Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Immigration won't change after Brexit Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrus)
    Well I'm getting Irish citizenship now.

Maybe you should, I don't know, work hard and compete instead of assuming you should be entitled to a cushy job just because you are born on this island. And trust me, the jobs won't be coming your way, they'll just move elsewhere.
    I don't need some whiner to educate me on market dynamics.Jobs come to whoever can cease opportunities and bring them into their realm of commerce! They don't fly around like wild animals.

Currently there has been a massive death of EU red tape and people in the Aquaculture industry are celebrating like mad! So am I because it means I don't have to work in Scotland to develop my Aquaponic Automation Robots.

If all goes well I will be able to create 30 jobs in the next 2 years.So sorry but leaving the EU was good for business.You got screwed and I got my business opportunity. The world isn't some cushy place its full of violent sharks like myself who have a hunger for economic gain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Farage will throw a tantrum when the implications of this are clear but without the underpinning of Brexit as an issue, UKIP will drift to the right fringe of politics and lose support. Farage is the one politician in Britain who is absolutely dependent on the EU.

Well OK. I'm not sure what timescale you are thinking of there. I think today's Telegraph doesn't quite see it that way in one of their articles.

I've also read several well reasoned posts on The Guardian website that don't seem to quite see it that way.

Wasn't it you who said that concentrating on immigration and sovereignty wouldn't win the referendum ?

I'm not making a point there. I'm just wondering whether you might (somehow ) still be underestimating the anger this issue causes to large swathes of the electorate some of whom have now had a taste of actually voting for the first time ?

On the other hand I find it hard to believe that there could still be anyone who could be underestimating this.

Thus that's all rhetorical.

It will all blow over in a couple of years and 200,000 a year will come here(a conservative estimate mind) and the good old white working class will go back to Labour lead by some Londoncentric millionaire who can eat a bacon sandwich in public without looking like a ****.

Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    The world isn't some cushy place its full of violent sharks like myself who have a hunger for economic gain.
    By restricting trade flows. Totes makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    By restricting trade flows. Totes makes sense.
    I guess your having trouble with the fact that my nationalism is strong.

ReputationRep:
    Not all immigrants come hear to work legitimately, a prime example are those Romanians scamming tourists on London bridges with that cup scam. There is allays huge gangs of them and run of when police are spotted. Sure we need immigration but can we not keep out people who are not hear to work have no job lined up. If they are going to work in the NHS then they will have nothing to worry about. Its those with no reason who beg in subways, scam people or work illegally in car washes ect . I counted 10 Romanians begging in Stratford every corner had one sitting there.

ReputationRep:
    Brexist has made me realize pro EU people only want membership to overflood the country and destroy it. no other reason!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    Not all immigrants come hear to work legitimately, a prime example are those Romanians scamming tourists on London bridges with that cup scam. There is allays huge gangs of them and run of when police are spotted. Sure we need immigration but can we not keep out people who are not hear to work have no job lined up. If they are going to work in the NHS then they will have nothing to worry about. Its those with no reason who beg in subways, scam people or work illegally in car washes ect . I counted 10 Romanians begging in Stratford every corner had one sitting there.
    That is nothing. Take a holiday to Stockholm.

ReputationRep:
    I guess your having trouble with the fact that my ignorance is strong.
    Fyp

Oh and it's you're, not your. I suppose your nationalism hasn't extended to knowing how to write English correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Fyp

Oh and it's you're, not your. I suppose your nationalism hasn't extended to knowing how to write English correctly.
    Not really. I know the difference between there, their and they're etc. Writing English is the least of my worries when I am constantly learning new programming languages. So go figure.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I know the difference between there, their and they're etc. Writing English is the least of my worries when I am constantly learning new programming languages. So go figure.
    I'm impressed for you, I really am that you remembered those distinctions from primary school. May want to get to B2 level of English though in this brave new world.

I'm a software engineer so believe me, I'm
    not impressed with your ability to write a for loop in 20 different ways.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain why immigration is considered really bad? I'm just slightly unclear on the arguments for and against I hear a lot about taking jobs and sponging off benefits but I also hear the opposite that they work hard and that we need them for our economy. I'm ultra confused

ReputationRep:
    I'm impressed for you, I really am that you remembered those distinctions from primary school. May want to get to B2 level of English though in this brave new world.

I'm a software engineer so believe me, I'm
    not impressed with your ability to write a for loop in 20 different ways.
    Let me enlighten you. I've been involved in Politics since the age of 18. I've been a Eurosceptic for a very long time and the only thing your doing is complaining because democracy decided to give you the middle finger. Big deal get over it.

For the past 16 odd years I've had to swallow more defeats from the Globalists then I can count but one thing I don't do is result to trolling people who I don't agree with.

Stop being a wimp and just get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Let me enlighten you. I've been involved in Politics since the age of 18. I've been a Eurosceptic for a very long time and the only thing your doing is complaining because democracy decided to give you the middle finger. Big deal get over it.

For the past 16 odd years I've had to swallow more defeats from the Globalists then I can count but one thing I don't do is result to trolling people who I don't agree with.

Stop being a wimp and just get on with your life.
    In case it hasn't escaped you, I'm getting an Irish passport, so I am. Seems like a more productive way to cope with adversity than demanding people you don't like be thrown out.

