Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You made the mistake. You need to take responsibility for that. It happens to the best of us but you can't just lie your way out of everything. You can't just come up with an excuse every time something goes wrong. Surely she deserves the truth and not some lie that strangers on the internet helped you come up with. Think how you'd feel if it was the other way around. Even if you came up with the best lie ever, why had you not told her earlier? Why did it take nearly 2 hours let her know? Either way she'll probably be upset with you. Show her the respect of being honest with her and it'll pay off. You forgot. It happens. The longer you leave it the worse it's going to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    "It's better to be slapped with the truth can kissed with a lie":ashamed2:
    Unless you want to go ahead and make a stupid lie/excuse...like your pet goldfish died or you was in a car crash.
    What if she gets furious? I don't know if I could deal with that amount of barking.

I don't want to take the chance too risky. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man's wavey)
    What if she gets furious? I don't know if I could deal with that amount of barking.

I don't want to take the chance too risky. :/
    Well, you've made a mistake and know not to do it again. I doubt she would get too upset, just say you made a silly mistake and it won't happen again.
    It's just better to be honest about it rather than making a lie that doesn't sound realistic.

Something like this actually happened to me last week. I wasn't angry at all. The guy made a mistake and I accepted it and we agreed for another day...
    Although that might have been down to my personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    You made the mistake. You need to take responsibility for that. It happens to the best of us but you can't just lie your way out of everything. You can't just come up with an excuse every time something goes wrong. Surely she deserves the truth and not some lie that strangers on the internet helped you come up with. Think how you'd feel if it was the other way around. Even if you came up with the best lie ever, why had you not told her earlier? Why did it take nearly 2 hours let her know? Either way she'll probably be upset with you. Show her the respect of being honest with her and it'll pay off. You forgot. It happens. The longer you leave it the worse it's going to be.
    Yeah you make a lot of sense, the more I delay the worse it will get for me.

I'll just tell her the truth and hope she forgives me.

If not I will just have to accept her being angry at me.:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    'Man forgot innit.'

Tell her your in hospital.
    You fainted.
    Dog died.
    Gran died
    Brother died
    Your dying
    You were kidnapped by aliens
    Public transport delay
    Memory loss
    Pretend you misunderstood the day or time you suppose to meet.
    Or all of the above

Or you could just be honest, apologise and make up for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know one of my friends cut open his thumb as an excuse
    Spoiler:
    Show
    spend 6 hours in hospital hooked to a morhpine drip so i had to make the call and tell his date he was on morphine
    NB- they have been married for almost a year now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I know one of my friends cut open his thumb as an excuse
    Spoiler:
    Show
    spend 6 hours in hospital hooked to a morhpine drip so i had to make the call and tell his date he was on morphine
    NB- they have been married for almost a year now
    Lol no way. Thats so sly yet so adorable at the same time lol he forget about the date in the first place too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No dont tell her you forgot. She will probably say you dont care and thats why you forgot so make a good excuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    Lol no way. Thats so sly yet so adorable at the same time lol he forget about the date in the first place too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is was to an extent
    the doctor said 10 more mins and he would have bled out
    he forgot about the date in the first place

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.