to leave, latest poll is 48%. Then you backtrack to an anecdote about one person.

It's happening across Europe too.
    I thought you meant about Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    The "media" suggested that Britain was not anti-EU but I suspect that instinctively most people knew something was not right with the EU, not right with the country, with the status quo, with immigration, with wastage of tax payers money, with Britain's laws being overruled by EU laws, with criminals being let off in the corrupt justice system despite the best efforts of your hard working police force to catch them and take them off the streets. The finance systems, stock markets, AIM markets have all become corrupt imo yet go largely unchallenged by the FCA. Britain had little choice but to take back control I think. So too will France, Sweden, Denmark, and others imo.

ReputationRep:
    they simply believe in strong immigration controls and a more unified nation?
    So why is it that whenever organisations like Britain First march, there is an equal and opposite march against them? Unified? My arse. Right now, we have never been more divided as a nation in recent times. Immigration is a sham. The leave voters have been sold a crock. Have you noticed how all the Leave campaigners have suddenly started distancing themselves form immigration now they are faced with the reality of actually implementing it. If anything immigration is going to go up, because the border will move to Dover meaning that all the illegals stuck in Calais will now be our problem whilst the French just wave them though. To say nothing of the requirement our country has for immigration.

I will grant that our own democratically elected governments have failed to address the issue of pour resourcing of areas hit by increased immigration, but there is no evidence anywhere to state that it has been bad for the country, other than in people's xenophobic minds.

If ever there was a plan that has not been thought through, it was the leave campaigns policy (or non-policy) on immigration. I will put my money where my mouth is and state that in 5 years time, unless the economy has folded, immigration will be as high as ever.

ReputationRep:
    It is suggested that immigration will make Brits a minority in their own country by 2025. We haven't solved or helped that situation being in the EU. Greece is in a poor state, Italy was recently on the brink and Spain too has had its economy battered. The immigration in Sweden has completely ruined that country which is now the "Rape Capital" of the world. It's not surprising that so many voted to Leave the EU imo.

ReputationRep:
    That's what they said in 1939.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    So why is it that whenever organisations like Britain First march, there is an equal and opposite march against them? Unified? My arse. Right now, we have never been more divided as a nation in recent times. Immigration is a sham. The leave voters have been sold a crock. Have you noticed how all the Leave campaigners have suddenly started distancing themselves form immigration now they are faced with the reality of actually implementing it. If anything immigration is going to go up, because the border will move to Dover meaning that all the illegals stuck in Calais will now be our problem whilst the French just wave them though. To say nothing of the requirement our country has for immigration.

I will grant that our own democratically elected governments have failed to address the issue of pour resourcing of areas hit by increased immigration, but there is no evidence anywhere to state that it has been bad for the country, other than in people's xenophobic minds.

If ever there was a plan that has not been thought through, it was the leave campaigns policy (or non-policy) on immigration. I will put my money where my mouth is and state that in 5 years time, unless the economy has folded, immigration will be as high as ever.
    That's because of our arrogant, smug and oblivious political class who have brought us to this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    The point is, none of these countries are happy being in the EU, but standing up to the bullies is not easy. Now that the UK have spoken, so too will all these other countries. Change needed to happen, changed had to happen and change is now going to happen.
    There's a ton of propaganda currently being put out, it's desperate, it's a poor show but those currently enjoying their lucrative EU positions with massive salaries are going to fight to the end. Hold firm, hold to your values and see it through. The UK and Europe as a whole will be great once again once the EU is abandoned.

i hope the EU goes through reform or something to make things better maybe then britian might join again but if not i still hope for a stronger europe on a whole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)

You are crazy if you think the immigration policies that Leave were putting forward are Lets turn everyone back if they are not white or British, we are looking to make sure that our country takes in skilled and talented workers and not economic migrants that will collect benefits. Take a look at Germany and sweeden that is what we do not want. Please stop throwing around Xenophobic and racist when They are not, sure some crazy people are racist and xenophobic 99% of them are not.

If you still think they are Australia immigration policy must be so racist.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know what they believe 'in private'? It is, by it's very nature, private.
    So it couldn't be they are a more honest, albeit offensive to some people, party than establishment ones and they simply believe in strong immigration controls and a more unified nation?

