The Student Room Group

Can I study golf management as a second degree using student finance?

Scroll to see replies

This thread is basically how many TSRers does it take to answer a question
Original post by KatieBlogger
No, that statement that if you've already done a degree, you can't get student finance IS wrong. Let's not play semantics.

As you've rightly pointed out, there are are cases where people with first degrees can get student finance funding for second degrees.

The reason I'm opinionated on this is because people like yourself making the statement that you did were my first source of information when I initially researched doing a second degree. I had to get through a lot of false information like that before I found out that I WAS entitled for help with my NHS degree.

Most people who Google search whether they can get funding for a second degree (often NHS!) will end up on TSR and find a post like yours. It's misleading and you ought to qualify your statement in your original post itself, not by response to me as a semantics debate.

Rubbish. It is a general rule and there's nothing wrong with saying so. You should have been more specific about what you wanted to study when asking a question, if you didn't say what you wanted to study then you can hardly complain that you were told no.
Original post by Snufkin
Rubbish. It is a general rule and there's nothing wrong with saying so. You should have been more specific about what you wanted to study when asking a question, if you didn't say what you wanted to study then you can hardly complain that you were told no.

So I could go do a funded MEng degree if I wanted?
Original post by physicsphysics91
So I could go do a funded MEng degree if I wanted?

Yes but only if it was part-time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending