Turn on thread page Beta

which country would you most hate to live in? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    offence taken
    you ever been to any arab country?
    ive seen pictures... and that is enough. lets put it this way if my plane had to emergency divert to an arab country, i would not get off the plane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    ive seen pictures... and that is enough. lets put it this way if my plane had to emergency divert to an arab country, i would not get off the plane.
    pictures?? :rolleyes:
    why not what would happen to you?

ReputationRep:
    ive been to Qatar and Tunisia, and both are very nice places

ReputationRep:
    samalia or some scutty arab country (no offence to those of arab origination).
    You'd be suprised how welcome you'd be in most arab countries, especially the Middle East countries, once you get rid of the ridiculously hostile countries. In places like Oman, Yemen, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, British people are quite highly respected. Doesn't mean you won't meet any hostility but I've had more than pleasant experiences.

ReputationRep:
    pictures?? :rolleyes:
    why not what would happen to you?
    get stabbed or something... or kidnapped.... or if i accidentally walked through a market, get a load of arabs chasing me asking me to buy mouldy fruit and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    get stabbed or something... or kidnapped.... or if i accidentally walked through a market, get a load of arabs chasing me asking me to buy mouldy fruit and stuff.
    lets hope so

ReputationRep:
    get a load of arabs chasing me asking me to buy mouldy fruit and stuff.
    lol, reminds me of some of my holidays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    ive been to Qatar and Tunisia, and both are very nice places
    yeap and lebanon? the 2nd top fashion country after france?

ReputationRep:
    lets hope so
    oi i am only telling you my experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    lol, reminds me of some of my holidays...
    lol yes i remember going to a market in Tunisia, the dude was trying to trade me a bongo drum thing for my sister...but then my mum intervened :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lets hope so
    Don't worry Endorf didn't get two red gems for nothing, she was very rude about the North of England as well

ReputationRep:
    oi i am only telling you my experiences.
    you told me you never been there before so how could it be your experiences?

ReputationRep:
    yeap and lebanon? the 2nd top fashion country after france?
    im not too keen to go to Syria atm

ReputationRep:
    lol yes i remember going to a market in Tunisia, the dude was trying to trade me a bongo drum thing for my sister...but then my mum intervened :eek:
    Yeah, that's a known trick they pull for tourists - I wouldn't read too much into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Don't worry Endorf didn't get two red gems for nothing, she was very rude about the North of England as well
    well i was thinking my comeback was pretty harsh....nevermind

ReputationRep:
    you told me you never been there before so how could it be your experiences?
    i experienced it thru the media. anyhow.. you dont even know that in your own country people drink cider from lemons, so i wudnt expect you to understand.

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking of Tunisia... Lol I bought one of those crappy bongos. It was the only piece of crap I bought there.
    They're be all chummy with you and then all of a sudden it'll be "Sir, that will cost you 20 dinars".

ReputationRep:
    i experienced it thru the media. anyhow.. you dont even know that in your own country people drink cider from lemons, so i wudnt expect you to understand.
    And the media never like to twist things do they?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    im not too keen to go to Syria atm
    no its a poor country.
    jordan, UAE, and Lebanon are nice tho. thats where iv been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    And the media never like to twist things do they?:confused:
    you are not required in the conversation.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.