Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    I'm with you apart from P(7<R<10) that should be 1/2 as 10 is not in the range

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah sneaky edexcel. Thanks for spotting that out. I've updated the solutions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    predicted grade boundaries?
    I reckon 62ish for an A. could be anywhere between 62-64

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFrangos)
    What grade boudaries do you expect in the ial paper?
    It could be anywhere between 67-70 for the A*; S2 boundaries are really unpredictable. It's been on the lower end in summer 14 and 15, so it's hard to tell for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    IAL soon i hope? :woo:
    (Original post by AlexFrangos)
    What grade boudaries do you expect in the ial paper?
    IAL http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4194431

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Ah sneaky edexcel. Thanks for spotting that out. I've updated the solutions
    Thanks, Kprime2 the great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathchemhist)
    How many UMS points do you think i would get for:

C3 61/75
    C4 62/75
    S2 38/75 ???
    It wasn't THAT bad

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose for giving n=15 is an answer if I forgot to square it?

ReputationRep:
    62 is way too low for an A... i think this was as hard as previous papers. At least 65 for an A and 70 for an A*
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I completely messed up the mode, I read it as "show that the mode is 8/3", I actually thought there was some sort of mistake on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    I completely messed up the mode, I read it as "show that the mode is 8/3", I actually thought there was some sort of mistake on the paper.
    I really hate things like this.

In my S2 they had a question involving the constants q, r and s and I kept writing q as p and my mind basically thought is was p, q, r.

My further pure modules also had no nice answers – everything was in ugly fractions and/or square roots.

Seems like Edexcel does this just to mess with us and make us doubt our final answers. The older past papers would have nice answers which personally gave me more confidence

ReputationRep:
    Why would it matter? because i thought the its a continuos distribution so p(x=10) is 0, so i think it should be 3/4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexthompson1998)
    Why would it matter? because i thought the its a continuos distribution so p(x=10) is 0, so i think it should be 3/4?
    Well yes, P(X=10) does = 0, so you'd change the range to 7 to 9, as if you use 7 to 10 you're effectively adding in probability for something which doesn't exist (or isn't in our range)

So it was P(7<r<9) = 1/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    62 is way too low for an A... i think this was as hard as previous papers. At least 65 for an A and 70 for an A*
    (Original post by kprime2)
    I reckon from 62 for A.
    Confirmed - 62 for an A.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ries-Final.pdf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.