That is what you voted for -

What is your answer BREXITEErs?
    kent is a shitehole full of dicks, so nobody cares
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Hi,
    some points for you:

a) You should not expect me to come up with interesting topics of discussion. If you are going to say my one is a bore the onus is on you to come up with a more interesting topic.

b) If you were a REMAIN voter but now you have changed your mind and become a tacit UKIP follower in the destruction of the UK, then you should be honest about that - if you are still REMAIN then point (a).

c) I would say for KENT based students this might well be interesting (I do not know, as I do not live in KENT, but having a tent city anywhere in the UK would be pretty important discussion point
    Where did you get the 10,000 number from. I couldnt see it in the article?
    Did you make it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Do what the French government should have done years ago and deport them all back to their own countries the minute they set foot on our soil.
    Where do you send someone who has no papers and therefore no nationality? And what do you do with them, if they can be identified, but their home nation doesn't want them?

If only immigration was as simple as the sentence you just vomited out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Where did you get the 10,000 number from. I couldnt see it in the article?
    Did you make it up?
    The BBC says 2,000 a night so , one can guesstimate about 10,000? Would you say that sounds fair?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29074736

From link:
    "
    But many migrants are undeterred, although the numbers trying to get across the Channel have fallen - in July, some 2,000 migrants a night were trying to get into the terminal, compared to 150 in August.
    "

I'm happy to retract or increase.

What is your view?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    The BBC says 2,000 a night so , one can guesstimate about 10,000? Would you say that sounds fair?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29074736

From link:
    "
    But many migrants are undeterred, although the numbers trying to get across the Channel have fallen - in July, some 2,000 migrants a night were trying to get into the terminal, compared to 150 in August.
    "

I'm happy to retract or increase.

What is your view?
    Old news . That article is dated 3 October 2015.
    2000 a night tryiong to get into a terminal is not tens of thopusand or even 10,000. Have you ever thought it could be the same 2000 trying to bypass the terminal?

You gave the impression it was somehow linked to Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Old news . That article is dated 3 October 2015.
    2000 a night tryiong to get into a terminal is not tens of thopusand or even 10,000. Have you ever thought it could be the same 2000 trying to bypass the terminal?

You gave the impression it was somehow linked to Brexit.
    a) If the border moves back to Kent, yes I would think it could be 2000 a day or 10,000 very quickly.
    I would say that was fair.
    And yes that would be Brexit.
    The French are potentially going to do this as a direct result of Brexit.
    Their thinking is "they want their country back" - well lets give it to them.

ReputationRep:
    a) If the border moves back to Kent, yes I would think it could be 2000 a day or 10,000 very quickly.
    There's not 10000 in the jungle so how are we going to end up with 10000 here?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

You used an old story and made the rest up. It isnt a case of fair , it's a case you are wrong.

You fail to understand that attempts are not unique and it doesn not exlude a migrant making more than one attempt. If you read your own article that is obvious.

You should just invent stuff to try and support an argument becayse when its found to be flase it undermines you. From the same article.

The Home Office said the UK Border Force and the French authorities together prevented more than 39,000 attempts to cross the Channel illegally in 2014/15 - more than double the number prevented the previous year, while Eurotunnel, which operates the Channel Tunnel says it has blocked 37,000 attempts since January.
    An attempt does not mean it signifies the number of migrants on a one to oen basis otherwise there would be 37,000,39,000.in the camps when reports show there are anywhere between 3,000-6,000.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Fred/John,

You're boring me now.

Regards,

Stay voter

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a credible source for this?

Thought not. Project Fear is still in full flow it appears.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.