step 3) profit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverfox44)
    step 1) put yourself on ebay
    step 2) ??????
    step 3) profit
    Not that kind of sell yourself lol, i'm not beautiful enough for that

ReputationRep:
    Standing on a corner in a short skirt and too much makeup is usually a good start
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously - Confidence is key, even if you don't have any, fake it till you make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dskinner)
    I see sound advice thanks

I disagree if i was just me no-one would like me, in all honesty.

Hmm i guess but that's probably the bit i'm lacking in since i'm really bad at making stuff up and it's really obvious when i do
    Okay, fair enough, just trying to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubybrown1234)
    Standing on a corner in a short skirt and too much makeup is usually a good start
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously - Confidence is key, even if you don't have any, fake it till you make it
    Pls i am no man sloot
    I don't have confidence but i can give no ****s, where both are similar, they grant the person very different qualities.
    In any case i don't really get nervous, can answer questions but i can give an answer myself which is a huge problem

(Original post by JS31294)
    Okay, fair enough, just trying to help.
    I understand it's just my personality which doesn't allow me to do certain thing, selling myself is one of them

ReputationRep:
    Haha, did your mum think you were gonna "sell yourself"? xD

Now here are some problems, i think this is very good advice and hopefully i can utilise this well but, currently i'm doing most of those things, i am courteous i do help others, i do work(fairly) hard, definitely punctual and getting there on leadership skills. The next bit however be myself is the problem because if i wanted to be me then i'd be a lazy mofo and just be the classic stereotypical teenager who just lazes around telling their parents to do stuff for him and generally just wanting to be spoon fed for the rest of their life.

Also thanks for listing those things down because it's not like i never did them, i did do those things but i never recognised them of any worth i always though everyone had those qualities...

Also i guess it's true about making myself look good, because i really don't. I just try and hide behind in the shadows and just work from there because i don't want people to notice the things i do, simply because my nature of me is that i'm shy and there's nothing which can change that.... hopefully though i can change something and *boast a little* because i'm never the one to stand out from the rest, but when i do i say some stupid ****. Like i'll make a super inappropriate joke and everyone will be listening...

Thanks for the advice though
    Happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Stick a bar code on yourself, a price tag and don't forget the ISBN number!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    Happy to help
    hopefully more people can reply ^-^

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiakms)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmmmm still awaiting offical predicted grades though... currently it's a D but i've talked to my teacher and he said it might change based upon the grade boundaries for that paper this year(they used part of an official 2016 paper)
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Stick a bar code on yourself, a price tag and don't forget the ISBN number!!!!
    Lol i'm sure that'll go down well

ReputationRep:
    Pls i am no man sloot
    I don't have confidence but i can give no ****s, where both are similar, they grant the person very different qualities.
    In any case i don't really get nervous, can answer questions but i can give an answer myself which is a huge problem

I understand it's just my personality which doesn't allow me to do certain thing, selling myself is one of them
    That's fine and I understand, but you can't ask a question and then when people are trying to give you advice to help you, you can't then shoot their advice down because of 'your personality'. If you're not willing to take anyones advice and you already know that every piece of advice that you're going to recieve that you aren't going to take that on board then maybe asking the question was a waste of time.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get on with life. Worrying won't get you anywhere.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    By listing yourself on eBay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS31294)
    That's fine and I understand, but you can't ask a question and then when people are trying to give you advice to help you, you can't then shoot their advice down because of 'your personality'. If you're not willing to take anyones advice and you already know that every piece of advice that you're going to recieve that you aren't going to take that on board then maybe asking the question was a waste of time.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get on with life. Worrying won't get you anywhere.
    I guess..... i'm not totally excuding advice and ignoring it all, i do take some stuff in sometimes but sometimes i reject advice because i think i've a better alternative but my personality i reckon i could tune that down a little and hopefully i can be better
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    By listing yourself on eBay
    That's not the kind of selling i want lol

ReputationRep:
    Become a sex worker? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Just don't be yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Become a sex worker? :dontknow:
    To dam ugly
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    Just don't be yourself
    I agree i think that's a good idea

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.