Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OH NO!! MANDATORY CONSCRIPTION for all EU youth between ages 18-25!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    great post my friend!
    DAILY EXPRESS 28/06/2016
    `EUROPEAN SUPERSTATE TO BE REVEALED`
    read Fully what it say`s and then READ all of the THOUSANDS of comments below it, Then do some research into the LISBON TREATY and then please THINK about what this all means, where do you want to spend the summer in a few years? IBIZA or in a TRENCH??

ReputationRep:
    OP, there's this thing called burden of proof. It's on you. Prove it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...erstate-Brexit i think this is the story that OP wants us to read, can't find anything about conscription though

ReputationRep:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...erstate-Brexit i think this is the story that OP wants us to read, can't find anything about conscription though
    PLEASE do some research on this and don`t just call me etc just because i`m worried about it , read the thousands of comments on this article, they are TELLING YOU there is going to be an EU army!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it only me who still could not find this article?
    Plus anything like this would be major meaning not only Daily Mail would address and speak on it. The Guardian, Independent, BBC etc etc would have all made their own versions on this too. The fact that literally nothing is showing up and we'd have to type it in our selves on the site itself as an attempt to find the article says how sketchy everything sounds. We're fine guys, this is most likely NOT true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylorswiftfan)
    PLEASE do some research on this and don`t just call me etc just because i`m worried about it , read the thousands of comments on this article, they are TELLING YOU there is going to be an EU army!!
    i don't agree with an EU army either however it does not mean that there will be mandatory conscription, you are jumping to conclusions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Is it only me who still could not find this article?
    Plus anything like this would be major meaning not only Daily Mail would address and speak on it. The Guardian, Independent, BBC etc etc would have all made their own versions on this too. The fact that literally nothing is showing up and we'd have to type it in our selves on the site itself as an attempt to find the article says how sketchy everything sounds. We're fine guys, this is most likely NOT true.
    There was no need to look up any article to deduce this title falseness.There is no EU army,so it makes no logical sense for the EU to conscript youths from across Europe when there is no EU army to put them in.

ReputationRep:
    DAILY EXPRESS 28/06/2016
    read Fully what it say`s and then READ all of the THOUSANDS of comments below it, Then do some research into the LISBON TREATY and then please THINK about what this all means, where do you want to spend the summer in a few years? IBIZA or in a TRENCH??
    Are you seriously saying you're getting this 'information' from the comments section of, of all places, the Daily Express? I followed your instructions to find this information myself (go to website, find article, Ctrl + F 'conscription'), and NOTHING. Take a breath and remember that you're reading the COMMENTS section of the DAILY EXPRESS, then slap yourself awake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    There was no need to look up any article to deduce this title falseness.There is no EU army,so it makes no logical sense for the EU to conscript youths from across Europe when there is no EU army to put them in.
    There is somewhat of an informal EU army https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...European_Union

Nothing strict, in terms of organisational structures. Yet. But they could create a fully operation armed forced easily if they wished.

But the conscription thing is rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    CAPITAL LETTERS to be ENFORCED by BRUSSELS
    That can only apply to those renting in London, surely?

ReputationRep:
    DAILY EXPRESS 28/06/2016
    after reading through all this guff I think I would rather spend a summer in the trench if your planning to spend it in Ibiza.Its just alarmist media reports. Also clearly states post brexit so wouldn't affect us anyway

ReputationRep:
    So it's http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...rstate-Brexit?

This crap reads like someone with schizophrenia wrote it. I mean it's no surprise we voted leave if the amount of gullible people in the comments actually believe this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    That can only apply to those renting in London, surely?
    :five:

ISWYDT *

ReputationRep:
    :five:

ISWYDT *

SISH.

ReputationRep:
    source?
    The Express, so it must be true. :rolleyes:

Actually I think it's from a Polish newspaper reporting on a leaked memo from the German foreign ministry and it relates to the proposed formation of an EU army, which Britain has previously blocked. It wouldn't be a conscripted army anyway, so the story is nonsense on that part.

ReputationRep:
    CAPITAL LETTERS to be ENFORCED by BRUSSELS
    And all spellingz an stuff lik that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    The Express, so it must be true. :rolleyes:

Actually I think it's from a Polish newspaper reporting on a leaked memo from the German foreign ministry and it relates to the proposed formation of an EU army, which Britain has previously blocked. It wouldn't be a conscripted army anyway, so the story is nonsense on that part.
    yeah i'd heard about there being some sort of army, but never heard of any conscription before (or after) this thread

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'd heard about there being some sort of army, but never heard of any conscription before (or after) this thread
    I suppose if Putin attacks the Baltic states or something it might happen, but we will probably be at war already through Nato by then anyway.

The EU army appears to be mainly a sort of vanity project with an anti American twist, but it's also another core federalist step that we restrained when a member.

Perhaps we will get to vote it down again before we finally leave.

ReputationRep:
    As if people are taking this thread seriously.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    As if people are taking this thread seriously.:rolleyes:
    Lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.