Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by moggis)
    Sure. It looks more likely than not that there will be trading opportunities.
    Gove will likely be favourite in a few days when the endorsements are rolling in

ReputationRep:
    Boris knows he can't actually implement Brexit and neither can anyone else. Whoever gets to be PM will piss off half the electorate when they implement Brexit. Its a lose lose situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Gove will likely be favourite in a few days when the endorsements are rolling in
    Is that good info?

ReputationRep:
    Boris has a 5 year plan I reckon

The UK mean while only has daily plans
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is that good info?
    He has his own backers, most of Boris' backers are expected to go Gove, and May has lost the anti-Boris candidate edge, which was her trump card imo

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for Michael Gove. I really believe that he is the right man for this country and will help us get better than ever before.

I also hope that every other person also votes for Michael Gove.
    Forget Theresa May. We all know what shes all about....

ReputationRep:
    He has his own backers, most of Boris' backers are expected to go Gove, and May has lost the anti-Boris candidate edge, which was her trump card imo
    Thanks. Seeing as presumably what you've just said is generally known,it makes you wonder why he is so big a price.

ReputationRep:
    He's 11-4 now.

(With bet 365)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks. Seeing as presumably what you've just said is generally known,it makes you wonder why he is so big a price.
    It has to be remembered that while Boris sits very well with the public he does not sit anywhere near as well with the party membership, and for many he is a marmite figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Boris knows he can't actually implement Brexit and neither can anyone else. Whoever gets to be PM will piss off half the electorate when they implement Brexit. Its a lose lose situation.
    They have to. If not UKIP will wipe out the three mainstream parties in a landslide at the next election.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Boris is playing the long game.

He's a clever man, he knows that at some point he'll have his chance to pounce. I'm sure he'll get a cabinet role which he'd need to silence some of his critics who say he's too much of a clown.

ReputationRep:
    I think Boris couldn't hack having an angry mob jeering outside his house. That was probably was way outside of his comfort zone, career politician that he is.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be remembered that while Boris sits very well with the public he does not sit anywhere near as well with the party membership, and for many he is a marmite figure
    Boris?

I assume you meant Gove.Which begs the question who votes for the leader exactly? I think I'm getting the two sets of rules muddled up.

One of them is chosen by 150,000 aren't they?

The only exam I ever failed was British Givernment and Consituition. I knew that would cause me a problem one day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Boris?

I assume you meant Gove.Which begs the question who votes for the leader exactly? I think I'm getting the two sets of rules muddled up.

The only exam I ever failed was British Givernment and Consituition. I knew that would cause me a problem one day
    Boris is very popular with the general population, not so popular with the party, Gove is the other way around, fairly popular in the party and not so popular with the general population. The 5 candidates are cut down to 2 who then go to the party membership which current sits at about 150k.

ReputationRep:
    Boris?

The MPs whittle the candidates down to two, then the members vote.

ReputationRep:
    Boris is very popular with the general population, not so popular with the party, Gove is the other way around, fairly popular in the party and not so popular with the general population. The 5 candidates are cut down to 2 who then go to the party membership which current sits at about 150k.
    Ok thanks. But never mind the public what about the members? Any clue who they would prefer? I would have thought Gove but he is seen as betraying Cameron so probably not.

Oh unless the members are part of the party ? This is confusing. No wonder I failed.:confused:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ok thanks. But never mind the public what about the members? Any clue who they would prefer? I would have thought Gove but he is seen as betraying Cameron so probably not.

Oh unless the members are part of the party ? This is confusing. No wonder I failed.
    The members are the party...

ReputationRep:
    This is sad because the thought of Theresa May as prime minister is cringeworthy, she has an unpleasant personality, zero warmth or charisma. She also comes off like one of those strict teachers you had in high school who always seemed sexually frustrated
    Then again I am a foreigner, I dont know maybe #Brexit voters are into those types of women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    LMAO

I wonder why he pulled out, he clearly realised that if he triggers article 50 it will all come back on him and all of his lies will unravel in front of his eyes.

I can't see any reason why the leading figure of the leave campaign is not willing to take the country in the direction he campaigned for
    They say he was only heading it for his own political ambitions (PM job) now Gove has entered the race he's felt backstabbed. Now he'll know how Cameron felt.

Still a shock though. TM for PM! Reminds me of Lady Thatcher.

Imagine UK PM lady, US President Lady, Labour opostion Lady!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh!

By the way I've just understood why Gove is so big. It's because unlike May he's by no means certain to get one of the two places. Lead som also has a decent chance.

Only 9-2 Gove back out to 10-3.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.