Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Taxi driver refuses to take disabled passenger with guide dog for religious reasons Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    How is this news?

Why is a national newspaper reporting this?
    It seems (after speaking to a blind friend I have) that there has been a marked increase in this issue (along with access to places to eat) so they are trying to get the issue highlighted to raise awareness. It is after all 2016 and this should simply not be happening at all

(Original post by Shazen)
    I swear all the time I hear about Muslims doing bad things on TSR.
    What is your point?

Are you saying that you always hear of Muslims doing bad things because they do bad things a lot, or because TSR is biased against Muslims? Your comment can be taken either way

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit more sympathetic, but at the end of the day, it's a part of your job. If you can't take that, then why do the job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    What is your point?

Are you saying that you always hear of Muslims doing bad things because they do bad things a lot, or because TSR is biased against Muslims? Your comment can be taken either way
    I meant that whenever I come online for some reason I always hear about Msulim doing bad things don't take this the wrong way I'm a Muslim too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shazen)
    I meant that whenever I come online for some reason I always hear about Msulim doing bad things don't take this the wrong way I'm a Muslim too.
    The threads which people are creating on the "bad things Muslims do" are often to do with sexual assault by migrant men on young girls, terrorist attacks in dense metropolitan cities or disharmony such as Muslims not integrating into society or following British laws and customs. People are not picking on Muslims for no reason. If you're a Muslim and you live a peaceful and decent life then there's no reason to feel threatened by it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.