The Student Room Group

Your Views on 'Kink-Shaming'

Scroll to see replies

I think they have to draw the line somewhere. I have met people who actually argue that pedophilia should be protected in the same way as homosexuality.

As for harmless fetishes... I really think that some of the more disgusting ones are inevitably going to be viewed a certain way. You can't just demand that people not be disgusted by something like touching or interacting with feces. That's arguably bad for health. But I don't think those fetishes should be made illegal, either.
Kink-shaming? That's just really weird. Not "shaming" someone for having a fetish but actually making "kink-shaming" a thing. I don't really care what people in their bedroom since I'm not there or aware what kinks people have but I like to know how far people are going to go with this "shame" movement. Saying pedophilia is gross is kink shaming? Like how far is this really going to go?

That is all for me. Also I recommend not eating your poo or drinking your pee as a meal or beverage. Not very healthy and may even kill you. Does that count as "kink shaming"?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessZara
Trying to make a joke in 2016 without offending anyone...

The more realistic "trying to make a joke in 2016 without offending anyone be like:"
CVugWhqW4AALfxK.jpg
The only way humans will achieve the higher grace of Bonobos is to lose their acceptance of original sin.
Reply 24
we're too pc these days. some judgmental thoughts are normal. and face it, BDSM is not natural for people to understand, and most of society still is pretty conservative sexually. most students/younger people may not be, but then many still are.
People who dress up and act like a child while having sex are disgusting and people who like that stuff in a sexual way are also disgusting and sick... As long as t's not sexual it's fine, sex makes it disgusting, and sick. It's supposed to be adorable, not sexual...I don't understand why people want to make adorable things sexual...
Reply 26
Because its bloody weird for people to like; being crapped on, dressing up in leather and being whacked with a paddle, seeing people stomp on small critters etc. ****ing deviants.
Reply 27
Dirty bastards, the lot of them.

You should follow them around shouting "shame!" until they reconsider.
Original post by JoeK6
I had some friends at university talking about 'kink-shaming' and I had no idea what it was. They described it to me as the shaming, mocking and denigration of a person's sexual fetishes, including faeces.

I replied saying that's just grim and they disagreed, saying it's acceptable because people can't help it. I then said, "Okay - so paedophiles having a kink for children is acceptable, is it?"

They said nothing back to me :smile: My questions are: have you heard of this before, and what is your view on it?

For me, it's a first and seems like a hideous concept.

It's the first time I've heard of it, but I understand the concept. The only people who should know your kinks are you partner and maybe your closest friends, even they don't need to know. If you are 'shamed' by your partner for your interest in a kink, they might not be the one for you. Fair enough they have the right to be like "I don't want to do that, I'm definitely not into it", but they shouldn't ridicule you for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending