Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should we place a massive glass dome over London? watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you've read 'Under The Dome' by Stephen King, you'll know that it's not a good idea :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    From this post I predict you voted Leave. The stupidity of the post says a lot.
    Literally was about to post this. What a moron. London is what keeps the economy going..Im sure OP knows that its the known as the financial capital of Europe.

Secondly, Londoners are the nicest people you'll meet- from my experience I have never met any arrogant people who think they're better than everyone else as stated in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Definitely :lol:
    I'm very pro London. I don't live there, but I'm only 20 minutes away
    Oh wow,so close!

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that get super hot inside all year round?

Like Spain? Hell, sign me up on this deal. There's nothing a Londoner loves more, than the feeling of being exclusive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    All the London chavs would throw stones, bricks and small animals at it. Maybe glass isn't the best material?
    Its pretty easy to reenforce glass. The rest of the UK has plenty of people who know how to do a hard days work whilst the people in London just sit their fat asses in offices.

(Original post by drogon)
    Everything outside london is just farmland so jokes on you
    Yes, and we will use the farmland to make you do forced labour.

(Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Yay, less rain!
    Not less rain. We'll put a big funnel at the top and channel all rain into it at increased pressure to punish you.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we build a giant ice wall instead to keep all you cannibal grass loving wildings out of London? :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Only the if the dome stops all the £££££ we make from mysteriously flying away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Westminster governments have favoured London for decades at the expense of the rest of the UK, it's about time we had a fair Britain for once.
    I don't disagree with that. London definitely gets more funding and that's what makes it the place to be. Northern cities are so dingy compared to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Literally was about to post this. What a moron. London is what keeps the economy going..Im sure OP knows that its the known as the financial capital of Europe.
    London wont be the financial capital for long. We outside of London all voted leave so London would crumble. Have fun in your newfound concrete jungle of peasantry.

Secondly, Londoners are the nicest people you'll meet
    I'll be the one making the jokes around here, not you.

(Original post by Another)
    Wouldn't that get super hot inside all year round?
    No, we're going to funnel water in there from the top, then we're going to raise the temperature so its extremely humid and then unleash a load of mosquitos in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Given the fact that London is a massive problem right in the centre of the UK, should we place a massive glass dome over it?

The problems:
    • London is not like the rest of the UK so they should require passports to leave
    • Londoners are very arrogant and think they are better than those outside London
    • Londoners always argue they're being marginalised
    • London voted to remain in the EU so we should treat it like its in the EU
    • Londoners live in a bubble so lets make it a physical one as well

Why a glass dome?
    • We can observe these strange creatures safely from outside the dome
    • We can contain the threat to stop it bleeding into the rest of the UK
    • We can contain the snobbery and arrogance within the dome
    • We can have little doors for Londoners who get passports to the UK
    • There will be a direct train route out of the dome to the French border
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Why don't we build a giant ice wall instead to keep all you cannibal grass loving wildings out? :borat:
    Thats reserved for the Scottish and that disobedient white walker they call Nicola Sturgeon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Why don't we build a giant ice wall instead to keep all you cannibal grass loving wildings out? :borat:
    Looool let them wait 2 hours for the one and only bus to pass through every day

ReputationRep:
    Thats reserved for the Scottish and that disobedient white walker they call Nicola Sturgeon.
    Nicola sturgeon aka queen of the north

ReputationRep:
    I think we should.

And we should build a Trump-esque wall on the Scottish border.

ReputationRep:
    London wont be the financial capital for long. We outside of London all voted leave so London would crumble. Have fun in your newfound concrete jungle of peasantry.

I'll be the one making the jokes around here, not you.

No, we're going to funnel water in there from the top, then we're going to raise the temperature so its extremely humid and then unleash a load of mosquitos in there.
    So you're happy that you've caused our country to fail...You along with the David Cameron and the leave campaign should be done for treason for this referendum.
    Oh and no you'll still be peasant. London will thrive, but not at a rate it was previously.

Since you're welsh you must be struggling to find a job . I'm assuming you voted out because you think you'll get jobs after this. Good luck. Its pretty tragic when you fear that someone who swam half away across the world can do a better job than you.

ReputationRep:
    Cool we get independence, keep our financial sector, and continue to have a prospering economy while rEngland and Wales comes up with silly plans to get everything it wants from EU, economy nosedives and companies move away. Actually we might be able to get in on the mass exodus so that's cool.
    So you've the papers or are do you need three months to play house like leave campaign does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    So you're happy that you've caused our country to fail..
    No, just London. The rest of the country was already struggling, and you'd have noticed if you didn't have your head shoved so far up your London-centric ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanderfeild)
    Cool we get independence, keep our financial sector, and continue to have a prospering economy while rEngland and Wales comes up with silly plans to get everything it wants from EU, economy nosedives and companies move away. Actually we might be able to get in on the mass exodus so that's cool.
    So you've the papers or are do you need three months to play house like leave campaign does?
    How are you going to continue to prosper if you're going to be rationed and punished for your treason against the rest of the UK?

ReputationRep:
    London is a net contributor to the UK as it pays more in taxes than it receives as government spending. Furthermore, I doubt it would actually work. It would be Little England that will suffer the most rather than London. Your economies were reliant on a manufacturing sector that no longer exists or is severely diminished. E.g. South Wales and steel, Stoke on Trent and ceramics, Tyne estuary and shipping. Rather than blame Londoners for causing these problems fix them yourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good plan

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.