Predict your future watch

ReputationRep:
    An accurate prediction ....

ReputationRep:
    spend my life on TSR :giggle:
    1000 followers and 12 gems in next 2 years :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazen)
    Nice aspirations, what subject you hoping to get a PhD in?
    I've already got a PhD offer in synthetic organic chemistry with biological applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I've already got a PhD offer in synthetic organic chemistry with biological applications
    That's so impressive! What do you work as?

ReputationRep:
    become a full time drummer playing for jazz bands across the country

ReputationRep:
    jewellery dealer to the stars and luxury asset tycoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazen)
    That's so impressive! What do you work as?
    Nothing, I just finished my Master's degree.

ReputationRep:
    Which uni gave you the phD offer ?
    Not surprised,your module scores are so high !
    I thought you would be more of a inorganic/physical chemist,shocked your interested in biological applications of chemistry .

ReputationRep:
    I'm very close to 12 so that's the most obvious thing. But my other aspirations include getting a PhD and being an adored university lecturer :smug:
    But can you be as good as this guy ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQ9a_xIqRg

Is lecturer be your primary role or would you love to do some research as well ?
    Do you plan to work in this country or somewhere else ?
    Do you have a dream uni in mind ?
    Sorry if I ask too many questions,I see my dream career path reflected in you .

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I bet you will get what you want and you will reach where you want to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Which uni gave you the phD offer ?
    UCL, I didn't want to move.

Not surprised,your module scores are so high !
    I thought you would be more of a inorganic/physical chemist,shocked your interested in biological applications of chemistry .
    It's essentially an organic chemistry PhD where I'm going to be synthesising antibody-drug conjugates. Once they're made they'll be sent off to some bio lab where they'll be tested on cancer cells so I won't really do much of the biological stuff myself.

(Original post by Kadak)
    But can you be as good as this guy ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQ9a_xIqRg

Is lecturer be your primary role or would you love to do some research as well ?
    Do you plan to work in this country or somewhere else ?
    Do you have a dream uni in mind ?
    Sorry if I ask too many questions,I see my dream career path reflected in you .
    No worries haha, I would have loved to have someone I could ask these questions too at the time :yep:

My preferred role would be that of a researcher. If I had to pick then I'd definitely rather be in the lab all day than giving classes. But most researchers at unis have to lecture as part of their contracts so chances are l'll have to do a bit of both.

Well for now I guess I plan to stay in London, purely because it's much easier and more practical given that it's the city I've grown up in and gone to Uni in. But I certainly would consider job opportunities abroad if and when they arose :yep:

Oh, so are you planning to do a chemistry degree?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have many ambitions.. One of them would be to have a high profile career where I can earn 25K or more so I can finance a wedding I'm not sure I really want. Lol 😂😂😂 All smiles from me hey.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    All I want is to creatively express myself.
    And be admired for it.
    And be rich because of it.

ReputationRep:
    UCL, I didn't want to move.

Out of interest,why did you pick UCL over Imperial ?

It's essentially an organic chemistry PhD where I'm going to be synthesising antibody-drug conjugates. Once they're made they'll be sent off to some bio lab where they'll be tested on cancer cells so I won't really do much of the biological stuff myself.

Cool,nice to see your contributing to the fightback against antibiotic resistance.

No worries haha, I would have loved to have someone I could ask these questions too at the time :yep:

My preferred role would be that of a researcher. If I had to pick then I'd definitely rather be in the lab all day than giving classes. But most researchers at unis have to lecture as part of their contracts so chances are l'll have to do a bit of both.

Well for now I guess I plan to stay in London, purely because it's much easier and more practical given that it's the city I've grown up in and gone to Uni in. But I certainly would consider job opportunities abroad if and when they arose :yep:

Oh, so are you planning to do a chemistry degree?
    Nah,Im not good enough for a pure chemistry degree,Im thinking more biomedical or biochemistry.
    What field of organic chemistry are you thinking of working in after phD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Nah,Im not good enough for a pure chemistry degree,Im thinking more biomedical or biochemistry.
    What field of organic chemistry are you thinking of working in after phD?
    That's great, any Unis in mind?

Presumably the same or a similar field as the one I'm doing my PhD in, but I think it's still too early to say for sure!

ReputationRep:

Presumably the same or a similar field as the one I'm doing my PhD in, but I think it's still too early to say for sure!
    Off-topic: congrats on getting on a PhD programme!

ReputationRep:

Not sure yet really,probably University of London,Manchester and Imperial in mind atm.
    Although I do worry how Brexit will affect everything,if we go through with it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.