Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brexit: Nation in national mourning - Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Even johnson admits.

Government forced to cut taxs to stop corporations fleeing country

All this money will be lost to NHS , social services to help the elderly and poor.
    It was people like you who lost us the referendum. You supported Corbyn and its Corbyn's camp who sabotaged the remain campaign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    It was people like you who lost us the referendum. You supported Corbyn and its Corbyn's camp who sabotaged the remain campaign
    Typical UKIP'er. We lost because Lib Dem vote collapsed due to Tuition Fee scandal. Had there been a coalition government there would have been no referendum

REMAIN REMAIN REMAIN...

There is no "lost" - democracy is like the Monarchy.
    The King is Dead, long Live The New King

The Vote is Ended, long live the New Vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Even johnson admits.

Government forced to cut taxs to stop corporations fleeing country

All this money will be lost to NHS , social services to help the elderly and poor.
    We won't leave the single-market anyway so I wouldn't get too worked up about things long term.

Just think of all the Kippers you can laugh at when we keep free movement and still pay them £350 million a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    We won't leave the single-market anyway so I wouldn't get too worked up about things long term.

Just think of all the Kippers you can laugh at when we keep free movement and still pay them £350 million a week.
    I disagree - once the ball starts rolling who knows where it might lead.
    Our future might well be stolen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    Wow I guess we're lucky you have the power of future sight on these issues.

If he and his views as Chancellor are irrelevant, then why did you just tell me that what he has just announced is part of some secret grand plan, to which you apparently hold even more details than he does? Surely what he says is either irrelevant or the ultimate plan, you can't have both.

Or is this part of the future sight as well? You must win a lot of money on bets.
    I never mentioned George Osbornes plan in any of my posts until in reply to your last reply to me.

Makes your last post look a bit stupid now doesn't it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Doom & gloom.

Attachment 558777
    Why would someone sit that close to a tv that big? :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paul514)
    I never mentioned George Osbornes plan in any of my posts until in reply to your last reply to me.

Makes your last post look a bit stupid now doesn't it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

...wtf. George Osbourne's plan IS this corporate tax business which was the topic of conversation. You said it was part of a plan until after the referendum (which was announced today, by Osbourne, in the budget). I pointed out it wasn't specific in the announcement as to when it was going to be put into place. You told me George Osbourne is irrelevant, and then mysteriously predicted his date of departure to somehow prove this. I pointed out as the creator of the plan we are all discussing, it seems incorrect to call him irrelevant. You now deny you have ever been involved in saying anything to do with this, on the basis that you didn't specifically say the name George Osbourne until I made you say it and somehow that makes me stupid. That just about sums up this seriously weird conversation.

I really have no idea what is going on in your mind. o.o

ReputationRep:
    ...wtf. George Osbourne's plan IS this corporate tax business which was the topic of conversation. You said it was part of a plan until after the referendum (which was announced today, by Osbourne, in the budget). I pointed out it wasn't specific in the announcement as to when it was going to be put into place. You told me George Osbourne is irrelevant, and then mysteriously predicted his date of departure to somehow prove this. I pointed out as the creator of the plan we are all discussing, it seems incorrect to call him irrelevant. You now deny you have ever been involved in saying anything to do with this, on the basis that you didn't specifically say the name George Osbourne until I made you say it and somehow that makes me stupid. That just about sums up this seriously weird conversation.

I really have no idea what is going on in your mind. o.o
    No I didn't

I said after brexit is when we should do big tax cuts so they can't use it against us in negotiations I never mentioned his plan I just replied to your message saying what he wants is irrelevant as he wont be chancellor the day after we have a new pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paul514)
    No I didn't

I said after brexit is when we should do big tax cuts so they can't use it against us in negotiations I never mentioned his plan I just replied to your message saying what he wants is irrelevant as he wont be chancellor the day after we have a new pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well in which case I apologise. I assumed that what you posted was relevant to the current UK political situation and the current plan, particularly when you told me I 'wasn't getting' something, like it was a fact that was out there and I'd failed to understand it. I therefore missed the fact you were simply explaining your own internal idea of what a plan could be. Which I don't honestly think it's fair to assume I would be able to 'get' without being a mind reader(!).

You had an idea that clearly had nothing to do with George Osbourne at the same time announcing an identical plan. Anyway if I assumed you were talking about what was also happening in the present political situation, and therefore assumed they were along the same lines; I obviously made a mistake somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Well in which case I apologise. I assumed that what you posted was relevant to the current UK political situation and the current plan, particularly when you told me I 'wasn't getting' something, like it was a fact that was out there and I'd failed to understand it. I therefore missed the fact you were simply explaining your own internal idea of what a plan could be. Which I don't honestly think it's fair to assume I would be able to 'get' without being a mind reader(!).

You had an idea that clearly had nothing to do with George Osbourne at the same time announcing an identical plan. Anyway if I assumed you were talking about what was also happening in the present political situation, and therefore assumed they were along the same lines; I obviously made a mistake somehow.
    It pretty much a straight forward blueprint to put a turbo charger on the economy.

What it would do for paying for public services I don't know but it's kind of akin to what thatcher did by changing the money markets when she came into power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    A rather spot-on Venn diagram of Brexit Britain...

Diagram explained:
    http://www.vox.com/2016/7/5/12098156...n-venn-diagram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    Oh for heavens sake - get over it - the Leavers won. The EU is a bloated behemoth that no longer serves its purpose. It is so far from why it was set up. *Can you name your MEP? No thought not
    They are masters of spoilt petulance, entitlement and denial. Perhaps tellingly there is nothing much British about them. No ability to just accept it and get on with it, and no real regard for democracy and self-determination. Clearly for years we have been being De-Britishized by Blairism and this is how all the metropolitans think now. I've noticed it during my life, the sense of British irony is going too as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.