Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I gained 1000 subscribers in 48 hours AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Don't worry man, my first channel I took three years to get 270 subscribers haha. I was really young then and had no idea what marketing or even what subscribers were, I just made videos xD
    Yeah same. Mine eventually reached 10,000 before I shut it down because cringe and I didn't use it anymore.
    I want to start one back up again to talk about things such as politics or current affairs (compared to *****y "comedy" videos I made), but I'm not sure if I have the confidence or motivation in doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update
    Ask me anything, and if you want proof you can click here
    Thanks
    How do I watch your videos? like not in that way just......... I'm not gonna dislike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlesJH)
    Yeah same. Mine eventually reached 10,000 before I shut it down because cringe and I didn't use it anymore.
    I want to start one back up again to talk about things such as politics or current affairs (compared to *****y "comedy" videos I made), but I'm not sure if I have the confidence or motivation in doing so.
    10,000 is really quite something though!!!

(Original post by hamza772000)
    How do I watch your videos? like not in that way just......... I'm not gonna dislike.
    They are just lyric videos, it's really nothing special. In fact if I did post my channel I'd be prepared to get comments like "You don't deserve subs, you just post music that exists already" or something like that, which I can't really argue with. :unimpressed:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    10,000 is really quite something though!!!

They are just lyric videos, it's really nothing special. In fact if I did post my channel I'd be prepared to get comments like "You don't deserve subs, you just post music that exists already" or something like that, which I can't really argue with. :unimpressed:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Aight then, as you wish........

ReputationRep:
    Aight then, as you wish........
    Haha sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Haha sorry!!
    Np. Its cool. I respect your privacy.

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda demotivating actually cuz ik my actual channel will never see fast growth like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    It's kinda demotivating actually cuz ik my actual channel will never see fast growth like this.
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    do you hope to have more than 20 followers on TSR ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Just started a Youtube channel, didn't expect nearly this much attention but it is what it is. It's now almost at 2000 subscribers too but analytics takes like a day to update
    Ask me anything, and if you want proof you can click here
    Thanks
    What are your videos about? They must be good

ReputationRep:
    What makes you say that?
    idk, just thinking about how hard it is to grow nowadays, it's a bit off putting.
    (Original post by the bear)
    do you hope to have more than 20 followers on TSR ? :holmes:
    I don't even know why I have 20 followers tbh :eek3:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What are your videos about? They must be good
    No, they aren't. I just upload lyrics haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    idk, just thinking about how hard it is to grow nowadays, it's a bit off putting.

I don't even know why I have 20 followers tbh :eek3:No, they aren't. I just upload lyrics haha
    Oh, so you upload lyrics, all that time I thought it was lip syncing
    But dw, you'll be fine, there's many LYRIC videos with millions of views, one of your videos could be one of 'em soon, just do a song from a popular artist/singer as soon as it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so you upload lyrics, all that time I thought it was lip syncing
    But dw, you'll be fine, there's many LYRIC videos with millions of views, one of your videos could be one of 'em soon, just do a song from a popular artist/singer as soon as it comes out.
    Yea, that's what I do, ik it's a cheap parlor trick I feel so unaccomplished . but subscriber growth is slowing, I've decided I'll just leave the channel untouched for a bit cuz I'm obsessing over it atm OTL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Yea, that's what I do. but subscriber growth is slowing, I've decided I'll just leave the channel untouched for a bit cuz I'm obsessing over it atm OTL
    Yeah, don't over obsess, and don't get too stressed, if you enjoy what you're doing, then just keep doing it, the growth will come, if you do it solely for the purpose of growth, then I'm afraid it always doesn't work like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.