Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (I m not condoning anyone doing this and this was student finance Wales) If I could apply on results day and my tution paid on time then you shouldn't panic yet.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    (I m not condoning anyone doing this and this was student finance Wales) If I could apply on results day and my tution paid on time then you shouldn't panic yet.
    As I said, the universities are very used to students [DEL] not getting their arse in gear [/DEL] having other priorities.

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by jneill)
    As I said, the universities are very used to students :not getting their arse in gear: having other priorities.

In my defence I didn't think I d get a place but indeed they are
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    In my defence I didn't think I d get a place but indeed they are

(And how do I get strikethrough to work - very frustrating...! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    I have applied but cannot send any form of ID until August If you think about it, there are many people who will be applying after results day as some people were never planning on going to uni but after getting surprisingly good grades they change their minds, student finance will still be open for them and it's their job to make sure everyone gets the money they need before starting uni in september. You have nothing to worry about
    It's not their job to make sure everyone gets it on time. That's exactly why they have deadlines. It's only their job to make sure that people who applied on time get the application sorted before September. They have priority. And then it is just their job to process applications. The applications done after the deadline will just be processed as they go in the usual 6week time if all evidence required is in. If they need to request more evidence to make sure of something, they will keep doing it even if it takes 2-3 months.

ReputationRep:
    Mine took like a week --- weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Mine took like a week --- weird
    It depends on how clear your application is and luck. Some will be processed in a few days, some take the 6 weeks and some slip through.

I haven't heard anything about mine for 2 months after applying. Called then up and got told that they have received it but for whatever reason no one actually looked at it. Safe to say, was really annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    It depends on how clear your application is and luck. Some will be processed in a few days, some take the 6 weeks and some slip through.

I haven't heard anything about mine for 2 months after applying. Called then up and got told that they have received it but for whatever reason no one actually looked at it. Safe to say, was really annoyed
    Damn I must've been really lucky - I think I sent my off like a week after it opened so manube that's why it was quick cause I sent it off earlier but I needed the full loan so suprised they didn't do more checks - you have ages till uni though so don't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    Damn I must've been really lucky - I think I sent my off like a week after it opened so manube that's why it was quick cause I sent it off earlier but I needed the full loan so suprised they didn't do more checks - you have ages till uni though so don't worry too much
    Oh, mine was sorted eventually. I did have to constantly make calls tho. I applied like 2 days after it opened up. But first they didn't process it, then sent it to the wrong department. Then they 'sent' me a form to fill out that never came. Specifically called and asked if I could print it off somewhere. Got told 2 times that no, I could not and have to wait. Then 2 weeks later got sent an application form instead of the one I needed and got told that yes, it's online and I could've done it 2 weeks ago...
    But it did get sorted eventually tho and I'm getting the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Oh, mine was sorted eventually. I did have to constantly make calls tho. I applied like 2 days after it opened up. But first they didn't process it, then sent it to the wrong department. Then they 'sent' me a form to fill out that never came. Specifically called and asked if I could print it off somewhere. Got told 2 times that no, I could not and have to wait. Then 2 weeks later got sent an application form instead of the one I needed and got told that yes, it's online and I could've done it 2 weeks ago...
    But it did get sorted eventually tho and I'm getting the max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The people at student finance seem like such morons TBH

ReputationRep:
    The people at student finance seem like such morons TBH
    Unfortunately, quite a few of them are. I think they probably hire quite a few extra temp people for when the applications for the new year open up. So they have a bunch of barely trained people there. Cause I think it would be a waste of their money to have same amount of people answering calls all the time considering most calls come in over the summer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.