Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New PM should be elected from Leave Camp Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is what I think:

Micheal Gove: A absolute joke. How the hell is the man on the street suppose to relate to him?Theresa May: She is a strong contender but she is from the remain camp.
    Stephen Crab: Ha Ha! Are you kidding me? Half the country hated IDS and his replacement won't be much good.
    Liam Fox: No one knows who this guy is and he is boring!
    Andrea Leadsom: Same as above.

Conservatives need someone with a personality and years of experience. They need Edward Leigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Err, what are you talking about? That is perfectly legitimate, you elect a party. It's not like calling a referendum, receiving the verdict, then posthumously inventing rules that invalidate it.
    And how many people would have voted the Conservatives in if they thought that Boris (for an example) was going to represent the country rather than Cameron? Electing a political party means voting for the entire package, including the Prime Minister. This is the last thing I would expect to see from self-proclaimed democracy lovers.

Also, not giving the Conservatives who were in the Remain camp a chance is incredibly bureaucratic,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    We need a PM from the Leave side who knows what he is doing. If a PM from the Remain side who could potentially be biased and is opposed to Brexit messes things up, that will be on our heads. It wont be Brexiter's fault but people around UK could blame us for the mistakes of the Remain PM, and maybe we could get assaulted too as a result.
    Good candidates are Liam Fox, Andrea Leadsom or Michael Gove.

If a PM from the Remain side messes things up for the country, Us Brexiters cannot be held responsible. PM needs to be from Leave side.
    Do you really think the leave politicians aren't capable of screwing things up for themselves? Just exactly would messing things up entail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    And how many people would have voted the Conservatives in if they thought that Boris (for an example) was going to represent the country rather than Cameron? Electing a political party means voting for the entire package, including the Prime Minister. This is the last thing I would expect to see from self-proclaimed democracy lovers.

Also, not giving the Conservatives who were in the Remain camp a chance is incredibly bureaucratic,
    This is rubbish. The point is it is within law and their rights. Labour have done it many times and will do again. Overturning referendum results is not, stop being so hypocritical. Stop being such a sore, desperate loser and deal with it like an adult.

ReputationRep:
    This is rubbish. The point is it is within law and their rights. Labour have done it many times and will do again. Overturning referendum results is not, stop being so hypocritical. Stop being such a sore, desperate loser and deal with it like an adult.
    I don't care what Labour have done, my point is that if you all love democracy as much as you claim you do, you would not be suggesting the country has an unelected PM.

Where did I say anything about overturning the results? I'm fine with the country going through with it. I'm fine with going abroad for after graduation and training and watching the Leave voters reap the benefits of being in another financial recession. The reason you lot get up in arms and make assumptions whenever you come across someone who voted Remain is that you know you're screwed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what Labour have done, my point is that if you all love democracy as much as you claim you do, you would not be suggesting the country has an unelected PM.

Where did I say anything about overturning the results? I'm fine with the country going through with it. I'm fine with going abroad for after graduation and training and watching the Leave voters reap the benefits of being in another financial recession. The reason you lot get up in arms and make assumptions whenever you come across someone who voted Remain is that you know you're screwed.
    Err, the PM has stood down, should we ave no PM. It is all perfectly legal. We are going round in circles, because desperate remainers keep scraping the barrel for any non-existent argument they can. We have recessions all the time, I'd rather redress inequality and not worry about the rich for a change. No, I don't know we're screwed. the only reason we would be is global forces beyond our control, such as nuclear war or climate change, it has sod all to do with leave. Look at the thread on TTIP for god's sake, most remainers are totally uninformed about what it is, because they vote so mindlessly and tribally, they cannot see they were being softened up for globalist, corporatist dictatorship and serfdom. the EU is instrinsic to this, and the total lack of say and empowerment that individual people, who are not the elites, will have.

ReputationRep:

Err, the PM has stood down, should we have no PM? It is all perfectly legal. We are going round in circles, because desperate remainers keep scraping the barrel for any non-existent, babyish argument they can. They can't accept anything like adults, or show any solidarity. They can't accept the principled and logical arguments on the side of leave, brainwashed as they are. We have recessions all the time, I'd rather redress inequality and not worry about the rich for a change. No, I don't know we're screwed. the only reason we would be is global forces beyond our control, such as nuclear war or climate change, it has sod all to do with leave. Look at the thread on TTIP for god's sake, most remainers are totally uninformed about what it is, because they vote so mindlessly and tribally, they cannot see they were being softened up for globalist, corporatist dictatorship and serfdom. the EU is instrinsic to this, and the total lack of say and empowerment that individual people, who are not the elites, will have. Look at Norway and Switzerland out of the EU, look at unemployment all over Southern Europe, look at Canada, or Australia the last century. Stop being so irrational. It's not about a pyrrhic victory, it's about a sane, healthy move to try and rebalance the world, reclaim democracy and look to our national interests.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Gove is the recommended guy for the job. He did a speech today and promised the Country that he will control immigration by leaving the Single Market and making new deals with other markets before 2020. He has also promised to give NHS £100 million pounds a week. That to me is brilliant.

