Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Political corectness of the anti political corectness crowd. Watch

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. The only time it should be a criminal matter is if the person's privy to sensitive knowledge have already signed non-disclosure contracts in which case the criminal proceedings would move forward on the basis of breach of contract.
    What are your thoughts on blackmail then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    What are your thoughts on blackmail then?
    If it's going to be treated as a criminal offence, then it should be done so on the grounds of withholding information from the police rather than demands of money or intimidating speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    Is this the new islamic ray guns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    The only people forcing something on others are the "PC" crowd.

There should be absolutely ZERO restrictions on free speech, none at all. Popular speech does not need to be protected, but unpopular speech does.

There are universities in the US that are trying to force speech codes on students, and dictate the language they have to use on campus (Michigan State Uni, I might be wrong). And this is just one of far too many dangerous examples.

This is the start of Orwellian style "speak".
    Shut you gay ***** ******* *****boy nazi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. The only time it should be a criminal matter is if the person's privy to sensitive knowledge have already signed non-disclosure contracts in which case the criminal proceedings would move forward on the basis of breach of contract.
    Surely that's a civil matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Shut you gay ***** ******* *****boy nazi
    Bait.

ReputationRep:
    Bait.
    I have a right to free speach don't I?

ReputationRep:
    I have a right to free speach don't I?
    Sure, that was my whole point. That still doesnt change the fact that it was just pseudo-edgy bait.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, that was my whole point. That still doesnt change the fact that it was just pseudo-edgy bait.
    Pseudo-edgy? How would one go full edgy?

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing new. The anti-"political correctness" crowd have always had their own versions of political correctness which they think people should be obliged to hold to.

ReputationRep:
    Pseudo-edgy. Good lord.

My 1 rule of life, anyone who uses the term "pseudo" is normally a wannabe intellectual piece of ****

ReputationRep:
    Pseudo-edgy. Good lord.

My 1 rule of life, anyone who uses the term "pseudo" is normally a wannabe intellectual piece of ****
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont know about you, but id rather be a wannabe intellectual piece of s**t than a retarded piece of s**t. You obviously went for the latter.

ReputationRep:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont know about you, but id rather be a wannabe intellectual piece of s**t than a retarded piece of s**t. You obviously went for the latter.
    Is that full-edgy?

ReputationRep:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's proper edgy m8.

Being serious now, have you ever heard anyone use the term "pseudo" in a way that doesn't make them sound like a pretentious piece of ****?

I remember a lecturer last year in one of my lectures claiming her father invented the term "pseudo-state", it made me want to "pseudo-vomit"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hovado)
    Is this the new islamic ray guns?
    Yes :rofl2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.