Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ers-and-riders

I got it a bit wrong. You can apply for a provisional up to 3 months before your 17th birthday, however you will not legally be permitted to book any tests until you actually turn 17. The passing the theory before you can book your practical still applies
    oh oki thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    Luckily my dads a driving instructor.

So on my birthday gonna have my first lesson

Whenever he's free im gonna jump in his car and get him to teach meh! I wanna pass my test within my first year!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Luckily my dads a driving instructor.

So on my birthday gonna have my first lesson

Whenever he's free im gonna jump in his car and get him to teach meh! I wanna pass my test within my first year!!!
    Wow that's great! Ur so lucky

Spoiler:
    Show
    i like ur pic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    Wow that's great! Ur so lucky
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i like ur pic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! I'm so excited to drive OMG! The feeling that whenever u f eel like munching u don't need to walk it hahaha.

Hehe. I was watching power rangers whilst I was eating for sehri haha. I like my pic too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Apply for a provisional licence
    Take lessons and pass your theory test
    Pass your driving test

Voila
    time to ask an expert :lol:
    whats in the driving test
    i know theory test which is multiple choices - defo gonna fail :erm:
    and there is a perception test - might pass or might fail :sad:
    but i didnt know there is also a driving test, i thought you just take lesson and do all the above and its done :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    time to ask an expert :lol:
    but i didnt know there is also a driving test, i thought you just take lesson and do all the above and its done :facepalm:
    Oh haha i thought the other way;i thought you only had to do the driving test and then done........ Never u would have to learn all those hard stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I'm turning 17 in September. I do want to learn to drive but I don't know when, I don't think I'd be able to afford it at the moment. Does anyone have an estimate of roughly how much it would cost to get a driving license?
    Around £1,500 would be a fair estimate on the average. There are loads of different sources online that give average costs, but they are usually around the mark that I stated above. It depends on the learner though; I know many 'academically stupid' people who have passed their test easily and many 'academically superior' people can still have difficulty.
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Oh haha i thought the other way;i thought you only had to do the driving test and then done........ Never u would have to learn all those hard stuff
    Are you two sure that you're ready?
    Could just get a bicycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    well thats rude of you :erm: there is no harm asking those who's done it already!
    not riding a bicycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
    something new to learn :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    can you apply for a provisional liscense at 16? or do you wait to be 17
    I got my provisional license within months of turning 16 so you can apply now if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get your provisional licence for sarters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Around £1,500 would be a fair estimate on the average. There are loads of different sources online that give average costs, but they are usually around the mark that I stated above. It depends on the learner though; I know many 'academically stupid' people who have passed their test easily and many 'academically superior' people can still have difficulty.

Yeeees am perfectly sure , why? Is it a crime to ask questions :eek:
    Everyone on TSR is a criminal then:eek:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, as I've already said, there are two parts to the test-the theory, where you're asked questions about driving, signs and have a hazard perception part, and a practical, where you're judged on your physical ability to drive in real life

It is impossible to book your practical test without having passed your theory test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    No, as I've already said, there are two parts to the test-the theory, where you're asked questions about driving, signs and have a hazard perception part, and a practical, where you're judged on your physical ability to drive in real life

It is impossible to book your practical test without having passed your theory test
    Yes i know since u told me, but i was just saying that i THOUGHT before
    Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems like i wont even get to that point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KittenMediaya)
    Seems like i wont even get to that point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.