You have any evidence of these claims?
    There is plenty of evidence. Her daughter partying with far right wing persons, her father, the whole history of the Front National (basically the party for the old Nazis in France) ... just because Marine le Pen said, they would be no more antisemitic (and that means of course, still other minorities are basically not officially taken out of danger), is not very reassuring, seeing the supporters, other party members and the daughters, when they are not on official duties or just because it is hard to belief, that the party voters change so fast their political believes. (The party lead is kind of a family business, that is, why I mention her daughter, who is already in her mothers foot steps.)

Hence, as soon as you begin to look up the Front National and in case you aren't a Nazi/racist/other weired person, you will pretty soon stop thinking it is great, that Le Pen sees Britain as an idol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Can't find one but I know someone who is Italian and he is mad af that we're leaving.
    Well, I'm Italian and I'm furious about the UK leaving! I applied to study in Cardiff, convinced that GB has always been steps forward in many things. But now you've took a thousand steps back! I can't believe all the racist comments I'm reading on the internet. I won't let a bunch of ignorant people spoil my dream, but this situation really scares me. I don't want to "steal your job": as a matter of fact, I'm paying an enormous amount of money to be able to study in the UK, so this is just GOOD for your country. I'm so disappointed I wanna cry. I've always though Britain was a welcoming country, but I was obviously wrong. And now after brexit, every racist and xenophobic feels entitled to go around as if insulting and beating up immigrants was the most natural thing in the world. Can't you see how awfully inhuman this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    i hope the EU goes through reform or something to make things better maybe then britian might join again but if not i still hope for a stronger europe on a whole
    But we've been in the UK for 43 years and the EU have NEVER reformed in all that time. Every attempt to reform it has failed. It is a law unto itself. It seeks to dominate and utterly control Europe through the 100s of 1000s of regulations it imposes, through a police state. It is allegedly rife with corruption and bribery and can not account for 95% of the money that other countries pump into it.

Leaving is the only way to establish change and reverse the damage already done. Other countries will now surely follow:

France (FRexit), Netherlands (Nexit), Sweden (SWexit) and Denmark (Dexit) for starters.

Bullies never prosper and sooner or later one or more people stand up to them and when that happens others gain courage and stand up to be counted too.

The Euro will surely collapse. It is now a toxic currency. What country will want to be left propping it up when other countries successfully detach themselves from the EU?

ReputationRep:
    But we've been in the UK for 43 years and the EU have NEVER reformed in al that time. Every attempt to reform it has failed. It is a law unto itself. It seeks to dominate and utterly control Europe through the 100s of 1000s of regulations it imposes, through a police state. It is allegedly rife with corruption and bribery and can not account for 95% of the money that other countries pump into it.

Leaving is the only way to establish change and reverse the damage already done. Other countries will now surely follow:

France (FRexit), Netherlands (Nexit), Sweden (SWexit) and Denmark (Dexit) for starters.

Bullies never prosper and sooner or later one or more people stand up to them and when that happens others gain courage and stand up to be counted too.

The Euro will surely collapse. It is now a toxic currency. What country will want to be left propping it up when other countries successfully detach themselves from the EU?
    what i was trying to say is the countries should eliminate the bullying and make it better and reform may not have worked before but maybe the EU needs a different kind of reform that will really change it for the better and with all these countries leaving the 'bullies' will realize they have to change stuff drastically or it will all end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbrizio1)
    I can't believe all the racist comments I'm reading on the internet. I won't let a bunch of ignorant people spoil my dream, but this situation really scares me.. . . And now after brexit, every racist and xenophobic feels entitled to go around as if insulting and beating up immigrants was the most natural thing in the world. Can't you see how awfully inhuman this is?
    I don't believe all the propaganda being put out. Leave voters are not in any way racist. They are imo defending their country from what they see as a real threat to their way of life.

Aside from that, why aren't you ranting about the violence by immigrants that has been seen in France, Germany and Sweden?

1000s descending on Cologne, assaulting, raping women. Sweden is now the Rape Capital of the world. We used to think of Sweden as a great country, where ABBA came from, which had fabulous design and products. Now look at it. Totally, utterly overrun and destroyed. How can you be surprised if people in the UK stand up and say, enough is enough, we are taking back control, everything is currently wrong.