Anyway globalist. "lolz". I suppose that means your political activism is based around conspiracy theories and right-wing circle jerk groups?
    (Original post by Sarahchuu)
    Can someone explain why immigration is considered really bad? I'm just slightly unclear on the arguments for and against I hear a lot about taking jobs and sponging off benefits but I also hear the opposite that they work hard and that we need them for our economy. I'm ultra confused
    Please dear flying spaghetti monster don't tell me you actually voted.

ReputationRep:
    In case it hasn't escaped you, I'm getting an Irish passport, so I am. Seems like a more productive way to cope with adversity than demanding people you don't like be thrown out.

Anyway globalist. "lolz". I suppose that means your political activism is based around conspiracy theories and right-wing circle jerk groups?
    Not at all. My world view is based on making sure Central Bankers don't destabilise Britain to the point where it can be conquered.

You know its funny for the past week people have asked why did you vote leave? I personally feel it would be much easier to just type "immigration" than actually write out a informed response to them because majority of them don't know what kind of debt troubles the EU has.

I'll inform you though because you really do need a genuine reason why I decided to take away your free movement though my leave vote.

When money was cheap EU member states decided to borrow huge amounts of money. This money had to be printed. The European Central Bank facilitated this need and printed lots of Euro's. Then came the credit crisis. The ECB decided to print more money to bail countries out. Then there where calls to expand the Quantitative Easing program and the ECB increases its balance sheet again and printed more money.

Since 2007 the ECB has been printing money like a drunken salior which is similar to the USA's FED & Japan's Bank of Japan.This money printing has inflated stocks, asset prices and is sending the Eurozone into another recession. Its got so bad the EU may as well be called the DEBT UNION.

I voted out because I am a selfish financial intellectual type who doesn't want the UK to bail out all 27 member states of the EU while devaluing its currency to the ground.10% loss on GBP was worth the Brexit. Better than a 75% loss.

ReputationRep:
    We've never had free movement of people into the UK, other countries like USA, Japan and China all have access to the single market and don't have to accept free movement of people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahchuu)
    Some work very hard and contribute to our economy, some just claim benefits and do not give a **** about our country. That's the whole point of immigration control, to let the skilled workers in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    2. Non EU migration is higher than EU migration, despite being under the control of the UK government. Its clear the UK government does not want to control migration *
    I second this - So many Brexit voters shouting get the Turks/Pakistani's/Middle Eastern countries out of our country....

I'm like mate - these countries aren't even EU members and never will be... So this has nothing to do with the EU, its our government letting in all the immigration. So if you have a problem, thats where it lies, not with*the EU.

*So many Leave voters got our domestic issues mixed up with the EU, shame. *

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. My world view is based on making sure Central Bankers don't destabilise Britain to the point where it can be conquered.

You know its funny for the past week people have asked why did you vote leave? I personally feel it would be much easier to just type "immigration" than actually write out a informed response to them because majority of them don't know what kind of debt troubles the EU has.

I'll inform you though because you really do need a genuine reason why I decided to take away your free movement though my leave vote.

When money was cheap EU member states decided to borrow huge amounts of money. This money had to be printed. The European Central Bank facilitated this need and printed lots of Euro's. Then came the credit crisis. The ECB decided to print more money to bail countries out. Then there where calls to expand the Quantitative Easing program and the ECB increases its balance sheet again and printed more money.

Since 2007 the ECB has been printing money like a drunken salior which is similar to the USA's FED & Japan's Bank of Japan.This money printing has inflated stocks, asset prices and is sending the Eurozone into another recession. Its got so bad the EU may as well be called the DEBT UNION.

I voted out because I am a selfish financial intellectual type who doesn't want the UK to bail out all 27 member states of the EU while devaluing its currency to the ground.10% loss on GBP was worth the Brexit. Better than a 75% loss.
    So not a conspiracy theory? Cool beans.

Not sure how leaving the EU is going to help when the BoE seems more keen about QE than the ECB. Or how reducing interest rates on long term investments which may or may not be a wise idea economically has some simple connection to a Hitlerian invasion of Britain but obviously I haven't taken the blue pill.

ReputationRep:
    So not a conspiracy theory? Cool beans.

Not sure how leaving the EU is going to help when the BoE seems more keen about QE than the ECB. Or how reducing interest rates on long term investments which may or may not be a wise idea economically has some simple connection to a Hitlerian invasion of Britain but obviously I haven't taken the blue pill.
    So in your fantasy world the ECB has done less QE than the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Well OK. I'm not sure what timescale you are thinking of there. I think today's Telegraph doesn't quite see it that way in one of their articles.

I've also read several well reasoned posts on The Guardian website that don't seem to quite see it that way.

Wasn't it you who said that concentrating on immigration and sovereignty wouldn't win the referendum ?

I'm not making a point there. I'm just wondering whether you might (somehow ) still be underestimating the anger this issue causes to large swathes of the electorate some of whom have now had a taste of actually voting for the first time ?

On the other hand I find it hard to believe that there could still be anyone who could be underestimating this.

Thus that's all rhetorical.

It will all blow over in a couple of years and 200,000 a year will come here(a conservative estimate mind) and the good old white working class will go back to Labour lead by some Londoncentric millionaire who can eat a bacon sandwich in public without looking like a ****.

Cool.
    I am not underestimating the anger but how does Farage prevent himself being dragged ever further rightwards towards oblivion? Europe is his anchor as well as his obsession.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.