Theresa May on the other hand, has not promised us anything. She has not promised to cut immigration, and she has not promised to give NHS £100 million pounds.

I absolutely believe and trust that Michael Gove/Liam Fox can bring this country strong, rich and wealthy again.

ReputationRep:
    Err, the PM has stood down, should we ave no PM. It is all perfectly legal. We are going round in circles, because desperate remainers keep scraping the barrel for any non-existent argument they can. We have recessions all the time, I'd rather redress inequality and not worry about the rich for a change. No, I don't know we're screwed. the only reason we would be is global forces beyond our control, such as nuclear war or climate change, it has sod all to do with leave. Look at the thread on TTIP for god's sake, most remainers are totally uninformed about what it is, because they vote so mindlessly and tribally, they cannot see they were being softened up for globalist, corporatist dictatorship and serfdom. the EU is instrinsic to this, and the total lack of say and empowerment that individual people, who are not the elites, will have.
    Who's to say that we won't end up with the equivalent of TTIP out of desperation, without access to the Single Market? Like it or not, we live in a world in which countries have to depend on each other for most of the part. The UK is not a very self-sufficient country, and has not been for a very long time.

I doubt most of the people care about class equality. For one think they worship the monarchy, which is a symbol of bureaucracy and inequality.

ReputationRep:
    Err, the PM has stood down, should we have no PM? It is all perfectly legal. We are going round in circles, because desperate remainers keep scraping the barrel for any non-existent, babyish argument they can. They can't accept anything like adults, or show any solidarity. They can't accept the principled and logical arguments on the side of leave, brainwashed as they are. We have recessions all the time, I'd rather redress inequality and not worry about the rich for a change. No, I don't know we're screwed. the only reason we would be is global forces beyond our control, such as nuclear war or climate change, it has sod all to do with leave. Look at the thread on TTIP for god's sake, most remainers are totally uninformed about what it is, because they vote so mindlessly and tribally, they cannot see they were being softened up for globalist, corporatist dictatorship and serfdom. the EU is instrinsic to this, and the total lack of say and empowerment that individual people, who are not the elites, will have. Look at Norway and Switzerland out of the EU, look at unemployment all over Southern Europe, look at Canada, or Australia the last century. Stop being so irrational. It's not about a pyrrhic victory, it's about a sane, healthy move to try and rebalance the world, reclaim democracy and look to our national interests.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Who's to say that we won't end up with the equivalent of TTIP out of desperation, without access to the Single Market? Like it or not, we live in a world in which countries have to depend on each other for most of the part. The UK is not a very self-sufficient country, and has not been for a very long time.

I doubt most of the people care about class equality. For one think they worship the monarchy, which is a symbol of bureaucracy and inequality.
    Well, we are starting to reclaim it, and kick against the global order, that is a reason for cautious optimism. If we think TTIP is anyway beneficial to us, as a national humliation giving American corporations monopoly over our country and NHS(remainers?), power to sue our governments as we get, as per usual, zero in return, then we really are deluded. There are no discernible benefits, and it will only be pushed by people who want enslavement to the US and the abnegation of ourselves. n All we need to do is educate ourselves, not get lost in vain *****fights, like the fallout from Brexit, and for once stand up to the US and show some solidarity. I am concerned about indoctrination and people who want to sell out, and how the remain side thought it was such a progressive cause, it shows how naive and manipulated they are. The fact is only one European nation, to me the only western one worth it's salt, France rejected this TTIP. Every other European nation pushed it through, and Obama got a swede to do his bidding in Paris and soften them up. That sets a precedent to me, and shows there is no hope for the EU. At that point there became nothing to lose by leaving. I'm not idealistic, but I am relieved that leave won and I hope this can precipitate other democratic moves, like French independence, to break this horrible dehumanizing move to global governance and corporate monopoly, not to mention total control from Washington.

ReputationRep:
    Leadsom for PM!

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain that May has come out saying there will be no second referendum, no second chances etc. so why the issue with electing May (considering she's been fairly ''centrist'' about the whole matter as well, which accurately represents the vote outcome tbf).

And there's more to a PM than their views on the EU...

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think the leavers should have had a plan?

Any idiot could see that Cameron would quit if he lost. Boris didn't but he has always been a lazy sob and never worried about "details"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I'm fairly certain that May has come out saying there will be no second referendum, no second chances etc. so why the issue with electing May (considering she's been fairly ''centrist'' about the whole matter as well, which accurately represents the vote outcome tbf).

And there's more to a PM than their views on the EU...
    Theresa May is going to make rubbish decisions just like George Osbourne. They have both rejected their promise on fixing the economy by 2020. This does not promise us a good future if Theresa May is elected.

ReputationRep:
    Gove2016.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    I think it's best if the next PM hasn't already deceived the electorate on an epic and unforgivable scale.
    I guess that rules out all politicians and bankers then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.