Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boris NOT Seeking Leadership! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ****ed either way

ReputationRep:
    hmmm there is something we are not being told here...

perhaps Boris has done a deal with JC to switch to Labor and become their new Leader :dontknow:*

ReputationRep:
    oh ffs just when everything seemed to be calming down

it's like the lesser of two evils with Gove and May

ReputationRep:
    May has already pledged on Art 50. Likely that Brexit will happen though door still open for conscientious objectors. Who knows what will change between now and October.

However under her we're still looking at the single market #downwithimmigration!!one!!

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I don't consider myself a toff. :nah:
    Of course; it's not like you don't have such a long and proud history of objectivity. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    there is no reason why MG and TM could not do a job share... that is the reality for many of their subjects voters
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Conservative Home has Gove topping the poll amongst party members.
    http://www.conservativehome.com/thet...h-running.html
    Thankfully the Tories don't leave the leadership solely in the hands of the base. Let's hope the MP's are somewhat more sensible than the base.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Thankfully the Tories don't leave the leadership solely in the hands of the base. Let's hope the MP's are somewhat more sensible than the base.
    I can't see the MPs putting little Crabby ahead of Gove. Surely the ballot paper for members will now be Gove or May?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can't see the MPs putting little Crabby ahead of Gove. Surely the ballot paper for members will now be Gove or May?
    Who knows, every political prediction I've seen in the past year on everything from the US to British byelections has been wrong. Bear might not be far wrong suggesting BJ as head of Labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Who knows, every political prediction I've seen in the past year on everything from the US to British byelections has been wrong. Bear might not be far wrong suggesting BJ as head of Labour
    Lol, perhaps Boris will move to Brussels and become President of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Shame, I was looking forward to seeing him burn!

ReputationRep:
    Tweets starting to roll in.
    Rob Ford, Professor of Political Science at Manchester University:
    Boris engineered the largest constitutional crisis in post-war history but won't even put his name forward to clear it up?

What. A. Prat.

ReputationRep:
    Ewan McGregor:

@BorisJohnson You spineless c$&t You lead this ludicrous campaign to leave EU. Win, and now fuc& off to let someone else clear up your mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)

He just confirmed it.
    Why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    He's a 'beggar' and a 'toff?' :hmmmm2: You may need to think through your insults a little more.
    He's a toffee beggar...

ReputationRep:
    ****ing slimy cretin. Talk about jumping ship. I despise the guy.

But I also can't stand the idea of May or Gove taking over. How deep do we have to delve into this government to find somebody remotely likeable?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if Gove has a deal with May?

Anyway, Gove is massively unpopular, and has handed the leadership to May regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative Home has Gove topping the poll amongst party members.
    http://www.conservativehome.com/thet...h-running.html
    That's from the 3rd of May... I think it's fair to assume things will have changed since then!!

ReputationRep:
    Boris has received compensation under Tory Party rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    That's from the 3rd of May... I think it's fair to assume things will have changed since then!!
    I don't know. I think a lot of rank and file Tories will be full of love for the ghastly Gove as they will imagine it was him wot won it for them in the EU referendum.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.