Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Next Tory Leader? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Who should be next Tory Party Leader?
    Bojo (Boris Johnson)
    18.06%
    Theresa May
    34.72%
    Andrea Leadsom
    6.94%
    Priti Patel
    2.78%
    Michael Gove
    11.11%
    Stephen Crabb
    12.50%
    Nicky Morgan
    1.39%
    Someone Else
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Most people in the UK rather not have Boris. Most of America wouldn't have Donald either. Their appearances shares some resemblances.
    Well TSR would have Boris...

Donald Trump isn't tooo much worse than Hilary and most people want the republicans rather than the democrats... SOOOOO +Don't lie to me, it is the same person!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)

Sorry I couldn't resist :lol:
    Their hair is similar but they're not the same politically.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Awakener)
    Their hair is similar but they're not the same politically.
    Yes I am quite aware of that thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Gove, May or Leadsome tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Well TSR would have Boris...

Donald Trump isn't tooo much worse than Hilary and most people want the republicans rather than the democrats... SOOOOO +Don't lie to me, it is the same person!!!
    If you would vote Hillary over Trump you are either brainwashed or misinformed

ReputationRep:
    bojo: top shelf gold

theresa may: no no no. a eurosceptic is a must for the tories now. she represents an older generation of europhiliac elites who failed the people and the party. I don't have the slightest clue how she's 2nd in the polls. the former PM stepped down because he supported remaining in the EU - TM does as well! pay attention. I can only assume people have "margaret thatcher" nostalgia of a female tory leader coming in - well sorry but that's a terrible mindset - she's miserable and dry *and* her political views are impoverished

andrea leadsome: she's really good, but not as good as bojo - deputy party leader material

stephen crabb: nope, novice.

michael gove: he's good, but again, not as good as numbers 1 and 2 (bojo and leadsome)

ReputationRep:
    I like Theresa May, wouldn't mind Boris*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Gove, even before he announced I've been saying Gove, alternatively Fox.

Ideal membership ballot would be the two of them, but I think Gove-May

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    With Gove standing, i back him over the other three.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Awakener)
    I like: Andrea Leadsom

Who do you think it should be?
    You can strike Boris out as he has confirmed that he won't be stepping in as PM, which I take is very good news for most people. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Liam Fox.
    Kwasi Kwarteng.
    Gove.
    May.
    David Davis.

One of those. I'm more concerned about the cabinet being Brexiteers though. We need names like the above, they have authority and can negotiate Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Alas poor Boris. Where be your gibes now?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Definitely This Women

ReputationRep:
    Really don't want May
    Would like Rees-Mogg tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    bojo: top shelf gold

theresa may: no no no. a eurosceptic is a must for the tories now. she represents an older generation of europhiliac elites who failed the people and the party. I don't have the slightest clue how she's 2nd in the polls. the former PM stepped down because he supported remaining in the EU - TM does as well! pay attention. I can only assume people have "margaret thatcher" nostalgia of a female tory leader coming in - well sorry but that's a terrible mindset - she's miserable and dry *and* her political views are impoverished

andrea leadsome: she's really good, but not as good as bojo - deputy party leader material

stephen crabb: nope, novice.

michael gove: he's good, but again, not as good as numbers 1 and 2 (bojo and leadsome)
    Theresa May is a eurosceptic lmao. Just because she wasn't campaigning to leave, does not mean she likes the EU. The fact she remained pretty quite suggests she wanted to maintain her appeal for both sides of the party while remaining loyal to Cameron until the very end. Wise move IMO. Whatever the result, she'll be in a top job.

I agree about Leadsom being deputy party leader material, or at least Cabinet material, but really not PM material. She's had only one single major media event where the eyes where on here. I'm not denying she wasn't good at the Wembley debate, she was excellent, but most are basing their opinions of her on that single debate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Really don't want May
    Would like Rees-Mogg tbh
    Mogg has backed Gove.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Portillo backs Gove too.

One thing to note is that the Tories now have 5 non-Etonions, 5 non London MP's, 1 guy born of the underclass, 1 guy from the working class, 2 fairly ordinary from the middle class and only 1 you could say came from a rich background. We also have two women and two Scotsmen.

So much for the posh toff accusations and all this without short lists and the like.*

Also notable that despite everything that was said in the past about the government being toxic to MP's, in the end we have 4 current/former secretaries of state and one minor minister..*

ReputationRep:
    Tbh all 5 are credible candidates, and far better than anything Labour has to offer the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would be ironic for borderline-fascist May to get in when apart from immigration, the leave camp was all about some notion of liberty/freedom
    But they're all ***** tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Portillo backs Gove too.

One thing to note is that the Tories now have 5 non-Etonions, 5 non London MP's, 1 guy born of the underclass, 1 guy from the working class, 2 fairly ordinary from the middle class and only 1 you could say came from a rich background. We also have two women and two Scotsmen.

So much for the posh toff accusations and all this without short lists and the like.*

Also notable that despite everything that was said in the past about the government being toxic to MP's, in the end we have 4 current/former secretaries of state and one minor minister..*
    whos portillo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.