Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Klinsmann? Bilic? Having been at West Ham for just a year makes him unlikely I suppose.

If going British, probably Southgate. Slim pickings...

ReputationRep:
    Surely there will be the usual clamour for a non-English manager who understands basic tactics?

ReputationRep:
    We need someone charismatic who can inspire the players and get the nation behind them. It's hard to think of three less charismatic people than Steve, Fabio and Woy and I honestly think this is where we're going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    an ex england player
    Scholes??

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it, the list of potential candidates doesn't inspire much.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn gets my vote
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Southgate hasn't managed in the PL for seven years, and last time he did he was relegated. Please can we stop peddling this narrative that we need an English manager.

English managers are average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Scholes??
    Possibly but he did retire early and is still young so he would be a big risk
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Give it Giggsy to the end of the season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Southgate seems too obvious - might be promoted as an assistant to the new manager who IMO will be one of Allardyce, Bruce or Klinsmann. Bruce's situation at Hull is up in the air with a potential takeover so I think he'd go for the job and he's a fan of the 3-5-2 which seems to be a tactical rage these days. Allardyce's chance might have gone but Klinsmann was a name bandied about and as we can't beat Germany on the pitch atm, might as well get one of their ex-legends to coach us instead..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Southgate set for an interim role, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Should go for Laurent Blanc. Can speak English, has experience of british football culture, international experience, was a top player and has won trophies.

Southgate should stay with the u21s and then take over after if he does well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Daniel Taylor from The Guardian reckons the FA want Wenger.

(Original post by Chakede)
    why not ALEX FERGUSON??
    I wish. Let him enjoy his retirement.

ReputationRep:
    Roy Chubby Brown

ReputationRep:
    should be stuart pearce , realistically the pool of English mangers are so small that its inevitable that it will be foreign. Though I would like the job to be given to Alan Pardew.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The answer's obviously Hiddink, or Blanc. But, no, it won't be. Southgate will get it on an interim basis - and probably win a couple of qualifiers or friendlies, leading the press to clamour for his appointment because they are obsessed with the manager needing to be English.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The answer's obviously Hiddink, or Blanc. But, no, it won't be. Southgate will get it on an interim basis - and probably win a couple of qualifiers or friendlies, leading the press to clamour for his appointment because they are obsessed with the manager needing to be English.
    I can see Blanc at Southampton if he gets reassurance that he won't have to sell his key players every summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    I can see Blanc at Southampton if he gets reassurance that he won't have to sell his key players every summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heck of an appointment if they can pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone but Gareth ****ing Southgate.

Mediocre player synonymous with his missed penalty
    Relegated Middlesbrough
    Finished bottom of the euro group with the England under-21s last year.

The man is an uninspiring failure, a poor man's Hodgson.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.