Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stop Boris Johnson becoming PM. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    He could.

He would still not be an MP until 2020 assuming the conservative party last the full parliament.

Not to mention he has to actually get elected, which he has thus far failed to do, and I seriously doubt it is because of lack of publicity/campaigning due to being part of a smaller party.

It would also mean abandoning his own party and the conservative party would need to be stupid enough to accept him in the first place.

While it isn't impossible, I'd rate the odds of it happening to be incredibly unlikely.
    I wouldn't bank on it that's for sure.

Farage may be loved by some but he's despised by a lot more and he'd likely drive marginal voters away. It's why the official leave campaign kept him at arm's length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I wouldn't bank on it that's for sure.

Farage may be loved by some but he's despised by a lot more and he'd likely drive marginal voters away. It's why the official leave campaign kept him at arm's length.
    I'm unsure what you're disagreeing with here? I clearly stated it's highly unlikely he'd ever want to join the conservative party, get accepted by the conservative party or get elected as an MP within the conservative party.

I'm aware that he is widely despised and reviled, this is not a secret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Its amazing how screwed our economy has become in a matter of days.
    how is it screwed lol

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends want him to become PM...and also considering wanting Micheal Gove to be in the running ..

I was like.. don't you realise what corruption that will cause? I'd rather have Cameron over any of them melons any day 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    UK's Donald Trump
    id take trump over hillary any day, but let me guess you think he's a racist who has no idea what he's doing

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure what you're disagreeing with here? I clearly stated it's highly unlikely he'd ever want to join the conservative party, get accepted by the conservative party or get elected as an MP within the conservative party.

I'm aware that he is widely despised and reviled, this is not a secret.
    Neither am I :confused:

I was agreeing with you as I'm one of the many people who thinks he's a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Neither am I :confused:

I was agreeing with you as I'm one of the many people who thinks he's a ****.
    Right, sorry, I read "I wouldn't bank on it" as a disagreement, rather than an agreement. My mistake!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite astonished by people banging on and on about Corbyn and his battle with Labour MP's and Boris Johnson, this soap opera over leaders seems more interesting to them than a massive long term constitutional shake up and a new political paradigm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextaylor6)
    id take trump over hillary any day, but let me guess you think he's a racist who has no idea what he's doing
    Such people in the UK and US vote for warmongers in the pockets of Wall Street or the city and assume because of a few social liberal policies they are voting for cuddly teddy bear against an evil bigot. What's worse is their unending sense of moral superiority and their complete superficiality and ignorance. It is this stich up and claim to the moral high ground that has made social and economic liberalism so powerful and such an immovable force. People are finally beginning to see through it and see their lives are shite because of it though.

ReputationRep:
    Trump in charge of the US and Boris in charge of the UK...I'm gonna apologize to all my Somali friends for ever being rude to them and ask if I can marry a cousin they have back in their homeland

ReputationRep:
    He would be the first PM to have never been in the cabinet or the shadow cabinet in 2 centuries, since The Duke of Wellington.

How fitting is it for BoJo, the person who fought against the EU superstate in Belgium to succeed Wellington, the person who fought against the French superstate in Belgium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I'm quite astonished by people banging on and on about Corbyn and his battle with Labour MP's and Boris Johnson, this soap opera over leaders seems more interesting to them than a massive long term constitutional shake up and a new political paradigm.
    Given they are the ones who will have to figure out what on earth to do with this "massive long term constitutional shake up and a new political paradigm", it seems entirely appropriate.

Incidentally, I can't help but feel the 2011 referendum would have ushered in a newer political paradigm than leaving the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Such people in the UK and US vote for warmongers in the pockets of Wall Street or the city and assume because of a few social liberal policies they are voting for cuddly teddy bear against an evil bigot. What's worse is their unending sense of moral superiority and their complete superficiality and ignorance. It is this stich up and claim to the moral high ground that has made social and economic liberalism so powerful and such an immovable force. People are finally beginning to see through it and see their lives are shite because of it though.
    Realest thing I've heard 👊🏻

ReputationRep:
    Given they are the ones who will have to figure out what on earth to do with this "massive long term constitutional shake up and a new political paradigm", it seems entirely appropriate.

Incidentally, I can't help but feel the 2011 referendum would have ushered in a newer political paradigm than leaving the EU.
    I was just making the point, that with the rise of celeb culture, and Blair being more presidential than PM like, people seem to have a personality/leader obsession rather than a policy one. Fine for X Factor or Big Brother, but not for how a country is run. Blair is the perfect example of someones who's (alleged)charisma seems to have blinded people to his disastrous legacy.

ReputationRep:
    Realest thing I've heard 👊🏻
    Good to know there are others out there. Are you a leaver or remainer? I'm not a fascist btw, don't care just interested....?

ReputationRep:
    Good to know there are others out there. Are you a leaver or remainer? I'm not a fascist btw, don't care just interested....?
    I voted leave, the long term pay offs could be huge for us, but I also understand that it is a fragile process and we need a leader who can deliver. What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    UK's Donald Trump
    Not really. Economically Trump is to the left of the darwinist Boris Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    I voted leave, the long term pay offs could be huge for us, but I also understand that it is a fragile process and we need a leader who can deliver. What about yourself?
    Leave and also because of the long term, all the short term doom-mongering was irrelevant to my vote, remain failed to make a single optimistic long term case. It was all authoritarianism and fear and they are still at it. I would like to see Gove in there somewhere, Hannan, Johnson is probably much smarter than people give him credit for, he did well for London. They seem to see Farage as toxic, I think he has some good ideas and some silly ones. I just don't really know who should be PM. All in all I think Gove is smart and is one of those people who could grow given the role, remember(you might not be old enough?) how no-one thought Blair looked PMish, said he was 'Bambi' etc, and then he became one of the most universally convincing leaders ever(that's not to say I'm a fan of him). I truly think Gove might morph into it well, he showed toughness and resilience in those debates on TV and I think a lot of the public like him. What about you, any outside suggestions, any others? Oh, I jst thought, David Davis is very smart, agree with him a lot and he seems eminently sensible, but he might be more of an intellectual than a 'leader' type figure.
    Maybe he could do it though, he went for it before, and maybe if it's short term. How long would we need them for? Do you think we should call a general election, or is it just going to be a 'Tory'(not as we know it) thre years and then another election?

Forgive me, but not knowledgeable on the parliamentary stuff, I came at it from a more historical, and philosophical angle when I voted..

ReputationRep:
    I put all my money on the lottery. The long term pay offs could be huge for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I think he has to become PM as he was the head of the leave campaign. Gove should be Chancellor, Hanaan Home Sec and Farage can have the NHS. They need to back up their promises. I cant see how the government can contain remainers. Ridiculous that anyone would consider Teresa May or Osborne.
    plse no overkill

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.