Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remain campainers should support Brexit - it will kill UKIP and the strong right wing Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Currently, yes. However, i'm in the process of moving away as my own small business is taking off and I want to commit to making that work and creating jobs for people.
    Not trying to lecture. Just trying to figure you out. So what is the difference between you, a small entrepreneur, employing people and making money, and corporate scumbags, who employ people and make money for their investors, who happen to be people like you and I through our pension funds?

This is the thing I don't understand. There is a hatred of banks and big business. Yet we bank with those banks, and are employed by those businesses and we shop at the supermarkets owned by them. Hatred for them is surely cutting off the hand that feeds us - in every walk of our lives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Not trying to lecture. Just trying to figure you out. So what is the difference between you, a small entrepreneur, employing people and making money, and corporate scumbags, who employ people and make money for their investors, who happen to be people like you and I through our pension funds?
    They lobby in groups to monopolise the markets and cripple small and medium sized businesses. I dislike them because they seek to make the markets less fair and in the process of doing so also get massive tax subsidies/reliefs. On top of that, many of them are paying very little tax in comparison to what they should be paying. If these companies paid their fair share we'd have far more money to invest in the very things that has caused this revolt in the first place.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.