Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prom starts in a few hours Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had similar thoughts before my prom too, but I'm really glad I went now. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more once you're there, you've relaxed a little bit and you can get dancing It's a really good experience and you'll remember it for years, by the end of the night you'll be glad you made the decision to go, trust me

(Original post by Student403)
    Either way the money's already down the drain

1) you go and have a bad time = waste of money
    2) you don't go = waste of money (but the advantage of this is you don't waste your time)
    Sigh. Your logic makes sense but - but... The money.

(Original post by saraxh)
    I was considering staying home but I went anyways. It turned out to be amazing.
    (Original post by Kanairee)
    I had similar thoughts before my prom too, but I'm really glad I went now. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more once you're there, you've relaxed a little bit and you can get dancing It's a really good experience and you'll remember it for years, by the end of the night you'll be glad you made the decision to go, trust me
    May I direct you both to what I said above:

(Original post by Platopus)
    Hmm. I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago and I hated that. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.

ReputationRep:
    That thought would cheer me up but there won't be any food. All the money was spent on buying alcohol.
    I just went to mine. I didn't want to go. I loved it, we mixed up two schools (one 95% boys, one 95% girls), and I met a really nice girl and had a great time with my friends.

Go mate, you will regret it if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. Your logic makes sense but - but... The money.
    I do feel for you - i was in your position a couple of months ago

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I just went to mine. I didn't want to go. I loved it, we mixed up two schools (one 95% boys, one 95% girls), and I met a really nice girl and had a great time with my friends.

Go mate, you will regret it if you don't.
    But as I said above:
    Hmm. I have a pretty good idea of what it will be like, due to the prom I attended two years ago and I hated that. This one will be in the same venue with the same people, only difference is there will be alcohol - yet another thing I hate. So if anything, I will enjoy this prom less.

ReputationRep:
    May I direct you both to what I said above:
    If you don't want to go you do't have to.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My friend who hates dancing and the kind of atmosphere it had still went. She still found it fun

ReputationRep:
    But as I said above:
    Have you got anything better to do though? I mean, I'm not too keen on booze and I still liked it, although I did get pretty buzzed.

If you don't want to go you do't have to.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My friend who hates dancing and the kind of atmosphere it had still went. She still found it fun
    But I hated the last one which was in the same venue as this one and everything so I don't see how this one will be different. But thanks for trying to console me.

(Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Have you got anything better to do though? I mean, I'm not too keen on booze and I still liked it, although I did get pretty buzzed.
    To me, anything would be better. I could be reading my book, for example and it's killing me that I can't!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to either of mine, despite people telling me how much I missed and how I should've picked up my award etc I just can't bring myself to care, if you truly don't want to go you don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But I hated the last one which was in the same venue as this one and everything so I don't see how this one will be different. But thanks for trying to console me.
    You could also go there for 10 minutes and leave if you hate it.

(Original post by drandy76)
    I didn't go to either of mine, despite people telling me how much I missed and how I should've picked up my award etc I just can't bring myself to care, if you truly don't want to go you don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thing is, I bought a ticket and dress and I hate wasting money

ReputationRep:
    Have fun I guess You might end up enjoying it, who knows?

You could also go there for 10 minutes and leave if you hate it.
    True. As it is, I've booked a taxi to collect me at 10:30pm so I'm only staying for 2 1/2 hours. I don't care if that rude.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Have fun I guess You might end up enjoying it, who knows?
    Who knows indeed, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    True. As it is, I've booked a taxi to collect me at 10:30pm so I'm only staying for 2 1/2 hours. I don't care if that rude.
    aw I don't think we were allowed to do that at our prom because it was in a boat lol

ReputationRep:
    Monday is a very odd day to have a prom, i'm guessing it's cheaper to hire a venue.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, I bought a ticket and dress and I hate wasting money
    You can always get more I guess, it's a trade off between money lost/your desire not to go, if you dislike of wasting money is greater then go, although I assume the dress can be returned?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To me, anything would be better. I could be reading my book, for example and it's killing me that I can't!
    What went so badly the last time?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.