Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will there be a Muslim Holocaust in Europe? watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope not - I am not a Muslim but my parents and other people I care about are. And even if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't want that to happen to any group.

I don't think that anything really bad will happen in the UK, but some of the other EU countries worry me with the kind of people they are electing into power.

Julius Streitcher (a war criminal) used to quote the Torah and the Talmud to "prove" that Jews were evil, scheming, untrustworthy and had contempt for all nonbelievers. The far-right are doing the same to Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Holocaust? Certainly not, there were no Jewish states then, while now there are tens of Muslim states.
    Repatriation, however, and similar stances are very likely. At the very least I imagine Islam will be banned somewhere and sometime in the future. Discrimination against Muslims, and Arabs and Asians generally, will then skyrocket and most Muslims will leave Europe.
    I don't know though how likely, but will happen in one form or another, and to one degree or another I am sure.
    Religious state backing wont stop a holocaust occurring - look at Saudi - supposedly the most Islamic country on earth and yet its strongest allies are the US and Israel both of whom kill thousands of muslims for their own political gain.
    There were millions of Jews in Europe and yet they were systematically abused/ murdered and dispersed.Secondly Islam shouldn't be banned. Its the most progressive of all the Abrahamic religions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I knew you were going to argue that point, I just knew it. Either way you look at it, the attempt to put in action Marx's principles has failed drastically and caused much death and misery for the ordinary people it was intended to protect. Communism does not work in practice. Capitalism is much better for the average person than communism
    No, it didn't. You don't understand communism then if this is your assessment. The reality is true communism has never been implemented. You cannot say that communism does not work in practice because you have never seen it in practice and therefore your viewpoint is completely skewed. It would be like judging capitalism based on today's corporatist America. It just isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    No one needs a religious state backing for a holocaust to occur - look at Saudi - supposedly the most Islamic country on earth and yet its strongest allies are the US and Israel.
    There were millions of Jews in Europe and yet they were systematically abused/ murdered and dispersed.Secondly Islam shouldn't be banned. Its the most progressive of all the Abrahamic religions
    That's not what I am saying.
    There were no states there to protect the Jewish people or to take them into custody away from the Nazis, that's not the case with Muslims. The Arab world and a lot of countries around the world will go full monkeysuit if such a thing happens, so I don't think it's as practically possible as the Holocaust was.

I am not arguing whether or not should be banned, I am just saying what I think will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    No, it didn't. You don't understand communism then if this is your assessment. The reality is true communism has never been implemented. You cannot say that communism does not work in practice because you have never seen it in practice and therefore your viewpoint is completely skewed. It would be like judging capitalism based on today's corporatist America. It just isn't right.
    Throughout history there have been 22 countries claiming to be communist applying at least some principles of communism. Are you telling me that instead of the communistic ideology being flawed and impractical all of these 22 countries were wrong? Capitalism has done more to raise the standard of living for the average person than communism have ever done. If an ideology cannot be applied properly then it shouldn't be followed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Yes
    Cool. Why are you worried there may be? My prediction is civil war in some parts of Europe between Muslims and non-Muslims which will eventually trigger a reactionist Holocaust.

Also, another major issue is that the EU government could become hijacked by the far right if these groups gain enough support across the continent which could lead to a fascist superstate that imposes strict measures against minorities and abuses their human rights.

ReputationRep:
    Typical that no one mentions the slaughter of 1 million Armenian Christians at the hands of Muslims.

Worst case would be mass deportations.

If it were the other way around, and Westerners immigrated en masse to Islamic countries? Yes, then it would be a holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    Don`t be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Typical that no one mentions the slaughter of 1 million Armenian Christians at the hands of Muslims.

