Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just bought some shares - will get rich soon - AMA watch

The Barclays share isn't £137 lol. You don't know what you're talking about - next time do your research before making stuff up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MnWhCntBMvd)
    Just the way you say it makes me instantly disbelieve you

Secondly I spent 40 * 137.225 - no one familiar with investing would think that someone spent £137.225 lol

And you don't have access to a 25% return property portfolio and the ability to multiply your money by a factor of 8x using silver otherwise you wouldn't be here talking to me.

So shut up.
    I don't trust banks as investments and have a guy who handles my shares whilst i handle his gold
    I made £29,000 out of Brexit
    it is possible just takes a few years and the right connections (a GSK retiree with a permit to buy a lot of acid and a few guys in the tech repair/salvage market so most of it come from circuit boards and connectors) to do that with silver
    it's a portfolio bond that lasts 2 years so next year is the last year unless I reinvest
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just deciding on if i should spend the other £15,000 on a patek philippe 5205G or a pre-owned maserati quattroporte

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    23rd of June: I buy $7.25 with £5.
    24th of June: I sell $7.25 for £5.57

I made £0.57 (before tax). People call me the Wolf of Wall Street, but when you know stocks like I do, you make profit and live handsomely (I bought a Snickers bar with the green if anyone's interested).
    Conrharulations but personally I would've opted for a mint aero bar

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have misguidance about IB to be spewing out? did you even go to Oxbridge like me?
    You're not even the guy in your avatar so how are we to believe a catfish who claims to go to oxbridge and still wants to boast about investing in petty stocks?

Btw there are many people in like yr11 investing in the stock market with virtual money, just sayin. Nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    OP Failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Aye, misguidance. Good one pal.

See a lot of people claim to go to Oxbridge on this site, most of them lie. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  501.0 KB

May be you should spend the rest of evening convincing yourself how great Warwick is?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  501.0 KB

May be you should spend the rest of evening convincing yourself how great Warwick is?
    HAHA, fair enough. What degree? And if that is your degree, how come you're on here and not livin' the high life like all TSRians believe Oxbridge grads live?

Nah, don't need to bro. My ego is secure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HAHA, fair enough. What degree? And if that is your degree, how come you're on here and not livin' the high life like all TSRians believe Oxbridge grads live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because not all, if any, Oxbridge grads live the good life in their mid twenties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    The Barclays share isn't £137 lol. You don't know what you're talking about - next time do your research before making stuff up
    What is it then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Because not all, if any, Oxbridge grads live the good life in their mid twenties
    Fair statement, seems like you're legit. Good luck with things dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a third class degree and he studied norse studies. He's affiliated with the nines club. Thats why its covered.

ReputationRep:
    You actually won't get rich straight away, and (no offense) judging by your profile pic, it wasn't exactly the brightest idea. While I myself have no understanding of how stocks work anyway, you would need a long-term plan to profit from these shares; with the correct know-how and timing, you could eventually consider yourself rich, or you could just be going down the job centre after it all blows up in your face (not to jinx it in any way)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you need to question jamesthehustler and his 700% return on silver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datboii)
    It's a third class degree and he studied norse studies. He's affiliated with the nines club. Thats why its covered.
    Norse studies isn't really a subject - it's like Oriental studies or Land Economy. I studied Nat sci and I got a first in each year of tripos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    You actually won't get rich straight away, and (no offense) judging by your profile pic, it wasn't exactly the brightest idea. While I myself have no understanding of how stocks work anyway, you would need a long-term plan to profit from these shares; with the correct know-how and timing, you could eventually consider yourself rich, or you could just be going down the job centre after it all blows up in your face (not to jinx it in any way)
    I'm going to just leave it for a long time

ReputationRep:
    Norse studies isn't really a subject - it's like Oriental studies or Land Economy. I studied Nat sci and I got a first in each year of tripos.
    lol i believe you. im just messing with you but i failed to trigger you oh well.

Whats wrong with land economy?

ReputationRep:
    What is it then?
    Currently 136.44 pence per share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datboii)
    lol i believe you. im just messing with you but i failed to trigger you oh well.

Whats wrong with land economy?
    It's a subject for slightly dim rich kids that will ultimately live off their parents wealth

ReputationRep:
    Cen I hab a monay pls?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And oh yeah, I was only antagonising you because you're a moderator - I thought your guide was really good.

The only aspect I would highlight is the "what is target" bit - you want to make it clear that the process of deciding these is highly subjective and perhaps be clear that this is your opinion?

It was good anyway - keep up the good work.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.