Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

450 MPs from remain are set to reject the result of the EU referendum! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    I voted remain. It would literally end with blood on the streets if the will of the people were ignored.
    Just proves how petty leave voters are. If they are willing to not respect the will of elected representatives, why should we let them hold us to ransom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Cue- Civil unrest and targetting of minorities... "slow clap"
    Minorities are already targeted and it's the main reason many people voted leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    Just proves how petty leave voters are. If they are willing to not respect the will of elected representatives, why should we let them hold us to ransom?
    because leave won

ReputationRep:
    You clearly don't understand how democracy works. A referendum is advisory and gives the population no democratic right to anything
    I do understand how democracy works. If the MPs block this there will be riots because they are elected to represent the people and the people have spoken.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    They would be foolish to even contemplate this because it expresses the will of the people.
    They would all be voted out next time, if they got past the riots.

If there was a general election and one of the parties ran on a ticket to have another referendum and probided the talks hadnt been concluded then possibly, but that would be unchartered territory.

They should put all the brexiters including Farage, Boris, Gove and Hanaan in charge of the government and they can lead the country to a new level of prosperity as well as living up to all the promises they made. If it truns out well they should get peerages and if not they should be villified. I cnat really see how any of the current cabinet who voted for remain can be a part of the government any more. It should just be Brexiters.

ReputationRep:
    The referendum is not legally binding of course but it was definitely framed to the public as "this vote decides if we stay or leave". If we do not leave after that...well, the unrest you see now..double it and then some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    The referendum is not legally binding of course but it was definitely framed to the public as "this vote decides if we stay or leave". If we do not leave after that...well, the unrest you see now..double it and then some
    Madchester or whatever he's called needs a massive reality check, nobody is going to do business here if we stay in the EU only to have right-wing militias spring up everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Because the elected representatives are meant to impose the will of the people, normally they have to make a judgement as to what that is, but in this case they know what the will of the people is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Madchester or whatever he's called needs a massive reality check, nobody is going to do business here if we stay in the EU only to have right-wing militias spring up everywhere.
    By blocking it, right wing fascism will die and cease to exist

ReputationRep:
    The far right wing would cause havoc if this actually did happen

ReputationRep:
    By blocking it, right wing fascism will die and cease to exist
    Every move the progressive left has made in the past 10 years has fueled the far-right.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Minorities are already targeted and it's the main reason many people voted leave
    right and in the last couple of days there have been so many riots, murders, killings and assaults against minorities ?

Im not a white voter and i believe by ignoring this result I will be less safe in this country due to the backlash

ReputationRep:
    It's on Twitter pages of each MP
    I can't find it on their description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    right and in the last couple of days there have been so many riots, murders, killings and assaults against minorities ?

Im not a white voter and i believe by ignoring this result I will be less safe in this country due to the backlash
    Lol. So you think that Leave voters will racially attack people if they don't get their way.......

Why exactly did you vote with racists again?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt this will actually happen but am praying something stops us leaving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    The far right wing would cause havoc if this actually did happen
    We have already called in the banners. I am meeting a lot of old friends soon to discuss how we are going to deal with ANTIFA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    We have already called in the banners. I am meeting a lot of old friends soon to discuss how we are going to deal with ANTIFA.
    Do you consider yourself far right politically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Do you consider yourself far right politically?
    It has nothing to do politics. I have a dialogue with the far-right just as I have a dialogue with the euro-sceptic left-wing.

If parliament doesn't in-act article 50 we will bring the country to a stand still. We don't need to march on London. There are plenty of other things we can do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Lol. So you think that Leave voters will racially attack people if they don't get their way.......

Why exactly did you vote with racists again?
    its not about not getting their way. Its about the blocking the will of 17 million people and their views.

And calling all 17 million of them racist is the reason people like you is causing this country to go to the dogs. As long as the opinion is the status quo it is fine, but if it is not then you're automatically racists.

God help this country
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The lows you Globalists will sink to is genuinely pathetic.

All of you people cheering having a "Democratic" majority are the exact same people that moan about FPTP. You have no integrity or honour.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.