Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who will be the next England manager? watch

• View Poll Results: Who will be the next England manager?
    Gareth Southgate
    15.28%
    Harry Redknapp
    18.47%
    Alan Shearer
    17.23%
    Eddie Howe
    6.39%
    Glen Hoddle
    4.26%
    Gary Neville
    9.24%
    Someone else..
    29.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Mcclaren and hodgson.
    Two mediocre managers, managing a mediocre team. We got exactly what we deserved. What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Two mediocre managers, managing a mediocre team. We got exactly what we deserved. What's your point?
    We've tried English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    We've tried English.
    And we've tried foreign.

What next, Martian?

We've tried English and foreign in the outrageously deluded expectation that we're going to win something because we're English. Once we accept that we're not going to win anything, that we are a group stage team, we'll be fine and it couldn't matter less who's in charge.

ReputationRep:
    As `Drewski said,who on earth would want the job that's any good ?

ReputationRep:
    And we've tried foreign.

What next, Martian?

We've tried English and foreign in the outrageously deluded expectation that we're going to win something because we're English. Once we accept that we're not going to win anything, that we are a group stage team, we'll be fine and it couldn't matter less who's in charge.
    How about a penguin? It would be better tactically than Roy.

ReputationRep:
    I like the penguin idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    After last night's performance, it's no surprise that Woy is no more..

So who do you think will be the next England manager? Apparently Gareth Southgate is favourite?!
    I'd like it be Harry Redknapp preferably, but I wouldn't mind Gareth Southgate to be honest. Let's be honest anyone would be better than Roy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    After last night's performance, it's no surprise that Woy is no more..

So who do you think will be the next England manager? Apparently Gareth Southgate is favourite?!
    The fact that Glenn Hoddle is even listed makes me emotionally disturbed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Alan Shearer would be an excellent choice. He's the best BBC pundit and, in my opinion, would likely do a great job with England who have been stuck in the rut Woy dug for them for years now.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Villas-Boas.

Of those at the top of betting I'd go for Howe.

ReputationRep:
    Southgate obviously. There are no other contenders.**

ReputationRep:
    Louis Van Gaal just for the lolz

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how Shearer thinks he's qualified for this job. He has done nothing in management, but relegate Newcastle. How someone with almost no experience could get a job as big as this is beyond me.

All of the names on that list are really underwhelming. I hope we go the foreign route.

And we've tried foreign.

What next, Martian?

I think many people accept that we're not a top national team any more. Saying that, you expect better than what the team has shown over this tournament. I'm sorry, but there is no way we should struggle as much as we did in the group we were in, and then lose in the way we did last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Saying that, you expect better than what the team has shown over this tournament.
    Why?

What do we base that on? We have no experience to back that up. No recent success to point towards better displays. No reason whatsoever to say we 'should' do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

What do we base that on? We have no experience to back that up. No recent success to point towards better displays. No reason whatsoever to say we 'should' do anything.
    By looking at our players and the opposition. I accept losses to the top national teams. When we look like **** against Russia, I don't accept that. They were horrible and showed that in their next two matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    By looking at our players and the opposition. I accept losses to the top national teams. When we look like **** against Russia, I don't accept that. They were horrible and showed that in their next two matches.
    There are plenty of examples of countries down the years having great teams on paper but doing sod all. I still don't understand why you think England is special.

ReputationRep:
    Pardew is the obvious choice

ReputationRep:
    Southgate seems too obvious. Realistically, you're looking at Allardyce/Pardew/Bruce and a foreign appointment in Klinsmann.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Dont think we have any good enough English contenders.
    Don't think we can pry away any of the leading club managers.

We have bigger problems than just the manager though.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of examples of countries down the years having great teams on paper but doing sod all. I still don't understand why you think England is special.
    I don't think England are special? I have already said, I don't expect us to beat good quality national teams. When people expect us to get to the finals of tournaments, I will laugh all day. If we struggle to score against teams outside of the top 20-25 in the rankings, I question the management.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.