Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Greatest Footballer of All Time Watch

ReputationRep:
    why is George Best always forgotten about in these discussions. Pele himself has said that Best was the greatest footballer in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    why is George Best always forgotten about in these discussions. Pele himself has said that Best was the greatest footballer in the world.
    In terms of natural ability, he has to be at the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    In terms of natural ability, he has to be at the top.
    Yes he has to be haha. He wasn't bad considering he must have turned up to most of the games with a hangover from the night before.

ReputationRep:
    Jheeze I was gonna say Zidane as well.

ReputationRep:
    Pele says a lot of crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Pele says a lot of crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That may be true. However you can't deny the natural ability of George Best.

ReputationRep:
    That may be true. However you can't deny the natural ability of George Best.
    Of course not, however I'm uncomfortable making such broad statements as 'x was the best player/most talented of all time' think it's better to have categorise such players as one of the best off all time since comparison between conditions is impossible to make

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta > Zidane

Anyway, I'd go for Messi as the best ever.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho and R9! They were the ones that got me watching football as a kid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Johann Cruyff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Jheeze I was gonna say Zidane as well.
    Yeh but iniesta is better than him so....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHistoryKid)
    Yeh but iniesta is better than him so....?
    Give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Must be some strong stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Give me some of whatever you're smoking.

Must be some strong stuff.
    No, im sure many others will agree with me, iniesta is the greatest midfielder of all time, the only reason you say zidane is because of nostalgia and not proper thought.

Who else agrees iniesta was better than zidane?

ReputationRep:
    No, im sure many others will agree with me, iniesta is the greatest midfielder of all time, the only reason you say zidane is because of nostalgia and not proper thought.

Who else agrees iniesta was better than zidane?
    Mate you're entitled to think whatever you like.

Honestly I'm too tired and I don't care enough to debate this :lol: Your argument is that most people think like me (which you haven't proven) = I must be right..?

Also how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    As good as Iniesta is, he's not better than Zidane imo.

The most talented footballer I've ever seen is Ronaldinho, that guy was a monster in his prime. Most consistently good is Messi, but idk he just isn't as fun to watch as some other players I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Mate you're entitled to think whatever you like.

Honestly I'm too tired and I don't care enough to debate this :lol: Your argument is that most people think like me (which you haven't proven) = I must be right..?

Also how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    Iniesta has surpassed zidane in every way, regardless of whether you like it or not, and i'm 19, what has that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    x
    OK mate :lol: Enjoy your evening

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta has surpassed zidane in every way, regardless of whether you like it or not, and i'm 19, what has that got to do with anything?
    You do realise saying who's better is subjective anyway. There's no unanimous way of deciding who is better or was the best. Just feel lucky we got to see some great talent over the years :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It has to be none other than the glorious James Milner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    You do realise saying who's better is subjective anyway. There's no unanimous way of deciding who is better or was the best. Just feel lucky we got to see some great talent over the years :lol:
    Please do tell me what zidane has done that iniesta hasnt?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.