Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I going to be alone forever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Homo comment of the day:
    I'm attracted to soft spoken, genuine/kind women but I've yet to come across one. Am I now doomed to be alone? I've been around the block a couple of times and I just feel the usual types don't do it for me anymore. I've had my fun but want to find someone meaningful.
    If you trying to find a quality woman to long term relationship from the lot of western women, then you may as well just lay down and rot boyo

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Esoteric-)
    If you trying to find a quality woman to long term relationship from the lot of western women, then you may as well just lay down and rot boyo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you might be right. :/

(Original post by Elivercury)
    Realistically anyone getting put into an arranged marriage or being from a conservative religious background is likely to have developed into a wallflower who is "soft spoken" and lacking in strong views/opinions. Which sounds exactly like what you want.

As you clearly stated yourself, if you find someone out and about who is clearly independent, then this is not the case.
    That's simply not true. I have seen a lot of cocky, arrogant, b**chy, loud religious women. As I've said coming from a conservative background doesn't make a bit of difference. Its all about personality.

I'm "soft-spoken" and "nice", but I wish I weren't. ANYWAY. I came to say that some of us are destined to be alone, but I do not think you are one of 'us'.:nah: You've clearly attracted women in the past, so you don't sound wholly undesirable. Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find someone you like - there are loads of softly spoken women out there, unfortunately they are more likely to be the shyer types so you'll need to search quite hard:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I'm "soft-spoken" and "nice", but I wish I weren't. ANYWAY. I came to say that some of us are destined to be alone, but I do not think you are one of 'us'.:nah:
    Why do you say that about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    My ball sack is more feminine than the average woman nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    Of course not OP!

You can't hurry love, you just have to wait, love don't easy, it's a game of give and take!
    Are you showing your age?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same conversations with women - where are all the nice boys? Their problem is the same as yours. You're both looking in the wrong places. You need to go where quieter , more thoughtful women go so you can start up a proper conversation with them. You're never going to do that in competition with loud pop music.

You might in a drama group, cookery class, riding stables, charity work, art class, museums, reading group, Friends of the Halle orchestra ,National Trust properties. They are packed out with quieter women who are wondering where all the men are. If you expect to have a deep meaningful conversation with most women about football, snooker, cricket scores, weight training, your job - you won't. They'll be bored out of their minds. You will fail to have any sort of connection. Practice makes perfect though so start today.

Conclusion both sides need to make the effort to be interested in what interests the opposite sex. if you can't , you are doomed.

One very successful ploy to avoid the fear of rejection is to get an intermediary to sound out any likely lass for you - so in best time honoured teenage fashion - to friend ' can you ask Sue if fancies me ? Or better you get him to ask his sister or girl friend to ask. If friend/sister comes back with ' oh God she pulled a face' , you move on. If on the other hand he says, she says yes she fancies you, you're in!! Off you go and ask her out, to go to the zoo, see your etchings, help you bring in the washing, directly giving no hint that anything has gone before ( very important, you must absolutely never be on the scene at this juncture) It is just pure coincidence that you happen to ask very soon after an other person has let the girl know you're interested. The whole success of this is the pretence that you don't know your friend has casually sounded out the girl. Otherwise you would seem like a wimp who can't ask a girl out themselves, which you are not of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    Are you showing your age?
    Hey, that's a great song!

ReputationRep:
    They do exist. Had a casual relationship with one from TSR for 6 months or so. Hit me up in my thread/by PM for more specific guidance

ReputationRep:
    There is always hope.

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    I'm "soft-spoken" and "nice", but I wish I weren't. ANYWAY. I came to say that some of us are destined to be alone, but I do not think you are one of 'us'.:nah: You've clearly attracted women in the past, so you don't sound wholly undesirable. Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find someone you like - there are loads of softly spoken women out there, unfortunately they are more likely to be the shyer types so you'll need to search quite hard:yes:
    Hello

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.