Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A question to Londoners... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    If you were to move out of London, where would you live?
    Iceland. I give up on civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    Noo Yolk.

That's American for New York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    How easy was it to move to Toronto? Its my dream for a few years, but being able to move permanently seems almost impossible, especially when you work in the medical field
    It depends on which your role in the medical field is. Have a look at Express Entry as I believe most medical roles which require a professional degree (such as medicine) will be a 0 or an A in the NOC job codes, which the government use and regard highly when assessing an application.

Check your eligibility with the Express Entry program on the Canadian government website
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

A job offer will almost guarantee you entry if you have a degree or two, are fluent in English, and are coming with savings and by yourself. Bringing dependents will harm your chances greatly.

NB. When you come to the language section, even though English might be your first language just put the top scores for any of the language results as it's required. When it comes to saying how many family members you have, do not include parents or siblings, only spouses and dependents.

ReputationRep:
    Southern Germany.

ReputationRep:
    If it had to be the UK then Manchester is the only even slightly comparable city imho

But personally I'd rather be in a different country than elsewhere in the UK, Canada, Australia or NZ preferably, but Berlin, Paris, and Rome would all do very nicely as well

ReputationRep:
    Probably go back to where I grew up in Kent or maybe go up to Nottingham. If not there then either Tokyo, Rome, Scotland, or NYC.

ReputationRep:
    Australia or United States.

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in London since I was 11 and am going to Aberystwyth for university, will be a pleasant change of pace for a few years. A few more sheep and bilingual road signs.

Once I finish uni I guess I'd move back to a city, maybe move abroad to Canada or Australia/New Zealand. If it was in the UK then perhaps Birmingham or Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    in your mums crib

ReputationRep:
    Within the UK - Newquay in Cornwall
    Outside the UK - Australia or somewhere in western Europe!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what is actually so great about London

It has a handful of good sights and ''tourist'' attractions but prices for literally everything are crazy and so is the crime rate.

I just cannot see the appeal

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere like Oxford, Bristol, or Exeter

ReputationRep:
    Canada because it is just as accepting of diversity as London is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Can someone explain to me what is actually so great about London

It has a handful of good sights and ''tourist'' attractions but prices for literally everything are crazy and so is the crime rate.

I just cannot see the appeal
    In London you aren't made to feel like you're any different/superior/inferior to people of other cultures, races, religions, classes because generally everybody's too busy so nobody really cares about those minor details

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    New York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfslayer1)
    In London you aren't made to feel like you're any different/superior/inferior to people of other cultures, races, religions, classes because generally everybody's too busy so nobody really cares about those minor details

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that is actually a fair point tbh considering the huge sense of multicultaralism.

I'll give Londoners that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Ah that is actually a fair point tbh considering the huge sense of multicultaralism.

I'll give Londoners that one
    Haha, indeed (;

Maybe Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia probably or Dubai.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    I've lived in London since I was 11 and am going to Aberystwyth for university, will be a pleasant change of pace for a few years. A few more sheep and bilingual road signs.

Once I finish uni I guess I'd move back to a city, maybe move abroad to Canada or Australia/New Zealand. If it was in the UK then perhaps Birmingham or Edinburgh.

Where did you live before you moved to London?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.