Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl who doesn't drink alcohol/rarely drinks? Watch

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    That's probably is then tbh

Myself I never put myself in an environment where I would meet anyone, so I didn't. Even though really I'm special. Even as far as humans go. The moment I did that the whole world was at my door-steps, of course, it does help to be attractive, but...

Honestly, just try dating apps/online dating and then just go ****ing all out with the dates lol. And by that I mean be open and honest and confident. As much as you can. Just let the real you shine through. Yes the first few dates are statistically likely to fail. But it's a fantastic way to get a really good relationship, or a **** one if that would do, lol.

I swear, to not use dating apps is like trying to cut the grass with scissors instead of a lawnmower - you're just gonna end up spending way more time 'finishing the job' than necessary.
    Yea Ive never put myself on dating sites or anything as ive always thought most people on there are just after casual sex etc. Id rather meet someone in person but maybe i should give online a try. Im glad things are different for you since you opened up a bit more ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Very much so. I'm virtually T-total myself due to alcohol intolerance, and lettuce be real tea: drunken 'party girls' are rarely date-worthy :top2:
    But you'd **** em for a night though. Don't lie.

ReputationRep:
    You sound perfect minus the cuddling with your dogs part. I hate dogs

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a muslim

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink or smoke either so that would be ideal for me to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yea Ive never put myself on dating sites or anything as ive always thought most people on there are just after casual sex etc. Id rather meet someone in person but maybe i should give online a try. Im glad things are different for you since you opened up a bit more ha.
    You really should.

You will get loads of cringey messages. You really will. and they will make you feel icky. But just ignore them. 1liners. Ignore them. You will get the occasional cute/romantic/novel paragraph initial message ( assuming you care enough to actually fill out your profile and describe yourself properly) and that will be enough to know whether you should bother to talk to someone. See if you can talk to them via chat for at least a week or two without losing interest before meeting them. Then have a simple coffee shop date. Be open about your anxieties. IF someone doesn't care or complains about you overthinking everything or anything like that you know they are not particularly caring and move on. This system lets you weed out everyone who is not going to be a really solid dating candidate so easily.

And it will do WONDERS for your confidence. Trust me

(Original post by alexschmalex)
    You sound perfect minus the cuddling with your dogs part. I hate dogs
    I have pet cats too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    But you'd **** em for a night though. Don't lie
    Re-read what I wrote, I'm quite careful in the statements that I make

Spoiler:
    Show
    Consider the difference between "dating" and "chilling" :devil:

ReputationRep:
    Why? It just shows that you actually care about your health and don't do what others do just for the sake of it. I would never drink or smoke no matter what anyone says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Re-read what I wrote, I'm quite careful in the statements that I make
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Consider the difference between "dating" and "chilling" :devil:
    So you would have a one night stand then :nothing: I don't need to reread mate. I was asking would you. Most people dont want to wife a drunken bird up, but they'll night here for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    So you would have a one night stand then
    Not really an ONS kinda guy, but.. 'When in Rome' :smug:

(Original post by Zarek)
    I wouldn't want a gf who was disapproving of alcohol, but moderate social drinking is pretty sensible. Plus I imagine there are guys who don't drink too.
    I don't really disapprove of it but I just don't like alcohol too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.