We shouldn't be fighting each other. We need to come together, Leave and Remain voters alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbrizio1)
    Well, I'm Italian and I'm furious about the UK leaving! I applied to study in Cardiff, convinced that GB has always been steps forward in many things. But now you've took a thousand steps back! I can't believe all the racist comments I'm reading on the internet. I won't let a bunch of ignorant people spoil my dream, but this situation really scares me. I don't want to "steal your job": as a matter of fact, I'm paying an enormous amount of money to be able to study in the UK, so this is just GOOD for your country. I'm so disappointed I wanna cry. I've always though Britain was a welcoming country, but I was obviously wrong. And now after brexit, every racist and xenophobic feels entitled to go around as if insulting and beating up immigrants was the most natural thing in the world. Can't you see how awfully inhuman this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have an italian LDR boyfriend who coming to UK for university in September/October at same position to you, we don't want to close in we just want Germany to stop bossing us about, far-right isn't on a rise.

There are solutions in UK, thats one thing I'm proud about Britain, always opportunities everywhere. I'll send it on PM, I hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Take a look at Germany and sweeden that is what we do not want. Please stop throwing around Xenophobic and racist when They are not, sure some crazy people are racist and xenophobic 99% of them are not.

If you still think they are Australia immigration policy must be so racist.
    Yep - that is the problem. You have been promised the earth and you will be lucky to get a cold pizza. The problem of immigration is exceedingly difficult to deal with. It is easy to talk the talk, but very difficult to deliver as the figure continue to point out. Can you remember Tony Blair being lambasted for not controlling immigration and that was over 15 years ago? Nothing has improved since. An Australian style points system won't solve anything. In fact, we currently have such a system of non-EU migrants. It allowed 130,000 to legitimately arrive last year. 30,000 more than the target for the whole of immigration.

What is certain is that when the border moves from Calais to Dover, we will end up with more asylum seekers because France will wave them though their passport control and it will now be our problem to deal with.

And when we suck up to the EU and beg them to allow use to join the single market, we are back to where we started with EU citizens being allowed to come to the country at will. But we will have no say or influence in the EU any more.

Talk about shooting oneself in the foot!

ReputationRep:
    Please stop fretting people. Britain is far from being alone in Europe, it just happens to be first country to stand up to the ever more controlling and dictatorial agenda of the EU. We are not leaving Europe, just the EU.

Other countries will surely now follow and then you will see.

France's National Front leader Marine Le Pen said the French must now also have the right to choose. Ms Le Pen hailed the UK vote, placing a union jack flag on her Twitter page and tweeting: "Victory for freedom. As I've been saying for years, we must now have the same referendum in France and other EU countries."

Bring on FrExit !

Dutch anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders said the Netherlands deserved a "Nexit" vote ! Mr Wilders, said in a statement: "We want to be in charge of our own country, our own money, our own borders, and our own immigration policy.

Italy's Northern League also want a referendum

The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats wrote on Twitter that "now we wait for SWexit!"

and Kristian Thulesen Dahl, leader of the populist Danish People's Party, said a referendum would be "a good democratic custom".

People need to stop the knee-jerk panicing and fretting. BRexit is just step 1 in a much larger re-arrangement of Europe which will rebalance everything and restore proper order and sense.

Bring on FRexit, Nexit, SWexit, ITexit, Dexit and all the others.
    I come from Italy and I can assure you that Italy is not going to leave. Oh please, Salvini is one of the most racist and stupidiest man to ever walk the earth. No one is going to pay attention on what he's saying.

ReputationRep:
    Leave voters are not in any way racist. They are defending their country from a tyranny that has systematically been destroying it.
    Some are. Some aren't. But the problem with the vote on being in / out of the EU is it is primarily an issue of trade. However, people having been using the vote for all manner of purposes - immigration, to kick the establishment, because they are disenfranchised. But the EU is only about trade.

It is like trying to someone's cure toothache by smashing their face in and knee capping them for good measure, only to realise that it was us who had toothache and we have smashed ourselves in when all that was required was a simple filling.

Do you not find it bizarre that Boris has gone very quiet all of a sudden and it is all about Corbyn and his woes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nastasja)
    I come from Italy and I can assure you that Italy is not going to leave. Oh please, Salvini is one of the most racist and stupidiest man to ever walk the earth. No one is going to pay attention on what he's saying.
    Lovely profile picture. Soen FTW!

ReputationRep:
    I've read it, thanks . I'm not generalising, I know it would be wrong and in doing so I'd become kind of racist myself. I'm just saying that this referendum has given racist and xenophobic people more freedom. They feel entitled to do what they're doing because they feel that's in line with the current political situation, and it's scary cause apparently nobody does anything to stop them for good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.