Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

    You should find a course, and then contact the admission office - and pester them for an interview and/or assignment.

    I did this in 2009/10 with University of Manchester - I was 45 at the time. Average O levels in 1981 - one A level, and AS level (remember those!) and an O/A level but that was enough to mean I didn't have to do an access course.

    I got a 1st. Stayed at Mcr, did an MA with a scholarship. Now in York at end of Year 1 of a fully funded PhD... and if I can do that, anyone can.

    Apply - and see what happens.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.