Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Syrian refugee hands in €150,000 he found cleaning out his wardrobe watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The article noted that he will receive a 3% finder's fee. I'm very glad that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Your thread title is rather misleading. He didn't steal the money. He handed it in.
    My god you are quite dense aren't you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esoteric-)
    My god you are quite dense aren't you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Solid name/avatar tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    He isn't bad looking either :love::mmm:
    Girl. It's Ramadan.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do like how that was the first thing that came to your mind after reading the story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Girl. It's Ramadan.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do like how that was the first thing that came to your mind after reading the story.

Oh well i feel guilty i lost yesterdays fast. Inshallah I will redo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animus1)
    The article noted that he will receive a 3% finder's fee. I'm very glad that is the case.
    Should be more.

ReputationRep:
    It's great that he handed it in. What an honest guy. I would take it because I would be able to pay off my tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    Hand it in. It's a criminal offence to keep it and 150k of monopoly money is nowhere near enough to risk my future over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7109296.html

on a serious note, if you found 150k in a wardrobe, would you keep it or would you hand it in like this humble syrian chap?
    Sweet guy <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    These pesky refugees invading our lands and ruining our way of life - how dare he do the do the right thing argh :fuhrer:

:rolleyes:
    i'd take the money and give it to charity to help those in need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7109296.html

on a serious note, if you found 150k in a wardrobe, would you keep it or would you hand it in like this humble syrian chap?
    Nothing to do with Islam

In all seriousness, good to hear a positive story for the refugees. They should grant him and his family citizenship

ReputationRep:
    I would really want to keep it. I would struggle against my conscience to keep it. But in the end, I think I wouldn't feel right keeping it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    It's great that he handed it in. What an honest guy. I would take it because I would be able to pay off my tuition fees.
    You're a great person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Should be more.
    Yeah, probably. I believe 3% is standard, but we'll see if the owner of the money is found, they may pitch in to the reward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I get not trusting the banks, but keeping something burnable inside something burnable is flat-out retarded.

Also, how does one deal with losing that amount of money? I'd be going through every second-hand store in the country like a bull in a china shop.
    Germany has negative interest rates.. perhaps some bloke put it there hidden away and his wife took it to the charity shop? Probably funds from illicit proceedings. I am sure German authorities are eagerly watching. Who knows

ReputationRep:
    err keep it ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    i'd take the money and give it to charity to help those in need
    Or perhaps invest it and use the the returns to fund charitable causes perpetually? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Id give it a year. And if no once claims it im going on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Nothing to do with Islam

In all seriousness, good to hear a positive story for the refugees. They should grant him and his family citizenship
    "Allah would never allow me to finance my own interests with someone else’s wealth," he said.

so yep, it's to do with islam

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the circumstances.

If it was from somewhere that I knew the owner would be looking for it, or want to claim it back, I'd hand it in.

If it was from someone that I knew, I'd hand it in.

Any other circumstance, I'd keep it and save it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.