ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PQ)
    There's 2 changes to clearing this year:

- clearing choices will be able to add on Track from 3pm
    - the clearing lists will be live throughout the entire period...so the lists on the UCAS website on Tuesday morning will be the lists printed in the Telegraph on Thursday.
    Glad to hear that they will be live the whole time this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    thanks for the advice ! I think i might have to visit some unis so i know what to do
    No problems. They even have clearing open days nearer the time especially for people like yourself. However if you can arrange on during the summer then that may be a better use of your time instead of panicking around when trying to make a decision on results day
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    well basically my insurance wants A*AB but my firm wanted AAA and at the time I thought it was more likely that i would get A*AB so put it as my insurance but now the exams are over I am certain I'm getting my firm choice instead - at first i really liked my insurance then i started liking my firm but now I've realised my insurance uni just seems to tick all the boxes and is cheaper as well which is a major factor for me ...
    I should've waited longer before doing my choices but i just rushed it and now regret it ;(
    my firm uni is still really good and i know ill probably end up loving it but my insurance just seemed to have that extra something for me
    It's not too late to request swapping them round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    No problems. They even have clearing open days nearer the time especially for people like yourself. However if you can arrange on during the summer then that may be a better use of your time instead of panicking around when trying to make a decision on results day
    I have a few unis in mind - newcastle, leeds probably my top 2 but i haven't been to there before so not sure what is the best option...luckily newcastle is always in clearing so i should be alright getting into there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It's not too late to request swapping them round
    how would I do this - do i ring up UCAS or something

ReputationRep:
    do you think id be able to get my results earlier like if i emailed my teachers ? cause i just don't want to miss getting into uni by the sake of like half an hour
    No chance, and you won't miss out because more or less everyone is in the same boat. You can't add anything to Track until 3pm for the express reason that it allows a level playing field for everyone to have got their results in ample time. Your teachers will not give you your results early. There are protocols in every school for maintaining fairness when issuing results. You are panicking and not thinking clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    No chance, and you won't miss out because more or less everyone is in the same boat. You can't add anything to Track until 3pm for the express reason that it allows a level playing field for everyone to have got their results in ample time. Your teachers will not give you your results early. There are protocols in every school for maintaining fairness when issuing results. You are panicking and not thinking clearly.
    ok right, thanks for the advice
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    how would I do this - do i ring up UCAS or something
    Call ucas and both the universities and ask if they'd agree to a swap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Call ucas and both the universities and ask if they'd agree to a swap.
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.