Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    So we tax payers will have to pick up the pieces when they all end up on the street.

Make no mistake. The only thing that will reduce the number of migrants is if our country bombs. And that won't be to our advantage either.
    If the country bombs, the young and educated can immigrant a lot easier than the old and sick. The old will be stuck in a crappy country they voted Leave for and the young will have immigrated and not be in the country paying tax for their pensions, NHS or social security.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    If you are a cash buyer, there will be a lot of bargains. Don't bother trying to get a mortgage though, the banks are getting a hammering.
    Banks are banks they will be lending. They were still lending in the housing crash of 07/08, what makes you think they wont lend. If you need to buy houses quickly, then use a bridging company to pay for the house while your mortgage application goes through. Lots of them out there ans its usually how investors buy houses anyway. Good luck eirh stacking up houses for your porperty portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    Getting rid of half the labour scumbags

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stableground)
    Banks are banks they will be lending. They were still lending in the housing crash of 07/08, what makes you think they wont lend. If you need to buy houses quickly, then use a bridging company to pay for the house while your mortgage application goes through. Lots of them out there ans its usually how investors buy houses anyway. Good luck eirh stacking up houses for your porperty portfolio.
    I am sure you can get a mortgage but at what interest rate and what percentage of the value of the property given that its expected property values would drop around 15% soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    With the financial markets crashing, the old people who voted out will lose on their pensions and savings and get less money. They also have to pay more for their cruises and holidays and can't move to Spain any more.

With fewer immigrants, there will be fewer people willing to wipe their arses for minimum wage and they will have to find British people and pay through the nose to get ant kind of care.

LOL.
    I have a lot of elderly clients who are using me to sell their gold for them and I have got 25 kilos of bullion bars and 8 kilos of gold coins in my safe to be collected by a dealer today I'll take 3% of the balance (that's £27,000 by the way so I'm grand)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Maker)
    Forgot to mention loads of young, educated people are thinking seriously of moving to another country so no one will pay for their pensions so they have to return to work.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/after-brexit-find-out-here-8295710#rlabs=3%20rt$category%20 p$2
    And pay back their student loans, apparently so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    With the financial markets crashing,
    FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 are literally up ~2.5% right now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I have a lot of elderly clients who are using me to sell their gold for them and I have got 25 kilos of bullion bars and 8 kilos of gold coins in my safe to be collected by a dealer today I'll take 3% of the balance (that's £27,000 by the way so I'm grand)
    Gold is doing well, I wish I had the capital to buy a few kilos before Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 are literally up ~2.5% right now...
    So what, a small recovery doesn't make up for big losses earlier on does it? If it goes back to pre Brexit levels, then you can get smug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    So what, a small recovery doesn't make up for big losses earlier on does it? If it goes back to pre Brexit levels, then you can get smug.
    Neither FTSE 100 or FTSE 250 took a 'big loss' as a result of Brexit. Go look at it yourself, FTSE 100 is higher than it was less 2 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    If the country bombs, the young and educated can immigrant a lot easier than the old and sick. The old will be stuck in a crappy country they voted Leave for and the young will have immigrated and not be in the country paying tax for their pensions, NHS or social security.
    Point of fact. The opposite of immigration is emigration. And no, the young can no longer emigrate. At least not without a visa. Opportunity for the young has been removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Gold is doing well, I wish I had the capital to buy a few kilos before Brexit.
    I made £2000 over the weekend on gold when I got calls from clients who wanted to sell
    lucky it gold and not silver as gold is tax free so won't pay tax on the transfers of £873,000 to my clients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Point of fact. The opposite of immigration is emigration. And no, the young can no longer emigrate. At least not without a visa. Opportunity for the young has been removed.
    I am pretty sure the young can still emigrate, the EU still has freedom of movement and they can get into the US or Australia if they have the right qualifications and experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Neither FTSE 100 or FTSE 250 took a 'big loss' as a result of Brexit. Go look at it yourself, FTSE 100 is higher than it was less 2 weeks ago.
    LOL, I guess the pound is also right as rain too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I made £2000 over the weekend on gold when I got calls from clients who wanted to sell
    lucky it gold and not silver as gold is tax free so won't pay tax on the transfers of £873,000 to my clients
    And no CGT if the gold was also legal tender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingpanda)
    So basically, not only have they screwed the younger people, but they've also screwed themselves?

...Yup, sounds about right.
    if the oldies were able to stagger to the voting station on their feeble osteoporotic limbs why could the vigorous 18-24 year olds not get there as well ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    And no CGT if the gold was also legal tender.
    exactly that what it is on the coins I'm not sure on the bars but it is tax-free

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.