A lot of people are talking about the Armenian genocide, I have no idea what kind of bubble you live in. This thread, however, is dedicated to a totally different issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Throughout history there have been 22 countries claiming to be communist applying at least some principles of communism. Are you telling me that instead of the communistic ideology being flawed and impractical all of these 22 countries were wrong? Capitalism has done more to raise the standard of living for the average person than communism have ever done. If an ideology cannot be applied properly then it shouldn't be followed
    An ideology can be applied properly. It just never has been because people with ulterior motives have decided to serve themselves rather than the masses. And, your argument for capitalism being more successful is fundamentally flawed. Countries that are generally doing well are not embracing capitalism in its finest moment or method of implementation but are actually corporatist states. Truly capitalist states are not doing well at all. just look at most of Africa as an example.

Ironically, corporatism which has led to success has more in common with communism than the capitalism you claim to love so much. The only difference is rather than serve an elite political group, you serve an elite political and corporate group with vested interests.

ReputationRep:
    Not in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that we'll see anything quite so dramatic however i do suspect that these migrants will at some point arrive at the border of a country that does not want them and then somebody will overreact and shoot some of them.

ReputationRep:
    No way.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what I am saying.
    There were no states there to protect the Jewish people or to take them into custody away from the Nazis, that's not the case with Muslims. The Arab world and a lot of countries around the world will go full monkeysuit if such a thing happens, so I don't think it's as practically possible as the Holocaust was.

I am not arguing whether or not should be banned, I am just saying what I think will happen.
    But the West supplies the Arab nations with arms and ammunition,and helps train arab armies, I am pretty sure they would be destroyed in a war with the West.Look at how Saudi Arabia still need Western coalition forces during the first Gulf War despite the billions of dollars it spent on arm deals with the West,especially Britain.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are talking about the Armenian genocide, I have no idea what kind of bubble you live in. This thread, however, is dedicated to a totally different issue.
    It is hardly ever mentioned.

There is no conceivable way there would be a holocaust on Muslims in Europe. Total hyperbole.

I just find it vexing that many focus on Islam, when forgetting the other much more vehemently persecuted religions in Europe.

Anti-Islam sentiment was inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    But the West supplies the Arab nations with arms and ammunition,and helps train arab armies, I am pretty sure they would be destroyed in a war with the West.Look at how Saudi Arabia still need Western coalition forces during the first Gulf War despite the billions of dollars it spent on arm deals with the West,especially Britain.
    I am not saying they would defeat the West, they certainly won't, but I think the presence of such states will put a barrier to European countries and will repel them off doing something so dramatic, specially when they can just deport people.

ReputationRep:
    I think Germany would rather allow all the inhabitants to be killed or converted to Islam than rise up against it. There's too much guilt over the Holocaust there, and they would rather pay what they see as the karmic price.

However, I suspect that if the situation is not brought under control, there may be a situation like that in much of continental Europe. If Britain manages to remain stable and control immigration so that things don't get quite so out of hand, it may end up being the safest place for the few refugees and immigrants that do get in. But there aren't the resources for an unconditional and unlimited acceptance in the name of compassion like what Germany did. That has to be kept in mind.

ReputationRep:
    It is hardly ever mentioned.

There is no conceivable way there would be a holocaust on Muslims in Europe. Total hyperbole.

I just find it vexing that many focus on Islam, when forgetting the other much more vehemently persecuted religions in Europe.

Anti-Islam sentiment was inevitable.
    It's for a very simple reason, discrimination against Islam happens in the West, while discrimination against non-Muslims by Muslims happens in the East, i.e. far away from us. Hence the disproportionate reactions.
    I don't think any religions are persecuted in Europe in modern times, the Armenian genocide was quite some time back.

ReputationRep:

Worst case would be mass deportations.

If it were the other way around, and Westerners immigrated en masse to Islamic countries? Yes, then it would be a holocaust.
    Ottomans, it was the Ottomans who did that, not the entire Muslim world ranging from Morroco to Indonesia, it's was the Ottomans.

Posts like this (blaming the entire Muslim population for incidents) makes me feel the question this thread raises has a point.

ReputationRep:
    Probably and it's completely ludicrous how people don't learn their lesson, especially after the atrocoties of not even 100 years ago.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.