This right here is why I voted leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Thank god we left,
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rnment-in-the/

Military
    Federal government
    whats next?
    Well, just because one person says this (even if he is the EU Parliament President) does not mean it will happen, although it does make sense in my view - at the moment you have to get consensus of 28 heads of states to do anything at all which paralyses every decision.

But even if that happened, the UK had already negotiated successfully not to be included in the EU's "ever closer union" so I am not sure why people are getting so uppity about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hirondelle127)
    Oh for heaven's sake, that's just a ridiculous clickbait headline. Aren't we done with the leave's side scaremongering? We've left. It's over. Are you all so insecure about your win that you have to keep on pretending the Leave's side's propaganda was correct?

The whole point is that the EU is now saying, 'we've realised people aren't happy with the way things are run and think our system of government is undemocratic, we will reform it and make it more transparent'. It does not say that it'll become an EU federation. Will there one day be an EU federation? Who knows. Is the EU working to become 'closer together' - sort of, but not in a federal sense, at least not yet. Probably not in your lifetime.

I cannot believe what passes for journalism nowadays. This is ludicrous.

Read the bloody article fully next time, and when in doubt look up the sources yourself.

Good grief people.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    This right here is why I voted leave
    same

ReputationRep:
    If the EU followed the US model I'd have voted remain but it doesn't. The EU has neither fully committed to a federal EU or allowed the nation states to flourish independently. It has been in a grey area in between all the while allowing bureaucrats to live a life of luxury at our expense. Sitting on the fence is useless. Either make the United States of Europe or call it a day,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.