Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 years old guy and 5'4" - is there any hope? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think your growth spurt is taking its time TBH. Don't worry. I myself have a friend who is only five foot three inches, and he's 15 years old. Besides, it could worse...

ReputationRep:
    http://m.wikihow.com/Look-Taller

You should realize those geometric shapes are just illusion caused by interactions between your eyes and the environment.

Read this. It's probably helpful.

http://www.staceylane.net/the-iceber...parison-sucks/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says I'm 16 and I'm 5'4, is that it for my height? Have I stopped growing?

It's so awkward being my height, everyone is taller than me - even most girls
    It's depressing especially when you see that you're out of all the required height ranges on the relationships forum on tsr lol...

Is there any hope left for me because I've heard pretty much everyone stops growing at 16.

God... This sucks.
    First of all fall in love with yourself. Respect yourself. Your height is awesome girls of small stature are notoriously hot. Shorter is better. Love what you have and stop stressing with negative issues. Good luck and my wishes for you to prosper in a career, and have a great relation with a good guy who can relieve you of all the stress.
    Happy hunting for your Knight in shiny armor.
    NOT A DIRTY OLD MAN.

ReputationRep:
    OP it's better to concentrate on things which you have some control over. if you work hard and get well-qualified you can land a good job, which goes a long way with the ladies.

ReputationRep:
    Well you are on the shorter side but who knows, you might get taller.

ReputationRep:
    I know people have said similar things but the key is confidence: If you are confident and out-going people notice you more despite your height, and people tend to notice your height less if you're loud. Also if you tend to hang around with people of a similar height then people won't see you as so short as there are a group of you. And with 5 years of growth left you could be 5'6" to 5'10" by the time you finish growing especially if you haven't already had a growth spurt.

ReputationRep:
    Most males don't grow drastically after 16/17, sorry bro you may just be unlucky on this one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'7" and o think I'm hopefully still growing. So you still have time. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you have finished growing, but I it doesn't look like you will grow up to be very tall. That is not a bad thing at all! Firstly plenty of females are below 5'4" (you'll probably grow up to be taller), and there's more to finding a mate than height anyway.

I was 5'4" when I was 16, now I'm 17 and 5'6/7". I doubt I will grow up to be very tall, but without sounding vain I have attractive features about me.

So to answer your question, dw because you're still a bit young for one, and two, chances are you haven't finished growing yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I'm slightly taller than my mum and my dad is taller than me by about a head, I don't know their exact heights.
    You should give yourself about 4-5 years to know your permanent height. Anyone tall or average height in your family?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and still am growing slightly(I am about 5"11 and am taller than both of my parents), you will probably end up being 5"5 but don't let that annoy you, few will issue you for your height when you're an adult

(Original post by dwhaas5)
    First of all fall in love with yourself. Respect yourself. Your height is awesome girls of small stature are notoriously hot. Shorter is better. Love what you have and stop stressing with negative issues. Good luck and my wishes for you to prosper in a career, and have a great relation with a good guy who can relieve you of all the stress.
    Happy hunting for your Knight in shiny armor.
    NOT A DIRTY OLD MAN.
    I'm a guy lol

(Original post by SmileyVibe)
    You should give yourself about 4-5 years to know your permanent height. Anyone tall or average height in your family?
    My eldest brother is the tallest, he's average height I'd say. But I have another brother (3 of us) who is older again, I think 19, and he's smaller than me by a bit, around 5'3.5"

Stoping being so insecure about yourseld and just put up with it. I am a girl and i am 152cm and i dont think i will grow any taller. I have learnt to love myself and stop comparing myself with other people, there will anyway be something you are not satisfy with even if you are taller. Even if yiu are 6 feet if you probably be wondering why you have a big nose , a big face etc. A relationship based on height is not gonna to work out from what i have heard. If you are scared that no one will like to because of it then you are wrong because you will eventually find someone who appreciates your inner beauty. People who tell you you are short are idiots bwcause this is just to make themseleves feel more superior and authoritative. It doesnt matter with your height, even a dwarf can find love as far as i am concerned. You need to overcome the pressure that the taller you are, the better you are. No i have learnt to reject that because you need to kove yourself and embrace every single imperfection you have. Next time if you ever feel down again, juat say to yourself , i love myself for who i am.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.