Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I move to Hungary if my dad's parents were Hungarian? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you are ****ed either way if you can only move to Hungary

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt if i were you, too many dragons in hungary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    I wasn't saying it doesn't matter, I was saying a shift in focus is required to see the full picture, I can tell you are butt hurt though, you really need to give up on it, accept the vote, work hard and this country will be a great place for you to live. At the end of the day 90% of people arguing for 2nd referendums have never had a proper job and don't have a clue about the economy. GDP growth at a abysmal 1% is not really what the UK should focus on. Because even that "growth" only really benefits 1% of the richest in our population.

My point is this, the economy matters, to an extent, I believe the damage that could be done to the economy is virtually zero as a result of past EU economic crises such as Greece, Spain, Ireland and the 2008 financial recession will eventually repeat themselves within Europe as a result of the EU itself.

Additionally, I think people need to focus on more attributes than just the economy, as economy does not mean everything. A good strong democracy where issues are resolved through true diplomacy paves the way for successful economy, but the EU is failing to do that as well.
    The fact that you think I am butthurt shows your bias.Not everyone who thinks Brexit was a mistake is butthurt. You won it, fine, but at least own up to the consequences of your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    The fact that you think I am butthurt shows your bias.Not everyone who thinks Brexit was a mistake is butthurt. You won it, fine, but at least own up to the consequences of your decision.
    What consequences? A greater country?

ReputationRep:
    bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    What consequences? A greater country?
    Possibly, but also the fall of the pound, credit rating and the general growing trend of weakening economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    If we go into a recession we'll still be better off than Eastern Europe.
    Hungary isn't in Eastern Europe. I assume you voted to leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Sounds like you are ****ed either way if you can only move to Hungary
    Why? Hungary is far better than this doomed place, at least i'd be able to buy a house before I turned 35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randy6)
    Hungary isn't in Eastern Europe. I assume you voted to leave?
    Haha, very funny. I actually voted remain and think that leaving is a ridiculous idea.

If it's not in Eastern Europe where is it then?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, very funny. I actually voted remain and think that leaving is a ridiculous idea.

If it's not in Eastern Europe where is it then?
    Type Hungary into Google and you'll find your answer

ReputationRep:
    Type Hungary into Google and you'll find your answer
    Eastern Europe is a subjective term with no clearly defined geographical boundary.

ReputationRep:
    If you love the sound of Jobbik, ultra far right fascist anti-Semitic islamophobic political party being the third largest party in the country with 20% of seats in the parliament, by all means, go ahead 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europe is a subjective term with no clearly defined geographical boundary.
    "Hungary is a landlocked country in Central Europe"

Are you sure you're not a leaver? haha

ReputationRep:
    "Hungary is a landlocked country in Central Europe"

Are you sure you're not a leaver? haha
    I'm sure 100% sure about that, less sure about my geography however but the original point remains with a slight correction.

Leaving the UK for a former EASTERN BLOC country makes no economic sense.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure 100% sure about that, less sure about my geography however but the original point remains with a slight correction.

Leaving the UK for a former EASTERN BLOC country makes no economic sense.
    Have you ever been to Hungary? It is far nicer than this sh*thole, and their youth population isn't screwed either

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been to Hungary? It is far nicer than this sh*thole, and their youth population isn't screwed either
    No I haven't.

I don't have anything against them I was just going off GDP figures compared to the UK.

I'd like to visit though, Budapest looks like an a nice city.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.